PDA

View Full Version : Alabama State just got ROBBED!!!

catamount man
November 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Tuskegee-Alabama State officials= :asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip:
SHAME ON YOU!

The ASU rb was CLEARLY across the line of scrimmage before he fumbled on the 2 point conversion and it took the officials nearly 3-4 minutes to decide what call to make all while trying to get both teams off of the field. Hell of a football game. All SWAC fans please comment. The Hornets got screwed! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

November 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
SHAME ON YOU!

The ASU rb was CLEARLY across the line of scrimmage before he fumbled on the 2 point conversion and it took the officials nearly 3-4 minutes to decide what call to make all while trying to get both teams off of the field. Hell of a football game. All SWAC fans please comment. The Hornets got screwed! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!Those were SWAC officials.

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
They took a D2 team to overtime, no sympathy waa waa

Mr. C
November 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Initially, I thought Williams was in in live time. But you really couldn't tell on the replay they showed. Imagine that every one of those officials somehow got screened out on the same play. Amazingly bad officiating in that regard.

November 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
They took a D2 team to overtime, no sympathy waa waaNot just any D-II team... TURKEY DAY fer gawds sake! Tuskegee is the winningest HBCU of all-time they said on the broadcast.

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Not just any D-II team... TURKEY DAY fer gawds sake! Tuskegee is the winningest HBCU of all-time they said on the broadcast.

To me its the same as a I-A taking a I-AA to overtime, shouldn't ever happen

November 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
To me its the same as a I-A taking a I-AA to overtime, shouldn't ever happenTo you maybe it is a simple intradivisional matchup but this is the 82nd meeting on Turkey Day for these teams.

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
To you maybe it is a simple intradivisional matchup but this is the 82nd meeting on Turkey Day for these teams.

Makes the SWAC look worse than they already do :doh:

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
They took a D2 team to overtime, no sympathy waa waa
TU has 22 D-1 transfers. They are not a regular D-2 team.

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I was at the game today, and the atmosphere was great! Tuskegee has dominated the series for the last 10 years. These two schools are only seperated by about 25 miles, so this is a HUGE rilvary. I felt like ASU missed to many big plays, and they had too many "STUPID" penalties. Tuskegee had some stupid penalties too, exspecially the one where the DB was ejected from the game. From where I was sitting, it looked like Williams got in. The game was decided by the officials and thats bad! Overall it was a great game, the city of Montgomery was decked out in black and gold, and crimson and gold today. Everything from the parade to the tailgating. From the looks of things, it looked like the whole city of Tuskegee made the trip to Montgomery for the game. This may have been the Last Turkey Day Classic to be held at the Crampton Bowl. The Crampton Bowl is not large enough to house this big game. I talked to Alumi of both schools and they said that there would be efforts to move the game to Mobile or Birmingham. I would really love to see what Tuskegee could do in the D-2 playoffs because they were bigger and faster than most d-2 teams that I've seen. I know for a fact the one of their linbackers is a Florida State transfer, and #2 is a transfer from Auburn.

November 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I was at the game today, and the atmosphere was great! Tuskegee has dominated the series for the last 10 years...They dominated this game and could have won it before OT twice!

mikebigg
November 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Not just any D-II team... TURKEY DAY fer gawds sake! Tuskegee is the winningest HBCU of all-time they said on the broadcast.

They have the most total wins... the "winningest" is kinda vague and would have you thinking they have a helluva win percentage...But props to them because they have a good program. That team is normally loaded with D1 transfers and they are well coached by Comegys (who had a successful stint at Central State Ohio --NAIA).

I think they have actually beaten Bama State 4 years running... Oh BTW, the scholarship total for these two teams are really close. Bama State reduced it's scholarships during the time of the LC Cole allegations (which were unfounded). Not making excuses...but trust me, Tuskegee has a lot of talent and is well coached. They couldn't beat Grambling but they are a good team. :)

November 24th, 2005, 06:50 PM
They have the most total wins... the "winningest" is kinda vague and would have you thinking they have a helluva win percentage... They couldn't beat Grambling but they are a good team. :)What's their all-time winning percentage compared to GSU's?

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 06:50 PM
They have the most total wins... the "winningest" is kinda vague and would have you thinking they have a helluva win percentage...But props to them because they have a good program. That team is normally loaded with D1 transfers and they are well coached by Comegys (who had a successful stint at Central State Ohio --NAIA).

I think they have actually beaten Bama State 4 years running... Oh BTW, the scholarship total for these two teams are really close. Bama State reduced it's scholarships during the time of the LC Cole allegations (which were unfounded). Not making excuses...but trust me, Tuskegee has a lot of talent and is well coached. They couldn't beat Grambling but they are a good team. :)

BS........Tuskegee has beaten Bama State like 8 out of the last 10 years. Bama State won the SWAC last year but they lost to Tuskegee. Tuskegee is loaded, just look at the number of wins that they've had in the last 10 years. They might not beat Grambling, but it damn sure wouldn't be a blow out!

McNeese72
November 24th, 2005, 06:55 PM
SHAME ON YOU!

