February 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I'll throw my thoughts on this out there

Sat, Sep 05 Louisville at Louisville, Ky. TBA ----L

Sat, Sep 12 Eastern Illinois Memorial Stadium TBA ----L

Sat, Sep 19 South Dakota State * at Brookings, S.D. TBA ----L

Sat, Sep 26 Youngstown State * Memorial Stadium TBA ----L

Sat, Oct 03 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA ----L

Sat, Oct 17 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA Homecoming ----L

Sat, Oct 24 Western Illinois * Memorial Stadium TBA ----W (YOU READ IT RIGHT)

Sat, Oct 31 Southern Illinois * Memorial Stadium TBA ----L

Sat, Nov 07 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA ----W (2 THIS SEASON)

Sat, Nov 14 North Dakota State * Memorial Stadium TBA ----L (but it could be close

I have 2 wins for ISUb this year. I was tempted to throw them a bone with EIU or ISUr, but I didn't think they would get those pulled off.

Either way, I see this finally being the season

isutom
February 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
dgreco....i guess i should have put on it...tentative 2009 schedule....but that's all i got....lol....

leatherneck177
February 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Sat, Nov 14 North Dakota State * Memorial Stadium TBA ----L (but it could be close

I have 2 wins for ISUb this year. I was tempted to throw them a bone with EIU or ISUr, but I didn't think they would get those pulled off.

Please stop! While there have been some tight games with the Trees, it is not going to happen this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe Delaware will be their 11th opponent.

Hoyadestroya85
February 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I have a great deal of respect for anyone who can go to an Indiana State game... I hope for the players sake they start winning a game or two a season

BearsCountry
February 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Bears wont lose to Indiana State in Springfield.

MplsBison
February 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM

They go winless next season, with the economy we have, you could definately see some ISU admin throwing around non-scholarship or dropping the program.

isutom
February 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM
won't happen....athletic administration and new university president are already earmarmking money to the program...they just built a new state of the art office complex on campus....have plans to build a new on-campus stadium....and are in the process of beginning some remodeling of the current stadium.

MplsBison
February 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
won't happen....athletic administration and new university president are already earmarmking money to the program...they just built a new state of the art office complex on campus....have plans to build a new on-campus stadium....and are in the process of beginning some remodeling of the current stadium.

The article quoted on the new offices says that ISU had some vacent office space in the basement of one of the buildings and they let the football team use it.

Then someone donated $10k for new carpet.

Why would you try to pass that off as "they just built a new state of the art office complex on campus"?

That's pretty dishonest.

Plans for a new stadium or dreams? Plans, in my opinion, would be a feasibility study and a graphical rendering of the stadium plan.

I'm assuming those haven't been done.

"In the process of beginning". What does that mean?

isutom
February 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM
office space has been tight on the isu campus, but this area had been unused. compared to what isu had before, it's a large undertaking. you have to know what they had as compared to what they now have done.

they have gone from having one smaller office area (small offices for the assistants and head coach, a small reception area, a small coach's film room, a small computer room) located in corner of the isu arena to now having an entire floor of offices, meeting rooms, film rooms, a player's lounge and a study area. the new carpet is going into the lounge area, where there will also be several large televisions and couches/chairs.

if administrators were going to disband the program, they wouldn't be sinking as much money as they are into their new offices, new turf at memorial stadium, new locker rooms at memorial stadium and remodeled press box. visiting teams will be given isu's older locker room area.

as for a new on-campus stadium, the new university president and the school's athletic director have proposed a multi-purpose facility. the president and athletic director both really like football and have expressed an interest in seeing it succeed.

the university president has made his proposal to campus groups and have received strong support. they have said that tax money will not be used in the building of a new stadium, that all monies must come from business sponsorships and fund raising efforts.

also, an isu football alumni group has been organized in the last year to help in fund-raising efforts and to help in identifying potential recruits from across the country.

now i know that to some schools and their supporters, what i am saying may sound like so much chatter. but to have been a supporter of the indiana state program for over 30 years like i have and to see and hear what's happening now is a god-send.

the football program has been like a poor step-child to the rest of the athletic department since the late 1980s. back to back trips to the i-aa playoffs in 1983 and 1984 (plus a top five national ranking each season and a near win over the university of florida in 1983) were not allowed to build tradition doe to massive budget cuts by former athletic administrations.

