PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Recruiting Ratings - Fordham

carney2
February 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
FORDHAM = 35

QUALITY = 5: Only 4 rated recruits (17% of the recruiting class) vs. 11 (42%) in 2008 and 7 (27%) in 2007. Only one recruit merited a star from either recruiting service.

CLASS SIZE = 4: 23 recruits vs. 26 in both 2007 and 2008.

DISTRIBUTION = 8: No TE. Four recruits were listed with 2 position designations (RB/DB, OL/DL, etc.) The Committee gave the benefit of the doubt here and assigned positions to maximize the number of Patsy Points awarded.

SPEED = 9: The usual caveat in that The Committee could only get information on a limited number of prospects.

TRIGGER = 0: 3 QBs; none rated.

JUMBO = 3: 3 OLs, 1 at 270+; 5 DLs, 2 @ 250+

NEEDS = 6:

QB = 2 (of 5): 3 recruits; none rated. No obvious reason to suspect that a Skelton quality successor is in this group.
DL = 2 (of 4): 5 recruits; one rated. The Committee considers the 310 lb. recruit, listed as OL/DL, as probably better suited to the OL than the DL and did not consider him here. 2 of the recruits are certainly big enough to play in the PL, but 2 of the other 3, at 210, are highly questionable.
DB = 2 (of 3): 4 recruits (The Committee used the recruit designated as RB/DB as a RB to fill the void in Distribution (see above). You can’t have it both ways.); none rated. Hopefully there is a diamond or two in this unrated pile.

THE COMMITTEE’S ADJUSTMENTS = 0

The Committee desperately wanted to bump the Rams’ Total Patsy Points up a little if, for no other reason, than to prove our old friend Fordham to be a Chicken Little. Unfortunately, we could find no valid reason to either add or subtract Patsy Points.

So far we have:

1. 55 - Lafayette
2. 35 - Fordham

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Two observations:

1) If Fordham now leaves the Patriot League, be it known that your Patsy ratings are the main cause of that happening.

2) If Delaware's Lou Rittaccio is indeed transferring to Fordham but has to sit out a year, how does that affect the Patsy ratings, if at all? Normally the Patsy rating wouldn't be greatly affected one way or another by transfers since we get so few of them, but this could potentially be a big swing (and be that "triggerman" that Fordham lost Patsy points for this year).

carney2
February 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Two observations:

1) If Fordham now leaves the Patriot League, be it known that your Patsy ratings are the main cause of that happening.

2) If Delaware's Lou Rittaccio is indeed transferring to Fordham but has to sit out a year, how does that affect the Patsy ratings, if at all? Normally the Patsy rating wouldn't be greatly affected one way or another by transfers since we get so few of them, but this could potentially be a big swing (and be that "triggerman" that Fordham lost Patsy points for this year).

1) The burden of a schlock rating system weighs heavily, and The Committee reluctantly accepts shared responsibility (along with the Ivy wannabe PL brain trust who devised the Machiavellian, if not Draconian, Academic Index) for this unintended consequence.

2) As you point out, Patriot League schools get very few football transfers. The Committee has, however, given this some consideration over the years and has decided that

It is not the intent of the Patsy Ratings to rate every undergraduate who shows up for football practice. Our intent is simple: to rate the incoming freshman class of football recruits. Since transfers are not part of that incoming freshman class, and were, in fact, part of some previous freshman class at another institution, they will be disregarded for purposes of this rating system.

RichH2
February 16th, 2009, 01:41 PM
While I have been a bit sarcastic and will continue to be so over Rams hysteria about the AI, hard to pre-judge this class given the lack of info. AS not all of the best PL athletes are even rated, I hope the Rams do not start jumping off bridges or out of the PL.

Fordham
February 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
no shock here. Don't want to disaparage any of these kids as well and I hold out hope that it will be a great and productive group. It unfortunately does dovetail with what I was told would be the fallout from the new AI rules.

1. LFN - any word on Rittaccio? I haven't heard anything about him from Fordham and am wondering if this is still likely to happen or not.

2. Rich - not sure I follow. Sentence 1 reads to me at the start like an acknowledgement that the AI appears to have had a negative impact but the rest of it looks like you're not sure or are at least advocating waiting to judge. Did I understand that right?

RichH2
February 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Patsy ratings are great fun for which we must all thankCarney. Whether they are a serious measure of a class remains to be seen. That is my point for the Ram fans , I do not think the AI floor will hurt your recruiting as much as some believe it will. My Dad went to Fordham and I do think Fordham has much to offer potential recruits other than a slightly lower admission standard for some athletes. Certainly for a few possible recruits that FU might have considered the AI floor will bar consideation. There are still the rest of the pool from which the PL can draw. Of course that brings up the scholarship issue which all of us wish would be resolved.I would not hold my breath. Likewise the economy will impact all of us to some degree. I am more afraid that the PL will let all of us slip off the national scene. Now that the AI is done, all of us are on fairly even field. The real danger is not that Fordham will slip to the bottom of the PL, but rather that the PL will slip to bottom of our division