The ASU rb was CLEARLY across the line of scrimmage before he fumbled on the 2 point conversion and it took the officials nearly 3-4 minutes to decide what call to make all while trying to get both teams off of the field. Hell of a football game. All SWAC fans please comment. The Hornets got screwed! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Line of scrimmage? Or do you mean the goal line? I confused. I didn't see the game, what happended?

Doc

November 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Line of scrimmage? Or do you mean the goal line? I confused. I didn't see the game, what happended?OT, Tusk scored on one play and kicked the PAT. ASU scored after a long series and went for the two point win. Their RB fumbled either before or after he crossed the goal line. There were defenders all around him so it was hard for anyone to see definitely. The only clear replay was from behind. Refs said he didn't make it.

Mr. C
November 24th, 2005, 07:08 PM
The officials ruled that Williams, the TB for ASU, fumbled on a potential game winning two-point conversion in OT before he crossed the goal line. Both linesmen got screened on the play and they took several minutes to decide who had won.

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM
They showed it on the news down here in Montgomery, and from what I saw he was in before the fumble. Everyone down here is talking about it! This is going to be talked about for some time! Exspecially since Montgomery is only about 20 minutes from the small town of Tuskegee.

November 24th, 2005, 07:20 PM
The Hornets should have kicked the PAT. They were lined up for it but a Tusk penalty moved it half the distance and ASU decided to go for it all... :coach:

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
The Hornets should have kicked the PAT. They were lined up for it but a Tusk penalty moved it half the distance and ASU decided to go for it all... :coach:

I've heard that at least 60 times today! The folks from ASU are really pissed about the decision to go for 2.

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I've heard that at least 60 times today! The folks from ASU are really pissed about the decision to go for 2.

Well, if you make it, you are a God, if you don't, you are hated

Its worked twice this year in the NFL

Mr. C
November 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Running from the one and a half after the unsportsmanlike penalty on Tuskegee, it wasn't a bad call. Remember the kicker for ASU had a couple of field goal attempts blocked. An extra point was far from a sure thing. And ASU had lost all of its momentum at that point. If the officials had called the play correctly, nobody would have been complaining. They would have been praising the coaches for a gutsy call.

November 24th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I've heard that at least 60 times today! The folks from ASU are really pissed about the decision to go for 2.It was either gutsy or stupid depending on whether they made it. :nod:

November 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
... If the officials had called the play correctly, nobody would have been complaining...says Mr. anti-refs ... xlolx

UAalum72
November 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM
What's their all-time winning percentage compared to GSU's?
Grambling 470-202-16, 69.9%
Tuskegee 568-332-51, 63.1% according to the College Football Data Warehouse (thru last year)

November 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Grambling 470-202-16, 69.9%
Tuskegee 568-332-51, 63.1% according to the College Football Data Warehouse (thru last year)Wow! Grambling has played around 263 less games than Tuskegee??? Baby Tigers!

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM
It was a bold call! I was sitting on ASUs side of the stadium and when the fans realized that ASU was going for two, and I heard so many four letter words! :splat: After the refs called it a fumble, the four letter word got worse and worse! Man, you should have heard Tuskegee's side go crazy after they called it a fumble. The folks from Tuskegee stayed in the stadium at leat 30 minutes after the game partying while the band played on and on........... xprost2x

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 08:11 PM
That guy #2 is supposed to be one of the best defensive backs in the country. ASU really didn't throw at him much, and he made a few big plays.

Here is some info on him from d2football.com:

Overview and Analysis
Durham is a D2football.com Preseason 2nd Team All-American selection but was left off the preseason All-SIAC list. He transferred from Auburn after the 2002 season and since then has kept himself on the NFL radar. He currently carries a PFA grade by most teams and should be an interesting prospect to watch as the season goes on.

2004 Season

Recorded 5 interceptions, one for a touchdown in 2004… Had 11 kick returns for 264 yards which averaged out to 24.0 yards per return… Finished third in SIAC in interceptions and seventh in kick returns last year… Collected 24 tackles and 5 breakups.

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM
TU has 22 D-1 transfers. They are not a regular D-2 team.

The actual number is 14, and 7 of them are from I-AAs.

SU Jag
November 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
The actual number is 14, and 7 of them are from I-AAs.

Hey Tribe, I think one of their transfers is actually from Bama State, I'm not sure but could you check.

November 24th, 2005, 08:43 PM
The actual number is 14, and 7 of them are from I-AAs.Geez it is hard to get slack facts past this AGS crew.

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Hey Tribe, I think one of their transfers is actually from Bama State, I'm not sure but could you check.

That is correct. Corey Hughey, So., LB.

catamount man
November 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the reports from the game SU Jag and good luck to your boys this week against Grambling and in the name of all that is right, give Lee Corso major hell during COLLEGE GAMEDAY's broadcast, or better yet, hold up an "AGS & I-AA RULE!!" sign. HA! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Cocky
November 24th, 2005, 09:26 PM
A free ride to Tuskegee is worth a lot. That is a very expensive school to attend.

November 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
A free ride to Tuskegee is worth a lot. That is a very expensive school to attend.Money to attend a school has sooooooo much to do with football... Tuskegee isn't I-AA anyway.