PDA

View Full Version : UD v. DSU--Four Year Contract?!

ngineer
February 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I think it's been reported elsewhere that the two schools are starting a four year 'gig' beginning this year? Good to see, if true. Who is biting the dust, West Chester?

GannonFan
February 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM
No one this year - UD got "Furmaned" (see definition here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088) - but yes, the contract with West Chester is supposedly over around 2011 or 2012 and it has been very likely that UD does not intend to continue that series any longer. As UD is reluctant to break contracts, they will play it out, but it would appear that UD is going to end the West Chester series.

PantherRob82
February 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
hilarious. could also be "getting the ol Montana" :D

MR. CHICKEN
February 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM
AWK!

DSUrocks07
February 24th, 2009, 10:20 PM
No one this year - UD got "Furmaned" (see definition here: shameless self-promotion by GannonFan (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088))

:p

R3TRO
February 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hey GannonFan... xthumbsupx

xoutofrepx

th0m
February 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM
No one this year - UD got "Furmaned" (see definition here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088)

NICE

bluehenbillk
February 25th, 2009, 07:05 AM
99% of UD fans will not shed a tear when the WCU series is up.

UNHWildCats
February 25th, 2009, 07:25 AM
No one this year - UD got "Furmaned" (see definition here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088) - but yes, the contract with West Chester is supposedly over around 2011 or 2012 and it has been very likely that UD does not intend to continue that series any longer. As UD is reluctant to break contracts, they will play it out, but it would appear that UD is going to end the West Chester series.
it was a four year contract signed... 2009 and then the originally planned 2012-14 series with all four games at Delaware.

DOVER, Del. – Delaware State University and the University of Delaware announced today that they have reached a formal agreement that will result in the scheduling of four future football contests.

In a historic joint announcement made today by DSU acting President Claibourne D. Smith and UD President Patrick T. Harker at Delaware State's Administration Building, the two universities will play a series of games that will take place on Sept. 8, 2012, Sept. 7, 2013 and Sept. 6, 2014. All three games will be played at the University of Delaware's 22,000-seat Delaware Stadium.

The series will kickoff this fall when the two schools will play a scheduled game on Sept. 19, 2009 at Delaware Stadium. The game time and ticket information will be released later this spring.

http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/fb09-delstateseries.html

ChickenMan
February 25th, 2009, 07:54 AM
West Chester might be going.. but Duquesne xeekx is now on UD's 2010 schedule. The Hens had to back out of a November 2010 game at Navy when the CAA began requiring that all OOC games be played early in the season.. so our woeful AD had TWO years to find a decent opponent and Duquesne is the best he can do??? xmadx

Delaware also pitched a 2010 game to Delaware State. UD was forced to drop a November 2010 contest at Navy when the Colonial Athletic Association ordered schools to play all their nonconference games early, creating a September opening. But DSU didn't show adequate interest. Needing to fill the date, Delaware contracted a game with Duquesne.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090225/SPORTS07/902250365

danefan
February 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM
West Chester might be going.. but Duquesne xeekx is now on UD's 2010 schedule. The Hens had to back out of a November 2010 game at Navy when the CAA began requiring that all OOC games be played early in the season.. so our woeful AD had TWO years to find a decent opponent and Duquesne is the best he can do??? xmadx

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090225/SPORTS07/902250365

In 2010, Duquense will be a 25+ scholarship team from an AQ conference. Its not as bad as it seems on paper. I'd expect them to be competitive in the game.

henfan
February 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM
GF, simply the funniest thing I've read on these boards in a while.xthumbsupx

89Hen
February 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Duquesne? First I heard of it (don't go on gohens anymore). At least it's somebody different. I can't recall when the West Chester contract is over. I'm pretty sure it goes through 2010 at least. So that gives the Hens...

