PDA

View Full Version : Who's going Saturday?

AppGuy04
November 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Just wondering who is actually going to the games this Saturday, being Thanksgiving weekend and all

Might be an easy way to meet up with folks at the game for some food and booze.

I'll be in Boone freezin my arse off :D

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 10:04 AM
May be going to UH-Rice, the "Bayou Bucket". Not a I-AA game, but I am getting in for free. Do you blame me?

grizband
November 23rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Ill be at Wash-Griz, cheering on the Grizzlies. Can't wait for the kickoff.
Saturday's forecast: high of 32, lows in the teens, and scattered snow showers.

ChickenMan
November 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
May be going to UH-Rice, the "Bayou Bucket". Not a I-AA game, but I am getting in for free. Do you blame me?

Rice/Houston over GSU/Texas St... free isn't nearly enough... they should pay you to attend... :D

DTSpider
November 23rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
I'm bringing the whole family down to Hampton.

Appstate03
November 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ill be in Boone, with 5 layers of clothing on

Wellington
November 23rd, 2005, 10:38 AM
Going to Washington-Grizzly, and im going to wear snowboarding clothes =)

89Hen
November 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
We had started a Thanksgiving weekend tradition the last two years of heading to Newark, but the Hens wouldn't comply this year. Closest game for me would be in Hampton (about 3.5 hours) but alas, I'm not that devoted.

Appdad
November 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
ME ME ME

Appstate 03, do you really think 5 layers.

I was hoping a shirt, two sweatshirts and heavy coat would do. Though I may be running around the stadium looking for sunshine. And a push up the stairs if I need it. lol

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
Sounds like I should be back from St. Louis in time to catch the UNI vs. EWU game in the UNI-Dome.

peace

igo4uni

Appstate03
November 23rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
ME ME ME

Appstate 03, do you really think 5 layers.

I was hoping a shirt, two sweatshirts and heavy coat would do. Though I may be running around the stadium looking for sunshine. And a push up the stairs if I need it. lol

I think 4 layers might be good enough, depending on the wind. And goodluck finding some sun. It'll be dropping behind the press box not long after kickoff.

AppGuy04
November 23rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
I think 4 layers might be good enough, depending on the wind. And goodluck finding some sun. It'll be dropping behind the press box not long after kickoff.

part of the reason they moved the kickoff to 2, instead of the usual 3:30

ashram
November 23rd, 2005, 11:05 AM
I wish the game started later than 12:30, but I'll certainly be in Paladin Stadium this Saturday. It'll be a nice, early, cold tailgate.

LacesOut
November 23rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
No.

But my two cousins are leaving today to see tomorrow nights West Virginia/Pitt game (at WVU). They better wear 8 layers of clothes!

txstatebobcat
November 23rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
My wife and I will be heading to San Marcos to cheer on the bobcats.

FUwolfpacker
November 23rd, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'm leaving my grandparents late friday to get back to Furman for the game on Saturday. I imagine I'll be one of the few students at the game this weekend, but I'm certainly not going to miss it.

Appstate03
November 23rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
part of the reason they moved the kickoff to 2, instead of the usual 3:30

the sun will still be gone by the second quarter on the home side.

GGASU
November 23rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
I am traveling from the beach to the mountains for the game. Hopefully we will have a crowd of at least 15,000.

Live4Griz
November 23rd, 2005, 12:36 PM
I'll be heading to Missoula, MT for the Cal Poly vs. Montana game in WA-Griz!!

GO GRIZ!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2005, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping to finagle a playoff game, but this weekend I won't be. However, I'm a lucky dog. I get to see on TV:

The ECACHL championship, or "Hey, Let's Strap on some Skates" Ice Bowl I - Colgate at UNH

Then, in a TiVo Special:

Ice Bowl II - Lafayette at App St.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Can't get to Boone... the Maroon Club travel package is no drop in the bucket for a young guy :( . Sadly I have not heard of any students or young Lafayette alum going, so a carpool is not an option.

I will be watching on Lafayette Sports Network however :)

crunifan
November 23rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
My buddies and I will all be enjoying the 72 degree "weather" inside the UNI-Dome to see the Panthers take on the Eagles.

Appstate03
November 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Can't get to Boone... the Maroon Club travel package is no drop in the bucket for a young guy :( . Sadly I have not heard of any students or young Lafayette alum going, so a carpool is not an option.

