PDA

View Full Version : Boone Weather

CytoApp
November 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Already looks like great football weather for the game this weekend up in Boone. Our players were already practicng in the snow :xmas: See www.goasu.com . GOTTA LOVE ASU FOOTBALL!!!

Give'm Hell APPS!!!

LacesOut
November 23rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Do ya think cold weather will really affect any team??? I mean, besides those puddy cats from UNI who play in room temperature conditions.

//ducking from objects thrown by UNI fans......

89Hen
November 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Do ya think cold weather will really affect any team??? I mean, besides those puddy cats from UNI who play in room temperature conditions.
They did seem to be in shock in 2003 in the snow. :nod:

http://www2.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/sports/2003/12/images/120603ud02.jpg

http://www2.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/sports/2003/12/images/120603ud16.jpg

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM

//ducking from objects thrown by UNI fans......

I'd say Colgate... it fuels them.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
They did seem to be in shock in 2003 in the snow. :nod:

http://www2.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/sports/2003/12/images/120603ud02.jpg

http://www2.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/sports/2003/12/images/120603ud16.jpg

Hahaha

AppStateMan
November 23rd, 2005, 04:34 PM
This picture was taken on Tuesday in Kidd Brewer. Yes that is snow....

catamount man
November 23rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Still hoping for snow some year at the Battle for the Old Mountain Jug. It'd be nice to get snowed in with some of those babes from Boone. ;) GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppalachianBabe
November 23rd, 2005, 04:49 PM
Hey, when you can talk to an Appalachian football player you can get all the info! I talk to Trey Elder and he gives me the news for the games and practices!

bcrawf
November 23rd, 2005, 04:49 PM
People convieniently forget that the Delaware team of '03 beat everybody, hot weather, cold weather, monsoon, blizzard they were just that good.

Plus, travel problems had much more to do with us coming out flat, not the snow!

AppalachianBabe
November 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
ASU IS GOING TO RULE 1-AA! lol!

Ronbo
November 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
In San Luis Obispo all week, 66 to 73 degrees and sunny.

In Missoula on Saturday, 25 degrees and snow showers.

They will be in shock!

http://www.havocstunts.com/images/winter_gal.jpg

Eaglegus2
November 23rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
ASU IS GOING TO RULE 1-AA! lol!

You need to learn to rule the SoCon first.

How many SoCon Championships do you have in the last 10 years?

AppStateMan
November 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM

IS GOING TO....we have something started in Boone thats really cooking. Just you wait....

Lets see Georgia Southern.....LOSS to Wofford and oh a LOSS to ASU (24-7) this year?????

AppalachianBabe
November 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
IS GOING TO....we have something started in Boone thats really cooking. Just you wait....

Lets see Georgia Southern.....LOSS to Wofford and oh a LOSS to ASU (24-7) this year?????
Yeah really! poor gsu!

thirdgendin
November 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Some App State fans sure have come out of the woodwork in the past few weeks. It would've been nice to have heard from you guys prior to this month. :p

AppStateMan
November 23rd, 2005, 09:52 PM
Yes thats right, ASU fans are getting excited. Its showing with over 25,000 fans at our last football game!! We are taking over I-AA Football......

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Still hoping for snow some year at the Battle for the Old Mountain Jug. It'd be nice to get snowed in with some of those babes from Boone. ;) GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
I guess you missed the 1995 game in Boone. The day started out 50 degrees and pouring down rain. By the end of the first half, we had seen about every form of precipitation known to man as the temperature plummeted by 20 degrees in a little over an hour, mixed with some nasty wind chills. In thr second half, it was all snow. The wet combined with the cooling temps meant that the guys got soaked and then cold. I was in the WCU locker room afterwards and have never felt as sorry for players as they shivered from the cold.

catamount man
November 24th, 2005, 06:06 AM
I didn't get to make the trip to Boone in '95, but I sure remember the final score, 28-3. Almost as bad 10 years later. :eek: GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Saint3333
November 24th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Nice pic C-Man, how'd WCU get the jug back is it 2010 already...

catamount man
November 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
That is Brad Hoover after the win in Cullowhee in '98. 2010? You meant 2006. :beerchug: xazzx GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Some App State fans sure have come out of the woodwork in the past few weeks. It would've been nice to have heard from you guys prior to this month. :p

sorry bro, I don't really count 13 year olds than only like App cause the backup QB is "hot"

and i'd probably venture to say that 2nd to Montana, we probably have the most fans on here

GoGSU
November 24th, 2005, 08:26 PM
when app comes to statesboro next year, your rule will be over........just like it was last year............and no richie williams to save ya..

