PDA

View Full Version : CCU vs FU in 2006?

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 08:58 AM
Intrastate rivalry? -- Furman has been negotiating to play Coastal next season, Furman athletics director Gary Clark said.
"There's no reason for it not to work out, but we don't have the contract in hand," Clark said Tuesday. "We've agreed on an Oct. 7 date at Coastal."

The series would continue in 2007 in Greenville, he said.

Coastal finished 9-2 this season but didn't make the I-AA playoffs. The school is ranked No. 20 in the Sports Network national poll.

Furman's 2006 football schedule is being finalized. In addition to Southern Conference games, Furman has a Jacksonville State matchup planned in Greenville (the Paladins beat the Division I-AA school in Alabama in this year's opener) and a road game at the University of North Carolina.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051123/SPORTS0103/511230352/1027

Looks like we may be beach bound next year :)

The Gadfly
November 23rd, 2005, 09:13 AM
I'll have the Southern Sweet Tea and Chicken Bog ready for ya :D :nod:

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
I'll have the Southern Sweet Tea and Chicken Bog ready for ya :D :nod:

Sounds good to me. :D But what is Chicken Bog? :confused:

AppGuy04
November 23rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
so that would be 2 losses right off the bat, GSU and FU

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
But what is Chicken Bog? :confused:

WHAT? I can't believe my upstate friend has never had the low country delicacy. Some call it perlot. Similar to jambalaya but is chicken, sausage, and rice. Very good stuff.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM

Why the negativity? You just live to piss on our threads or what? Yeah we may lose but so what?

AppGuy04
November 23rd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Why the negativity? You just live to piss on our threads or what? Yeah we may lose but so what?

I'm just messin, forgot the ;)

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
I'm just messin, forgot the ;)

Oh ok. In that case

FU too ;)

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM

Hey buddy, 2005 is over for CCU, Let's keep this one for discussion purposes.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :)

And I meant buddy as in friend :)

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
WHAT? I can't believe my upstate friend has never had the low country delicacy. Some call it perlot. Similar to jambalaya but is chicken, sausage, and rice. Very good stuff.

Interesting, I have had Low Country Boil many many times. Also, Oyster Dressing around Christmas time is one of my favorites. But never Chicken Bog.

PS, Sweet Ice tea is a wonderful Jack Daniels chaser. :D

Coastal89
November 23rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Interesting, I have had Low Country Boil many many times. Also, Oyster Dressing around Christmas time is one of my favorites. But never Chicken Bog.

A low Country favorite, Chicken Bog.
There are as many different recipes for this dish as there are people in South Carolina so here's mine. It will feed around 25 people.

1lb. Jesse Jones Sage sausage
2 large yellow onions coursely chopped
4 small onions chopped
6lbs boneless chicken breast and thighs cut into small pieces
2lbs smoked sausage cut into slices
6tsp salt
pepper to taste
garlic powder
parsley flakes
2tsp greek seasoning
9 cups rice
18 cups water

start by browning the 1lb breakfast sausage with the onions, next add chicken and smoked sausage. Cook until meat is done add rice and water along with seasonings and cover tightly for 20 min on low heat. Do not remove the lid during this time or the rice will not cook properly.

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
A low Country favorite, Chicken Bog.
There are as many different recipes for this dish as there are people in South Carolina so here's mine. It will feed around 25 people.

1lb. Jesse Jones Sage sausage
2 large yellow onions coursely chopped
4 small onions chopped
6lbs boneless chicken breast and thighs cut into small pieces
2lbs smoked sausage cut into slices
6tsp salt
pepper to taste
garlic powder
parsley flakes
2tsp greek seasoning
9 cups rice
18 cups water

start by browning the 1lb breakfast sausage with the onions, next add chicken and smoked sausage. Cook until meat is done add rice and water along with seasonings and cover tightly for 20 min on low heat. Do not remove the lid during this time or the rice will not cook properly.

Sounds wonderful. Let's hope they get the contract done.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Sounds wonderful. Let's hope they get the contract done.

Bennett said it was in the mail.

windwalker
November 23rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Intrastate rivalry?

Looks like we may be beach bound next year :)

If y'all can get a group to come down on Friday, we might also try to get a golf outing going...

OL FU
November 23rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
If y'all can get a group to come down on Friday, we might also try to get a golf outing going...

The closest I have been to a golf course in 20 years is a Golden Tee machine :eek:

MarkCCU
November 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM

Chicken Bog and that Southern Sweet Tea...gotta love the south. I got to give it up to the Gadfly for teaching me how to make the Tea properly.

Back to foosball, FU? Damn, those would be two fun games to see.

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
That would really show some stuff from the heads of CCU to schedule FU and GSU early in the season.

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2005, 01:31 PM
OL FU- I actually wrote a freshmen bull***** paper on the history of chicken bog. It was perlot when the ousted French Haitians (actually their slaves that came with them) brought the recipe to Georgetown. From there the English took the recipe up the Pee Dee River and called it Chicken Bog because their slaves seemed to over cook (steamed) the rice giving it a sticky consistancy. Perlot's rice is not sticky. Also the recipe that I use is from a restaurant in the Pee Dee region that uses ham hock. mmm mmm good! As for the Southern Sweet Tea, aka Chancey's Brew, consist of my secret syrup, Southern Comfort, lemons and Aqua. xprost2x

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Chicken Bog and that Southern Sweet Tea...gotta love the south. I got to give it up to the Gadfly for teaching me how to make the Tea properly.