I will be watching on Lafayette Sports Network however :)

No one carpooling. Come on!! Don't you have a thumb. Hitchhike and get your butt down here. It's an important game for you guys too.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
No one carpooling. Come on!! Don't you have a thumb. Hitchhike and get your butt down here. It's an important game for you guys too.

Ha, I've had bad luck with that. Sadly many students are front runners (indifferent when they are losing, fanatics when they win) and would rather sit home and eat turkey :mad: , but I suspect that is everywhere. Alas, the problem of being small is the lack of hard core fans. I don't need a hotel, but I don't have truckers' blood!

Grizo406
November 23rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
The Grizo will be at Washington/Grizzly stadium watching the Griz/Cal Poly game this Saturday no matter what the weather is, dressed appropriately, and looking quite studly as he usually does.

AppalachianBabe
November 23rd, 2005, 03:36 PM
I'll be in Boone!!! Cheering For my Appalachian State Mounaineers!

grizbeer
November 23rd, 2005, 04:49 PM
I'll be at WA-Griz with friends and family.

bcrawf
November 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
72 and beautiful in the Dome, I can't WAIT!!!

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
Rice/Houston over GSU/Texas St... free isn't nearly enough... they should pay you to attend... :D

They have been for the last two weeks! :)

GSU/TexSt is in San Marcos. A two hour plus drive from Houston. No reason to bother with it if it's on TV and having to deal with two groups of fans that lack class.

asu70
November 23rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
I'll be in Boone being Loud and Proud backing those APPS!

slostang
November 23rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
I will be a frozen Californian this Saturday at Wash/Griz stadium pulling for the Cal Poly Mustangs. Go Mustang.

SeattleGriz
November 23rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Over the hills and through the woods...and across two state lines. 480 miles from Seattle to Missoula so I can sit 5 rows up on the 40 yard line with my brother and scream til my throat is sore.

Should be an awesome game.

GO GRIZ!!!

AppState09
November 24th, 2005, 12:57 AM
I will also be back in Boone for the game, leaving Raleigh around 8

TheValleyRaider
November 24th, 2005, 09:59 AM
You bet I'll be there with the Colgate Band. Leaving campus Friday afternoon. Hoping for a wild one, capped off with an upset :beerchug:

Reed Rothchild
November 24th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Me, wife, and dad wil be making the trip to the dome.

APPST '93
November 24th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Leaving Charlotte at 9 and will be liquored up by 2. No, I'm not driving...that's one of the reasons God made women. If you went to ASU I don't think you'll need more than 3 layers (under shirt, sweatshirt & North Face).

Pantherpower
November 24th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Me, wife, and dad wil be making the trip to the dome.

Hey Reed,

Just scored a case of Leiny bottles for $9.95 at the Music Station. Will bring 'em over to JC's tailgate on Saturday. Also will be (Friday) deep frying two Turkey's-One marinated in Jamaican Jerk Sauce (no, I'm not having a Jamaican "run a batch" into the fryer) and the other with Cajun sauce and will have plenty to bring.

Hamptongal
November 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Leaving Charlotte at 9 and will be liquored up by 2. No, I'm not driving...that's one of the reasons God made women. If you went to ASU I don't think you'll need more than 3 layers (under shirt, sweatshirt & North Face).
And thus was created Eve, for to driveth Adam around so that he might drinketh much and she could hide his nakedness...I think that's Genesis 3 or so?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Also will be (Friday) deep frying two Turkey's-One marinated in Jamaican Jerk Sauce (no, I'm not having a Jamaican "run a batch" into the fryer) and the other with Cajun sauce and will have plenty to bring.

Jerk Turkey, that's almost enough to make me turn the car West and head for Iowa! xlolx :beerchug:

But car will be heading Northeast toward Durham as planned!! Signs point toward a big SRO crowd (by UNH standards) so I'll be leaving early. :eek:

SeattleGriz
November 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM

A man can't sleep when my wife is driving. As soon as she gets behind the wheel, she starts yawning and saying, "Man am I tired". It scares you into driving. If that doesn't get you, she will ask you six thousand questions like, "am I in the right lane", "is someone over in that lane", "is this the turn". She is behind the wheel, but makes me feel as if I have been driving because I have to tell her everything...I just drive.

catbob
November 25th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I'll be in Missoula watching the Mustang/Griz game. It'll be like watching a retarded dog fighting a fat squirrel... who cares who wins, as long as it is fun to watch. :)

ASU Kep
November 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Leaving ATL in about an hour or two for a wonderful all-nighter up to Boone. Planning ahead = not my strong suit, but I'll be there, somehow, and I'll be loud. Go Mountaineers!!!