PDA

View Full Version : Southern vs Jackson St 09

Bigmoneymike
February 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Has anyone heard if they have for sure moved this game to Jackson? I thought I heard someone say they have officially moved the game to jackson which has made some SU fans angry.

813Jag
February 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Has anyone heard if they have for sure moved this game to Jackson? I thought I heard someone say they have officially moved the game to jackson which has made some SU fans angry.
I heard it was offical a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm hearing it isn't offical. And pi$$ed would be a better word than angry. I've already cancelled my plans of going to that game, guess I'll go to homecoming instead. xnonono2x

Bigmoneymike
February 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I heard it was offical a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm hearing it isn't offical. And pi$$ed would be a better word than angry. I've already cancelled my plans of going to that game, guess I'll go to homecoming instead. xnonono2x

Jag whats the big beef? I have heard about the stadium people being jerks but it seems like a good idea if its going to make the university more money.

813Jag
February 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Jag whats the big beef? I have heard about the stadium people being jerks but it seems like a good idea if its going to make the university more money.
#1 it's a rivalry game that is best as a home and home. #2 it's the best home game Southern has with a crazy, wild atmosphere. #3 the stadium expansion is complete, and this game is perfect for it and #4 going to Jackson every year takes the luster off the trip.

Bigmoneymike
February 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
#1 it's a rivalry game that is best as a home and home. #2 it's the best home game Southern has with a crazy, wild atmosphere. #3 the stadium expansion is complete, and this game is perfect for it and #4 going to Jackson every year takes the luster off the trip.

all good points

813Jag
February 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM
all good points
I love the game against Jackson St because it doesn't have any classic name or anything attached to it. That game should be a home and home.

jstate83
February 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM

#5......xlolx
You know people in Jackson would never, EVER, let SU live comming to Memorial 3 year's in a row down.
Instead of chanting GO HOME at the end of the game, it would be SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, SAME PLACE, SAME TIMExlolx

On the real though.

Even with all the smack that would come behind this, nobody would have ever dreamed that SU would even consider moving this home game out of state.
Moving your home game with us to the Superdome was one thing but to move it to Memorial every year is something I never thought I would see taking shape.

813Jag
February 27th, 2009, 05:00 PM
#5......xlolx
You know people in Jackson would never, EVER, let SU live comming to Memorial 3 year's in a row down.
Instead of chanting GO HOME at the end of the game, it would be SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, SAME PLACE, SAME TIMExlolx

On the real though.

Even with all the smack that would come behind this, nobody would have ever dreamed that SU would even consider moving this home game out of state.
Moving your home game with us to the Superdome was one thing but to move it to Memorial every year is something I never thought I would see taking shape.
As long as they shoot that cannon when we score, then that'll make up for anything you guys say. xlolx

I'm really hoping this doesn't happen, especially with the expansion. I remember either 1996 (brake line game) or 1998 (scoreboard game) where Mumford was packed with 30K+. Southern and the community needs that game.

SUjagTILLiDIE
March 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM
As long as they shoot that cannon when we score, then that'll make up for anything you guys say. xlolx

KABOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . xlolxxlolx

jstate83
March 2nd, 2009, 08:59 AM

I'm really hoping this doesn't happen, especially with the expansion. I remember either 1996 (brake line game) or 1998 (scoreboard game) where Mumford was packed with 30K+. Southern and the community needs that game.

I kind of hope it don't happen either.
But when I think about only having to drive 1 mile for this football weekend for 3 years, I'll take it.
Give these people in Jackson to plan for a party year after year, no telling what will be going on in this city from Thursday to Friday.

KABOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . xlolxxlolx

Hey.
You know we got cannon's strategically positioned on that hill on the left side so everybody can feel the BOOM. xlolx
http://www.rac.com/Portals/0/Images/Portfolio/Sports/MississippiMemorialStadiumRenovation/ms_memorial_stadium_renovation_main.jpg

Bigmoneymike
March 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I think its official. I was listening to the jaguar journal this weekend and it sounds like the game will definately be in jackson. Many SU fans are upset b/c of how jackson officials handle some of there business. Apparently they only let the SU fans through one gate and it takes forever getting into the stadium among other things. They had the head of the board of directors on or at least a member and he stated that since it will be SU's home game they will hire additional staff and things will be different. They will make a lot more money for SU by having the game in jackson.

813Jag
March 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I think its official. I was listening to the jaguar journal this weekend and it sounds like the game will definately be in jackson. Many SU fans are upset b/c of how jackson officials handle some of there business. Apparently they only let the SU fans through one gate and it takes forever getting into the stadium among other things. They had the head of the board of directors on or at least a member and he stated that since it will be SU's home game they will hire additional staff and things will be different. They will make a lot more money for SU by having the game in jackson.
Most people are upset just because a home game is being moved. How's this for a home schedule?: Tennessee St, Central St, Fort Valley State, Prairie View (on Thursday night no less), and Alcorn. This game is perfect for Mumford, it creates an atmosphere that won't be matched, thus increasing the number of people that converge on Jackson. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get the numbers they want.

jstate83
March 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM

OK. xlolx
I see this is going to be a mess. xlolx
He better be ready to pay JPD and HCS to be present at evey gate that is opened.

Unlike with us, remember you have to pay for the use of the stadium, light's, and security.
That's a big chunk unless someone is going to split the bill's with him.
Another thing is fan's at Memorial are used to doing thing's a certain way.
If skyhigh prices come with tailgating and places that people normally use for tailgaing is off limit's.....................MORE PROBLEMS.

And last thing.
They saying it's ya'll's home game.
If that mean ya'll will be trying to use the home side and locker rooms, look out.
Then you will have 2 pissed off fan bases.

Again.
This is shaping up to be ONE BIG mess.xlolx

813Jag
March 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
OK. xlolx
He better be ready to pay JPD and HCS to be present at evey gate that is opened.

Unlike with us, remember you have to pay for the use of the stadium, light's, and security.
If skyhigh prices come with tailgating and places that people normally use for tailgaing is off limit's.....................MORE PROBLEMS.

And last thing.
If that mean ya'll will be trying to use the home side and locker rooms, look out.

Again.
that's why it needs to stay home and home. xreadx

JagHammer
March 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
I kind of hope it don't happen either.
But when I think about only having to drive 1 mile for this football weekend for 3 years, I'll take it.
Give these people in Jackson to plan for a party year after year, no telling what will be going on in this city from Thursday to Friday.

Hey.
You know we got cannon's strategically positioned on that hill on the left side so everybody can feel the BOOM. xlolx
http://www.rac.com/Portals/0/Images/Portfolio/Sports/MississippiMemorialStadiumRenovation/ms_memorial_stadium_renovation_main.jpg

That's a great pic of the Vet.

Bigmoneymike
March 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
OK. xlolx

And last thing.

Again.

I didnt take it like that. I think he was saying that they would hire additional staff on the southern side to alleviate some of the issues people had. I dont think any of the other stuff would change as far as changing sides and all that or tailgating. It does seem to be to much trouble though. I thought it was good idea if it was going to make extra money but now I'm with 813jag it should stay in mumford.