2009 - West Chester, Delaware State and @ Navy
2010 - West Chester, South Dakota State and Duquesne xeyebrowx
2011 - South Dakota State, @ Navy
2012 - Delaware State, @ South Dakota State
2013 - Delaware State
2014 - Delaware State

Will be cool to have two brand new opponents in 2010. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
February 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
In 2010, Duquense will be a 25+ scholarship team from an AQ conference. Its not as bad as it seems on paper. I'd expect them to be competitive in the game.

2010 should be a stellar year for the Hens - Devlin will be a senior QB, the defense will also have a few senior standouts. This won't be a repeat of UD/Albany in '06 - it's going to be the wrong year for Duquense to play the Hens. xpeacex

bluehenbillk
February 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
UD is getting killed on gohens for scheduling down to Duquesne. Devlin will shred that team. Can we schedule somebody out of the NE(JV)C for friggin cryin out loud and play some real opponents!! xnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonox

89Hen
February 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
UD is getting killed on gohens
What else is new? This is why I don't go there any more. I think I'd rather talk Hen football on a Lehigh or Villanova board. They treat the team and staff better than our own fans. xnonono2x

danefan
February 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
UD is getting killed on gohens for scheduling down to Duquesne. Devlin will shred that team. Can we schedule somebody out of the NE(JV)C for friggin cryin out loud and play some real opponents!! xnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonox

Man.....talk about fans with short and selective memories.

bluehenbillk
February 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Let us introduce you to Pat Devlin.

danefan
February 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Let us introduce you to Pat Devlin.

I would think UD fans would be a little hestitant to jump on Devlin's bandwagon - especially after what happened last year. But apparently I'm wrong about that.

And I would have loved for Albany to have played UD this year again. We laid a huge egg last year.

Don't forget - we are 1-1 against UD all-time at the Tub.

bluehenbillk
February 25th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Yep, I commented on last years UD-UA game on the other UD thread. Poor gameplan by Albany, even poorer job at making or not making adjustments. You guys actually made RS look good too.

UD fans are extremely positive about Devlin, he's a local guy that people have known about for years & still haven't come down off the cloud that we actually landed him. When we got RS the 1st reaction was "who?".

henfan
February 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
What else is new? This is why I don't go there any more. I think I'd rather talk Hen football on a Lehigh or Villanova board. They treat the team and staff better than our own fans. xnonono2x

Of the decision to schedule DSU, Edgar Johnson admitted that the UD had simply "evolved." God bless their flippers, but evolution is just too much to ask for some of folks over at GoHens.net. They'll have to be yanked out of the muck, gill first.xsmhx

GannonFan
February 25th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Of the decision to schedule DSU, Edgar Johnson admitted that the UD had simply "evolved." God bless their flippers, but evolution is just too much to ask for some of folks over at GoHens.net. They'll have to be yanked out of the muck, gill first.xsmhx

A lot of personalities with some very defined axes to grind over there. But hey, it's a message board and that happens. xpeacex

89Hen
February 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM
A lot of personalities with some very defined axes to grind over there. But hey, it's a message board and that happens. xpeacex
But it's a place where fans are called sheep and bashers are called fans. xcoffeex

grizband
February 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
But it's a place where fans are called sheep and bashers are called fans. xcoffeex
Thus is the issue with may fan message boards, especially those dedicated to one school.

bluehenbillk
February 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
But only 1 or 2 guys ever had posts deleted.......

89Hen
February 25th, 2009, 11:21 AM
But only 1 or 2 guys ever had posts deleted.......
Probably because 99% of the posts there are about football and not tiddies and beer. xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
February 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Probably because 99% of the posts there are about football and not tiddies and beer. xsmiley_wix

Give it time, give it time. xrotatehx

ChickenMan
February 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I would think UD fans would be a little hestitant to jump on Devlin's bandwagon - especially after what happened last year. But apparently I'm wrong about that.

Pat Devlin may not be another Joe Flacco.. but you can bet the rent that he will be a HUGE improvement over the Hen's '08 QB debacle.