PDA

View Full Version : NDSU hires DC and LB coach

bisonguy
February 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Bison hire two football assistant coaches (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/231456/group/home/)

FARGO -- North Dakota State hired two assistant coaches on Wednesday, both of whom sport extensive backgrounds in the West.

Head coach Craig Bohl made it official with former Wyoming defensive coordinator Mike Breske and announced that former University of Nevada coach Charlie Camp will coach the Bison linebackers...........

Green26
February 18th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Breske is very good, and a good guy.

MplsBison
February 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I wonder if this means we're running the 3-4?

Or perhaps the front 7 doesn't really matter all that much, except for what blitz package you run, and the DC does more of the coverage calls?

bisonguy
February 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Seeing the return of the 3-4 defense next year has the same odds as the return of the splitback veer.

Breske might put a twist on the stunt/blitz packages, but that's about it. You'll still see the 4-3 Tampa 2 as the base offense.

ncbears
February 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
How's Breske going to function with out Joe Glenn?? They've been together for a llllllllooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg time.

JBB
February 19th, 2009, 12:52 AM
He will work with Coach Bohl. Joe Glenn had a good football team last year. Not much compared to the FBS but national championship caliber compared to FCS. Breske was a large part of that.

He is a good judge of talent, speaks to recruiting, and he is a good coach.

JMU Newbill
February 19th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I post that JMU hires a new DC.... no replys. Its amazing how much more "spirit" other schools show on these boards. I'm beginning to think JMU grads that post on these message boards really don't reflect JMU alumni overall.

Congrats to NDSU on the new hires.... hopefully they work out well for you!

bisonguy
February 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Some of the chatter here is due to the new DC, Breske, having coached at Northern Colorado and Montana (and winning championships at both schools xthumbsupx).

Gil Dobie
February 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Already looking forward to next season xthumbsupx

Season tickets due 4/1

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Cannot wait for 09

Defense should be very good

Renewed my season tixxthumbsupx