PDA

View Full Version : I like it ....

gsugt1
November 23rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
No one is giving GSU a chance. The pressure is on TSU. Let see what they can do with the seeded target on thier back. :spank:

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
If they start off as bad as they did against SHSU. That will be the game. They were apparently screwing up under the biggest pressure of all, a win to get in. Now that they are in, they can't buckle under it again...

Only way TxSt wins is if they come out early and put it to GSU...

UNHknowledge
November 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
I'm definitly giving GSU a chance. It seems to me like they've been rolling for the last 6 weeks or so. I will never underestimate GSU or Montana. I'm not gonna make any predictions on this game but it should be a great one.

HPCAT
November 23rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
No one is giving GSU a chance. The pressure is on TSU. Let see what they can do with the seeded target on thier back. :spank:

I don't know where you get than from, from what I have seen most folks are split 50/50.

Although Matt is going with TXST, TSU is in the SWAC and not in the playoffs.

HPCAT
November 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
If they start off as bad as they did against SHSU. That will be the game. They were apparently screwing up under the biggest pressure of all, a win to get in. Now that they are in, they can't buckle under it again...

Only way TxSt wins is if they come out early and put it to GSU...

Wrong again, TT, short memory, I believe we came back in the 4th QTR against a much better defense than GSU in the Nicholls game. :)

I do agree that we can not give up 5 fumbles, 3 in the Red Zone, and hope to be successful, as the GSU offense is heads and shoulders above SHS.

Option teams as a rule are not very good come from behind teams, so an early lead will be very beneficial.

IMHO

Eaglegus2
November 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
I don't know where you get than from, from what I have seen most folks are split 50/50.

Although Matt is going with TXST, TSU is in the SWAC and not in the playoffs.

Texas State University............TSU.

Something wrong? I guess it is the reference to a HBCU that bothers you.

November 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Texas State University............TSU.
Something wrong? I guess it is the reference to a HBCU that bothers you.I guess using the same acronym is okay??? Texas Southern has dibs on TSU in I-AA though Tennessee State uses it too... confusing! BTW, GSU is Grambling. :nod:

AppalachianBabe
November 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Because ASU fans hate GSU!!

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
According to the bill that led to the name change, they are not Texas State University, they are Texas State University - San Marcos. There was a big mess over their name as folks did not want a name that conflicted with TSU and because no one wanted this institution to be referred to as the flagship institution in a system where no such flagship exists, which is why SHSU (the most well known institution outside of the sister school in San Marcos) refers to them as TxSt-San Marcos often. Also, there is a worry that the system will force all nine components to switch names, so we'd be Texas State - Sam Houston. As is, the institution in San Marcos (saying it like that to avoid confusion) asks you refer to them as TxSt-San Marcos on first reference.

They won't get flagship anytime soon. It's a pipe dream that some overzealous students and alumni have had when the Board of Regents and other component schools are against it. Also, we're about to have some system consolidation, so it won't matter soon enough as is. The main reason is our system likes being unique in that each school has their own name, their own legacy. Texas St-San Marcos is just one of two institutions in our system not named after a Texas icon (Sam Houston, Mirabeau Lamar, Sul Ross and please note Stephen F. Austin is in a different system) as is and all the historical folks as we are Texas proud would get pissy if we changed those names.

Most folks don't even know we're all in the same system. It's not like we're Univ of Texas-Arlington, Univ of Texas-San Antonio or A&M-Corpus Christi or A&M-International.

beerkat
November 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
the correct acronym is TSU3 for those who are interested

November 23rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
According to the bill that led to the name change, they are not Texas State University, they are Texas State University - San Marcos...Personally I liked SWT but since the name change they are the only Texas State in I-AA so they are TXST to me (I don't put the SLO behind Cal Poly either etc. for the others).

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 07:23 PM

Anyone who underestimates Ga Southern is in for a world of hurt

JohnStOnge
November 23rd, 2005, 07:33 PM

MAN! NOBODY doesn't think GSU has a chance. If I were forced to bet I'd bet on them. But Texas State does have a lot of talent. They really do.

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2005, 07:37 PM
AH LIKE DUH MAYBERRIES CHANCES.....DEY WILL HOG DUH PIGGY AN' KEEP DUH BOBBERS OFFENSE...ON DUH PINE!.........:eek:...........BRAWK!