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
when app comes to statesboro next year, your rule will be over........just like it was last year............and no richie williams to save ya..

hell, we could have had elder in the game this year and beat ya'll's ass

the D shut you down, so until you beat us, quit with the smack, it makes you look stupid(if the game had been remotely close, i'd be tolerant) xidiotx

Purple Knight
November 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
hell, we could have had elder in the game this year and beat ya'll's ass

the D shut you down, so until you beat us, quit with the smack, it makes you look stupid(if the game had been remotely close, i'd be tolerant) xidiotx

I was going to say 'act like you've been there before', but remembered you haven't.

AppGuy04
November 24th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I was going to say 'act like you've been there before', but remembered you haven't.

you wouldn't see me talking smack if we had gotten beat down, after last year, i don't think any App fans were on here talking **** to GSU fans xidiotx

B&G
November 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM
That is Brad Hoover after the win in Cullowhee in '98. 2010? You meant 2006. :beerchug: xazzx GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Hoover did kick our butts that day. That was a long car ride back to Boone that day.

GreatAppSt
November 25th, 2005, 12:01 AM
sorry bro, I don't really count 13 year olds than only like App cause the backup QB is "hot"

and i'd probably venture to say that 2nd to Montana, we probably have the most fans on here

Blue Hens then GSU then maybe App posters. :confused: The Mcneese contingent could give us a run for our money. Trust me the cowboys are lurking out there, biding time noble in their silence, waiting for a better season. :cool:

AppalachianBabe
November 27th, 2005, 10:50 AM
:mad: Hey, I'm the biggest ASU there is!!! I yelled so loud that my mom told me to shut up! I don't think people like you are ASU fans! haha :mad:

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 10:20 AM

How many play-off games did GSU win THIS year?

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Babes from Boone? Hmm. One Cat with good taste.
Which reminds me. I saw a girl..naah...she was a woman, at the mall the other day with a WCU satin jacket on. Geez, she was a knockout. Of course she could have been an App coed wih her boyfriend's jacket. :cool:

Hansel
November 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM

I would guess Delaware actually has the most active posters, you just can't tell them apart since they all use the same avatar

89Hen
November 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Blue Hens then GSU then maybe App posters. :confused: The Mcneese contingent could give us a run for our money.
You're forgetting Montana. I think they are first followed by UD, GSU, ASU, McNeese and UNI all a pretty close second. However, on this board, if you go back a year, you won't find nearly as many ASU posters. But that's true of any team that missed the playoffs one year and make it and are highly ranked the next. By no means am I calling anyone fairweather fans, but it does happen.

89Hen
November 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I would guess Delaware actually has the most active posters, you just can't tell them apart since they all use the same avatar
Yeah, UNH and Richmond helmets. :p

AppGuy04
November 28th, 2005, 11:30 AM
You're forgetting Montana. I think they are first followed by UD, GSU, ASU, McNeese and UNI all a pretty close second. However, on this board, if you go back a year, you won't find nearly as many ASU posters. But that's true of any team that missed the playoffs one year and make it and are highly ranked the next. By no means am I calling anyone fairweather fans, but it does happen.

actually I think it has more to do with the popularity of this site in general, I didn't even know what this was until about 6 month ago

mainejeff
November 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM
It snows in the South!!!! You gotta be kidding me!! How's that gonna look on TV? Maybe we should think about televising another game that makes I-AA look better on TV. When people see it snowing, they might just change the channel. I can't believe that the NCAA is allowing a game in the snow!

:cool:

Mountaineer
November 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM

Why would anyone want to go thru the pain of being a fairweather ASU fan? ;) If you're gonna jump on a bandwagon there are better choices out there.. xlolx

Not on quite the same level, but being an App fan is akin to rooting for the Cubs. We can manage pretty decent teams and then find a way to screw it up come playoff time. And when things do go well (which tends to make us happy) we get the obligatory "How many SoCon championships, how many national championships have you guys won? :splat:

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM

And vice versa. UD posts are down considerably this year coinciding with the team's performance.

GannonFan
November 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
And vice versa. UD posts are down considerably this year coinciding with the team's performance.

Still plenty of us here, thank you very much. ;)