PDA

View Full Version : appstate injuries already?

DLS
February 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
rumor running around that there have been some injuries. . . . .

"AE came back too soon and hurt the knee a little. Is going thru rehab again. C. Marshall had meniscus surgery, is doing well. Lewis and Bennett had surgery but did not find out what.N. Sloan and C. Harris may not play again for physical reasons. Jorden broke collarbone in workouts. Others that had surgery are doing well."

rumor, but yet to be contested.

anyone have more info?

PhoenixPhan06
February 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Waiting for the AE injury blame to be passed off on Elon

DLS
February 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Waiting for the AE injury blame to be passed off on Elon

for real i wish someone had highlight of those ridiculous late hits. xbawlingx

GATA
February 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Let's be serious...it probably was Elon.

I only say that because the first team I blame is usually Western Carolina. It's well known that they're the dirtiest bastards in the league...BY FAR!

But considering that AE did not play a single snap against Western Carolina because Elon *****ed him up...it couldn't have been the Catamounts this time.

PhoenixPhan06
February 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm sure you can find one in Smack Talk under the Elon Accounts Payable Thread

PhoenixPhan06
February 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
rumor running around that there have been some injuries. . . . .

"AE came back too soon and hurt the knee a little. Is going thru rehab again. C. Marshall had meniscus surgery, is doing well. Lewis and Bennett had surgery but did not find out what.N. Sloan and C. Harris may not play again for physical reasons. Jorden broke collarbone in workouts. Others that had surgery are doing well."

rumor, but yet to be contested.

anyone have more info?

If the knee injury can be isolated to hits sustained only in the Elon game from the '08 season, then we can't get any blame from him coming back too soon. After all, its February! Whats the rush? Another month or two of rehab would still put him on schedule for spring ball and worst case scenario back in time for summer workouts.

If he did infact re-injure his knee from coming back too soon, the ASU trainers got some 'splainin to do!

DLS
February 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
the one i really hate to see is ben jorden's broken collar bone. that hurts.

PhoenixPhan06
February 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Is he a WR or TE?

DLS
February 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
TE

PhoenixPhan06
February 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah that'll be a tough one to come back from. He can always red-shirt though.

Skjellyfetti
February 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Malcom Bennett having knee surgery is old news. He had it the same day as Armanti. Is the rumor that he needed more surgery?

If Armanti reinjured his knee it is not very significant. I saw him on campus today and he looked to be walking around fine. I'm not surprised if he is still rehabbing it though, so that part of the rumor is probably true.

Corbett Harris had surgery with Bennett and Armanti... I find it hard to believe his injury was career ending... but, I don't know anything about him.

I also have no idea about Jorden.

But, these are just rumors, no reason to spread them or freak out about them until they are confirmed.

blueballs
February 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I don't know why App would risk running Edwards through spring practice after the surgery anyway. Goodness sakes, he's only played about 40 games quite successfully in the system.

If I was in charge I'd rehab the heck out of him, make him come to practice in the spring and mentor the other QB's and receivers, and make sure he's ready to roll come August... after all, he's the franchise player.

Skjellyfetti
February 17th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I don't know why App would risk running Edwards through spring practice after the surgery anyway. Goodness sakes, he's only played about 40 games quite successfully in the system.

If I was in charge I'd rehab the heck out of him, make him come to practice in the spring and mentor the other QB's and receivers, and make sure he's ready to roll come August... after all, he's the franchise player.

According to this the plan was to have him participate to some degree in Spring practices... but that DeAndre Presley would get the majority of the snaps with the first team O.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=3655815

I'm assuming this is still the plan and he has not significantly reinjured himself until I hear it reported differently:

ericsaid
February 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
According to this the plan was to have him participate to some degree in Spring practices... but that DeAndre Presley would get the majority of the snaps with the first team O.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=3655815

I'm assuming this is still the plan and he has not significantly reinjured himself until I hear it reported differently:

If you looked at the date of when that article would written you could see that is old news. Since that article is 4 weeks old i'd say it's plausible.