PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern TE advised to retire

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
Doctors at the NFL Combine have advised Brian Mandeville to retire due to a heart condition. Hate to hear that about Mandeville. He was a sure fire mid-late round pick before this.

Hoyadestroya85
February 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
yeah this is unfortunate for him, but fortunately they caught it and he didn't play in the NFL with a problem like this. When I think of athletes and heart conditions, hank gathers always comes to mind

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
yeah this is unfortunate for him, but fortunately they caught it and he didn't play in the NFL with a problem like this. When I think of athletes and heart conditions, hank gathers always comes to mind

In today's world the NFL will find injuries. There are FCS players rumored to have certain injuries and if they don't get drafted it is likely due to that.

saint0917
February 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Northeastern University is not exactly a professional football factory. Dan Ross and Sean Jones came through there, but after that, the cupboard's bare.

The Huskies went 2-10 last year, and haven't had a winning season in five years. So when a guy from Northeastern even gets an invite to the combine, it's a big deal ... which, unfortunately, makes this even sadder.

Tight end Brian Mandeville waited and waited for his invite to the combine, and finally, it came. He ventured out to California to prepare at the Velocity Sports Performance Center. And when the time came to show up at the combine and impress everyone, doctors instead told him that he should retire before he even got started.

The sad story of tight end Brian Mandeville (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-sad-story-of-tight-end-Brian-Mandeville?urn=nfl,143293)

Marcus Garvey
February 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Somehow, I just know this is Don Brown and UMass' fault.

:D

ASUG8
February 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
What a shame, but you'd rather catch it now than have something catastrophic happen on the field. Sounds like he's got some non-football options, so I'll wish him the best.

UMass922
March 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
When I think of athletes and heart conditions, hank gathers always comes to mind

And Reggie Lewis, a former Northeastern guy himself.