PDA

View Full Version : EIU fans?

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2005, 02:43 PM
1. Where are the EIU fans?
2. Who are Saluki fans supposed to debate the upcoming game with?
3. Has anyone ever seen an EIU fan on this board?
4. Do they have the internet in Charleston?

http://salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/eusa_think.gif

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2005, 03:10 PM
The last one I saw was none other than Willie High who, after UNI took Tony Romo and crew behind the woodshed, was never heard from again on the AGS board. Dude was talkin' some smach beforehand, though.

Cocky
November 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
FL Connection is online sometimes.

Mountain Panther
November 25th, 2005, 03:34 PM
1. Where are the EIU fans?
2. Who are Saluki fans supposed to debate the upcoming game with?
3. Has anyone ever seen an EIU fan on this board?
4. Do they have the internet in Charleston?

http://salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/eusa_think.gif

If you're feeling lonely you could start smack with the EWU faithful on UNI's behalf - they LOVE to argue and make bold statements.

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Cap'n Cat went to high school in the southwest sub's of Chicago and Eastern Illinois was where NOBODY wanted their kids to go. My HS FB coach told me to not return their recruiting calls. (Funny, I ended up playing for their then-current head coach at UNI two years later!)

That being said, I would say further that they likely only got computers at that "school" last summer. Give 'em some time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dbackjon
November 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'll have to stick up a bit for my brother's alma-mater - yes, they have had the internet for many years, but they have to share the one phone line in town.

That's right, Captn Cat - Bob Spoo was UNI's coach way back when... (pre or post Eldon Miller)??

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Cap, where did you go to HS?

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I'll have to stick up a bit for my brother's alma-mater - yes, they have had the internet for many years, but they have to share the one phone line in town.

That's right, Captn Cat - Bob Spoo was UNI's coach way back when... (pre or post Eldon Miller)??

No, Darrell Mudra. Spoo came in after Mudra went to UNI.

dbackjon
November 25th, 2005, 04:38 PM
No, Darrell Mudra. Spoo came in after Mudra went to UNI.

Gotcha.

Cap'n Cat
November 25th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Cap, where did you go to HS?

Two years at St. Charles.

Graduated from Tinley Park-Victor J. Andrew, '81.

osbormd
November 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Maybe the EIU fans are purposely staying off the boards to avoid any self- defeating smack talking.

Mountain Panther
November 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Maybe the EIU fans are purposely staying off the boards to avoid any self- defeating smack talking.

SILENCE is GOLDEN. Someone would have to pay me a handsome sum to stay off the boards if my team were in the playoffs.

Chucktown
November 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Eastern fans understand that they are the underdog in their upcoming game against the Salukis. For this reason, (at least in my case), i like to sit idly by and watch the things that others say about the game. I know the stats, and i want my team to win, but it would be better to be able to write something on here saturday night after our team pulled up an upset. So you people keep on saying what you want, and hopefully tommorow the unexpected happens, and that is EIU coming out on top. They may not have the stats, but they have found ways to come out of most games on top. I would be a little worried about playing against us, because you never know what you are going to get on the field. it may be 6-3, or it might be 35-31.. We will just have to wait and see. EIU will be ready, but most dont like to go sit and brag about what the score will be... I think more people are just more worried on the task at hand, instead of what other teams fans think---

Golden Eagle
November 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM
If (when) SIU goes down tomorrow, I bet a lot more EIU fans will crawl out of the woodwork.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Eastern fans understand that they are the underdog in their upcoming game against the Salukis. For this reason, (at least in my case), i like to sit idly by and watch the things that others say about the game. I know the stats, and i want my team to win, but it would be better to be able to write something on here saturday night after our team pulled up an upset. So you people keep on saying what you want, and hopefully tommorow the unexpected happens, and that is EIU coming out on top. They may not have the stats, but they have found ways to come out of most games on top. I would be a little worried about playing against us, because you never know what you are going to get on the field. it may be 6-3, or it might be 35-31.. We will just have to wait and see. EIU will be ready, but most dont like to go sit and brag about what the score will be... I think more people are just more worried on the task at hand, instead of what other teams fans think---
Nice to know there is someone in Chucktown at least.
:)

FL connection
November 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Chucktown and I must be the only true EIU fans out there.......tough finding flights so I had to do it the old fashion way.......19 hours on the road back yesterday!!!!!! Congrats to SIU for making more plays than the Panthers on Saturday!!! Seemed like a pretty even game. Future looking pretty bright in Charleston with only 4 senior starters graduating.......things must have changed pretty drastically over the years, Cap'n Cat, as I grew up close to Cedar Falls and UNI wasn't exactly the football capital of Iowa when I graduated. Pretty happy I sent my kid to EIU right now.......times change. Connection out!

EIU86
November 28th, 2005, 08:25 PM
At best Cap Cat broke even against EIU in his playing career. If he was on the five-year plan he would would have been 2-2-1, if on the four-year plan he would have been 1-2-1.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2005, 08:48 PM
In defense of Cap'n Cat, how tough can a little kitty be. He is still recovering from his Turkey Day meal.

http://humor.fountaingateway.com/images/berightback.jpg

Cap'n Cat
November 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Chucktown and I must be the only true EIU fans out there.......tough finding flights so I had to do it the old fashion way.......19 hours on the road back yesterday!!!!!! Congrats to SIU for making more plays than the Panthers on Saturday!!! Seemed like a pretty even game. Future looking pretty bright in Charleston with only 4 senior starters graduating.......things must have changed pretty drastically over the years, Cap'n Cat, as I grew up close to Cedar Falls and UNI wasn't exactly the football capital of Iowa when I graduated. Pretty happy I sent my kid to EIU right now.......times change. Connection out!

Yeah, it certainly wasn't.............in the 40's.

:rolleyes:

Cap'n Cat
November 28th, 2005, 08:50 PM
At best Cap Cat broke even against EIU in his playing career. If he was on the five-year plan he would would have been 2-2-1, if on the four-year plan he would have been 1-2-1.

And, still, UNI forced the Blue Kittens out of the Gateway...............

Tough when you can't compete, year-in, year-out.

:rolleyes:

FL connection
November 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Blue Kittens are back Cap......Stan Sheriff didn't set the world on fire before he took the ad job in Hawaii.........how 'bout the old stadium and that dirt track we used to run on in the middle of January, calling it "indoor track"....connection out!