PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina

ravens
November 24th, 2005, 10:18 AM
A whole season blown on a brain fart....wasn't the call to take the safety?

windwalker
November 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
A whole season blown on a brain fart....wasn't the call to take the safety?

Farts happen....

We are still proud of our team and what they have accomplished so far....

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Farts happened a lot this season but this time it actually stunk up the place.
waa waa

slostang
November 24th, 2005, 03:10 PM
The team that has been built at CCU in such a short time is remarkable. You have laid the foundation to be a top team in I-AA for years to come. Congratulations.

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Quit watching those I-A games. Especially the Minnesota vs Wisconsin game. Same story, only Wisco scored after the brainfart and Minnesota lost. Good Luck next year. :cool:

November 24th, 2005, 09:17 PM
... Especially the Minnesota vs Wisconsin game...Mankato played Whitewater today??? That's not I-AA is it???

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Mankato played Whitewater today??? That's not I-AA is it???

I was meaning to say Coastal must have watched the I-A game a couple weeks ago when Minnesota in a similar situation, had a brainfart on a punt, and Wisco recovered in the endzone. Minnesota as Coastal did, lost.

ravens
November 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
:bang:

I know...but to work so hard all year and to be 10 seconds from making history and the playoffs....seems like a curse that could linger into next year.
Don't know when/if you get a second chance.

Just wish it could have waited to the playoffs if it had to happen.

rokamortis
November 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
We were all pretty bummed - but no use on dwelling on it. Sometimes ***** happens. Could be a curse, could be motivation - I guess we'll find out next year.

ravens
November 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM
We were all pretty bummed - but no use on dwelling on it. Sometimes ***** happens. Could be a curse, could be motivation - I guess we'll find out next year.

I hope motivation but chokes at crucial moments frequently turn out to be the apex not reached again. :confused:

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I'd rather they act like this than bitch and moan like YSU fans

Tod
November 25th, 2005, 12:49 AM
...Whitewater...

C'mon, Ralph, don't bring Clinton into this. This ain't the lounge.

:rolleyes: ;) ;) :D :D :D

November 25th, 2005, 02:10 AM
C'mon, Ralph, don't bring Clinton into this. This ain't the lounge.Uh I was speaking of #1 D-III Wisconsin-Whitewater. :asswhip: They aren't I-AA anyway...why were they brought up?

The Gadfly
November 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I hope motivation but chokes at crucial moments frequently turn out to be the apex not reached again. :confused:

I hate to say it but i agree with you due to our strength of schedule next year (GaSouthern AND Furman), the possibility that we might be in the SoCon soon (2-3 loses), and POSSIBLE recruiting "hick-ups" due to the loss at the hands of our interstate rival Charleston Southern. I'm not saying that we will never get ito the playoffs again but it might be a while before we do. :(

ravens
November 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
xidiotx
I hate to say it but i agree with you due to our strength of schedule next year (GaSouthern AND Furman), the possibility that we might be in the SoCon soon (2-3 loses), and POSSIBLE recruiting "hick-ups" due to the loss at the hands of our interstate rival Charleston Southern. I'm not saying that we will never get ito the playoffs again but it might be a while before we do. :(

Exactly. Don't see a chance for the playoffs next couple years. :asswhip:
An apperance this year would have made us more attractive to the SoCon.
May still get to join but our value went down. :argue: Didn't need to win a playoff game, just to have gotten there.
Why didn't you set a jug of your sweet tea at the back of the endzone?
" Super Safety " will go down in playbook history ! xidiotx

Lapper
November 29th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Coastal just doesn't understand how bad that "mistake/brain fart" set the Sand Hens back. The team had a chance of making the playoffs and just pissed it all away. CLASSIC. xlolx

MarkCCU
November 29th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think we're going to be hearing stories about the Curse of the Player that Can't Stay in Bounds to Run Down the Clock. Instead we'll be hearing stories and speeches saying, "Don't be like Simpson and get pushed outta bounds, take the safety, give em 2 points then kick the ball." As fer the playoffs, maybe a 2 seasons or so we'll get a chance, definetly not in '06, but that is just my opinion. But in all, we gotta keep on truckin' so in a few years Lapper can say "I hate to say it but, you Sand Chickens did well in the playoffs"...or something along them lines. Until then, Stay Classy AGS! :smiley_wi