Ask your surga pie how she liked the BAWG. Take care of that recipe. Only Coca-Cola has a more guarded recipe.

ravens
November 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Gadfly,

You weren't letting the team sip your Sweet Tea in anticipation of the playoffs were you? That might explain the I-AA play of the season..naw had he drank enough of the tea he would have been able to fall down and go to the playoffs.

Hope that CCU-FU game firms up..bog, tea and golf sounds good.

GSU Eagle
November 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Won't that be 5 SoCon schools on Coastal's schedule next year. Why won't the conference go ahead and invite them into the league? It would make for a good 8 game conference schedule every year-- 4 home and 4 away.

By the way you guys messed up us getting a home game ;) If you guys had beaten Char. Southern it is believed we (GSU) would have hosted you guys instead of making this cross country trip to Texas Saturday.

Anyway I have consistently been an advocate of Coastal being brought into the SoCon. I think it is a matter of time-- hopefully not a long time.

Coastal89
November 24th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Only 4 SoCon schools next year.
GSU
Furman
Wofford
Elon

MarkCCU
November 26th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Ask your surga pie how she liked the BAWG. Take care of that recipe. Only Coca-Cola has a more guarded recipe.

You cooked Megan BAWG?

Lapper
November 29th, 2005, 12:28 PM
With Coastal's schedule next year don't expect less than 3, maybe 4 L's Sand Poultry: Woffy, GSU, and the Purple People Eaters (maybe throw in another "big" South loss). :twocents:

OL FU
November 29th, 2005, 12:36 PM
OL FU- I actually wrote a freshmen bull***** paper on the history of chicken bog. It was perlot when the ousted French Haitians (actually their slaves that came with them) brought the recipe to Georgetown. From there the English took the recipe up the Pee Dee River and called it Chicken Bog because their slaves seemed to over cook (steamed) the rice giving it a sticky consistancy. Perlot's rice is not sticky. Also the recipe that I use is from a restaurant in the Pee Dee region that uses ham hock. mmm mmm good! As for the Southern Sweet Tea, aka Chancey's Brew, consist of my secret syrup, Southern Comfort, lemons and Aqua. xprost2x

I'm there :hurray:

ucdtim17
November 29th, 2005, 01:29 PM
UCD talking with Furman for a game next year, per Davis Enterprise article:

UCD’s 2006 schedule has two holes left to fill, and the Aggies are looking for home games for both those slots. UCD has home games against Eastern Washington (Sept. 9), Southern Utah (Oct. 21), North Dakota State (Nov. 4) and Sacramento State (Nov. 18).

Among the schools mentioned as possibilities to fill those dates are Dartmouth of the Ivy League, San Diego, Furman and Southern Illinois. The Aggies would consider bringing in a Division II team as well, though there is not much interest from that pool of opponents.

“Not a lot of Division II teams want to play us,” Warzecka said.

The five road games are Northern Colorado (Sept. 2), San Jose State (Sept. 16), Cal Poly (Oct. 14), South Dakota (Oct. 28) and Montana State (Nov. 11).

OL FU
November 29th, 2005, 01:35 PM
UCD talking with Furman for a game next year, per Davis Enterprise article:

UCD’s 2006 schedule has two holes left to fill, and the Aggies are looking for home games for both those slots. UCD has home games against Eastern Washington (Sept. 9), Southern Utah (Oct. 21), North Dakota State (Nov. 4) and Sacramento State (Nov. 18).

Among the schools mentioned as possibilities to fill those dates are Dartmouth of the Ivy League, San Diego, Furman and Southern Illinois. The Aggies would consider bringing in a Division II team as well, though there is not much interest from that pool of opponents.

“Not a lot of Division II teams want to play us,” Warzecka said.

The five road games are Northern Colorado (Sept. 2), San Jose State (Sept. 16), Cal Poly (Oct. 14), South Dakota (Oct. 28) and Montana State (Nov. 11).

Guess we would spend our Tarheel money on travel expenses. That would be cool. I cannot remember if the trip to Hofstra is 2006 or 2007. If it is 2006, we are now fully booked. JSU - home, UNC and CCU - away. and maybe Hofstra (away)

MarkCCU
November 29th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Wofford-L
GSU-L
FU-L
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN-W
Other Teams-W

That's my prediction for 2006. Charleston Southern will come to Hooters Stadium, wanting to upset us, but losing thier 3 good players, and us losing some freshman, it'll be a tough game but nobody will want to have happened what happened a few weeks ago.

B&G
November 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I know SCSU thinks they have a rivalry with Coastal. Their fans thought this year's game was gonna be a walkover... I made quite a bit of money by taking Coastal in that game.

MarkCCU
November 29th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I know SCSU thinks they have a rivalry with Coastal. Their fans thought this year's game was gonna be a walkover... I made quite a bit of money by taking Coastal in that game.

xcoffeex :confused: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx
My boss went to SCSU and I don't see why they think we have this rivalry.

youwouldno
November 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Hofstra is 2007. We have CCU and UNC for 2006 so I imagine we want 2 home games if possible.