PDA

View Full Version : Panther Scholarship Club - What is your booster group?

PantherRob82
March 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
This is my second year volunteering for the PSC fund drive. We raise money to fund our scholarships.

If there are any UNI fans on the board that aren't members, drop me a PM and we can chat about it. :D

What's the equivalent at your school? Are you involved?

danefan
March 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
This is my second year volunteering for the PSC fund drive. We raise money to fund our scholarships.

If there are any UNI fans on the board that aren't members, drop me a PM and we can chat about it. :D

We were discussing this over on the Albany board.

Is your group a private group or is it run by the school?

PantherRob82
March 3rd, 2009, 10:22 AM
We were discussing this over on the Albany board.

Is your group a private group or is it run by the school?

That's a good question. I honestly don't know the answer. :o

Everything we do happens at the school, so I would guess it is run by the athletic dept, or at least very closely connected.

Tribe4SF
March 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
At W&M it's the Tribe Club, also known as the Athletic Education Foundation. Operates under the Athletic Department, and employees are under the AD.

We have a separate group called the W&M Football Club which raises money to fund scholarships designated for walk-ons. HEYFARL (Hundred Each Year For A Rising Letterman) currently funds four scholarships, and had 2008 revenue of $128,000. Funds raised through HEYFARL are administered through the Tribe Club.

Uncle Buck
March 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
The Hofstra Pride Club is what i donate through at Hofstra. The athletic department basically oversees how funds are used. They can go to support programs, team travel, scholarships, and equipment. You can make a general donation or it can be sport specific. Being a Pride Club member also opens up other perks like discounted season tix and more depending on your level of gift.

Another way to give is the Athletic Endowment Program which is specifically for a scholarship in your name or someone elses.

PhoenixPhan06
March 3rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
We have the Phoenix Club at Elon and I'm in my first year on the Advisory Board. Click below for more info on how to give today.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/e-web/athletics/phoenixclub/

Redwyn
March 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
P.A.W.S : Providing Athletes with Scholarships.

As for application, there's an athletic oversight board that includes alumni and faculty/staff, and I'd imagine the managing group within P.A.W.S. has some influence as to where money goes. Overall though, I'd say from the acronym it's rather clear :p

Thundar
March 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM
NDSU has Team Makers

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&ATCLID=70120

Husky Alum
March 4th, 2009, 07:47 AM
We have the Husky Athletics Club which is the "official" fund raising wing of the Athletics Department. The HAC folks are employees of the athletic department.

There are then splinter groups (much like Tribe4SF mentioned at W&M) that do their "own thing" with some form of "blessing" from the Athletics Department. These are run/administered by alumni and friends.

We have Friends of NU Hockey and Friends of NU Football. We have the Courtside Club for basketball, but it's been pretty dormant the last few years.

Hey Tribe, are you heading down to Richmond for the CAA Tourney this weekend? Would be great to catch up again. I'll be at the tourney all weekend, regadless of what NU does.

appmaj
March 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Yosef Club

813Jag
March 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Southern has the Quarterback Club. They have (or had not sure if they still do) the 6th Man Club for basketball.

clenz
March 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
That's a good question. I honestly don't know the answer. :o

Everything we do happens at the school, so I would guess it is run by the athletic dept, or at least very closely connected.
The offices for the PSC are right real close to the athletic department offices, the mail for the PSC is delivered with all of the athletic mail, etc...

Monarch History
March 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
This will be ODU's first year fielding a team since 1940. Old Dominion University Intercollegiate Foundation's, Big Blue Club, is the primary fundraising arm of our athletics. The Big Blue Club raises money for athletic scholarships and other initiatives. The athletic department receives no tax money from the State of VA to run our programs. The BBC is the arm that gives our teams the financial support it needs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
GSU just a few days ago changed the name from "Southern Boosters" to the "Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation". Very creative, isn't it? xrolleyesx

GOKATS
March 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
At Montana St. it's the Bobcat Club (formerly Athletic Scholarship Assoc.). Staff are employed by the AD. I served on the Board of Directors for many years including four years on the Executive Board while going thru the chairs, I'm a Past President. The sole purpose of the Bobcat Club is raising funds for athletic scholarships. There is also a Quarterback Club for football and a Sixth Man Club for basketball- the use of those funds are pretty much left up to the discretion of the HC for things like recruiting, a little extra pay for assistants, etc.

R3TRO
March 4th, 2009, 11:37 PM
GSU just a few days ago changed the name from "Southern Boosters" to the "Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation". Very creative, isn't it? xrolleyesx

Almost as creative as that new movie coming out "The Haunting in Connecticut"... xnonono2x

Sorry to thread jack but c'mon... I guess that's what happens when you make the same movie 3530958 times, you eventually run out of titles.

Chi Panther
March 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM

I renewed for 2009 just last week.

I have never volunteered....but I definately appreciate your efforts!!!xthumbsupx

I-AA Fan
March 9th, 2009, 10:26 AM
YSU has Penguin Club. Under that you have various sports, and join the actual club of the sport you sponsor:

The Courtside Coaches Club = basketball (M&W)

The Gridiron Club = Football

Diamond Club = Baseball.

Gold Glove Club = Softball.

The remaining sports share from the general club fund.

I am a proud member of Penguin Club ....The Gridiron Club (Emperor Level) and Diamond Club (1st base level).

Eaglesrus
March 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
YSU has Penguin Club. Under that you have various sports, and join the actual club of the sport you sponsor:

The Courtside Coaches Club = basketball (M&W)

The Gridiron Club = Football

Diamond Club = Baseball.

Gold Glove Club = Softball.

The remaining sports share from the general club fund.

I am a proud member of Penguin Club ....The Gridiron Club (Emperor Level) and Diamond Club (1st base level).

My Mom and Dad were members of the Penguin Club here in Savannah, but that group held monthly dances and the gentlemen wore tuxedos.