MplsBison
February 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
office space has been tight on the isu campus, but this area had been unused. compared to what isu had before, it's a large undertaking. you have to know what they had as compared to what they now have done.

they have gone from having one smaller office area (small offices for the assistants and head coach, a small reception area, a small coach's film room, a small computer room) located in corner of the isu arena to now having an entire floor of offices, meeting rooms, film rooms, a player's lounge and a study area. the new carpet is going into the lounge area, where there will also be several large televisions and couches/chairs.

if administrators were going to disband the program, they wouldn't be sinking as much money as they are into their new offices, new turf at memorial stadium, new locker rooms at memorial stadium and remodeled press box. visiting teams will be given isu's older locker room area.

as for a new on-campus stadium, the new university president and the school's athletic director have proposed a multi-purpose facility. the president and athletic director both really like football and have expressed an interest in seeing it succeed.

the university president has made his proposal to campus groups and have received strong support. they have said that tax money will not be used in the building of a new stadium, that all monies must come from business sponsorships and fund raising efforts.

also, an isu football alumni group has been organized in the last year to help in fund-raising efforts and to help in identifying potential recruits from across the country.

now i know that to some schools and their supporters, what i am saying may sound like so much chatter. but to have been a supporter of the indiana state program for over 30 years like i have and to see and hear what's happening now is a god-send.

the football program has been like a poor step-child to the rest of the athletic department since the late 1980s. back to back trips to the i-aa playoffs in 1983 and 1984 (plus a top five national ranking each season and a near win over the university of florida in 1983) were not allowed to build tradition doe to massive budget cuts by former athletic administrations.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

I simply question the university's commitment thus far. Sounds more like plans rather than action.

Like for example the new offices. What did the university itself really pitch in? They let the football team use the unoccupied office space. What other effort did the school actually put forth? Someone private paid for the new carpet, correct?

It's easy for admin to come in and say they have grand plans, the real deal are the admin who can get it done.

I wonder if the ISU admin have given thought to the possibility of dropping down to the Pioneer conference until football can get going in the right direction? You'd have a natural game with Butler and Valpo.

The program needs wins more than anything.

A program that doesn't win any games is too easy of a target when budgets need to be trimmed.

BearsCountry
February 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Just dont pay attention to him. He wants Indiana State gone so North Dakota can be in the MVC.

MplsBison
February 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Just dont pay attention to him. He wants Indiana State gone so North Dakota can be in the MVC.

Figures the anti-dakotas guy would chime in with nothing to add.

Troll.

MSUBear42
February 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Bears wont lose to Indiana State in Springfield.

If they do, I'm officially switching over to Mizzou xlolxxlolxxlolx

isutom
February 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
indiana state officials have announced today the building of a new baseball stadium on campus. it will be built where the current baseball facility is.

NEW: ISU to build new baseball stadium

By Todd Golden
The Tribune-Star

CARBONDALE, ILL. — Indiana State starts its baseball season later this week. If all goes according to plan, this will be the last year ISU calls Sycamore Field home in its current incarnation.

ISU plans to tear down the current Sycamore Field and build a new baseball stadium on the same site. If everything is built as planned, the stadium will feature 1,500 chairback seats and bleacher seating that will raise capacity from 2,000 to 2,500 seats.

""When I came here [in 2005], our first priority was to get some of the personnel issues in shape. The second priority was facilities," ISU Director of Athletics Ron Prettyman said from courtside at SIU Arena in Carbondale, Ill., where he was attending the ISU-Southern Illinois men's basketball game. "We did the weight room, we did some things in Hulman Center, we resurfaced the track and the tennis courts, now it's time to look at our larger facilities."

The stadium will also have locker room facilities and the possibility of batting cages.

"We feel the time is right. The plans are in the process right now. We can't go into detail, but we are confident there's going to be a dramatic facelift to the facility," Prettyman said.

Prettyman also said the new stadium greatly increases the likelihood of a minor league baseball team moving or starting a franchise in Terre Haute. The Frontier League and the Central Illinois College League -- soon to be renamed the Prospects League -- have both shown in an interest in putting a franchise in Terre Haute.

Prettyman said the stadium could increase the visibility of Terre Haute as the facility could host collegiate baseball tournaments, high school playoffs, summer league tournaments, and possibly, the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, which Prettyman said he intends to bid on should the stadium be built.

"This facility is not only attractive to Indiana State University, but to Terre Haute too. We want our city to embrace this whole thing and see it as an opportunity for family entertainment and involvement," Prettyman said. "I'm really confident with the leadership we have in place and a facility coming in 2010, we're going to be a player in the Missouri Valley Conference and in the NCAA Tournament."

The new stadium will cost between $1.5 million and $2 million, depending on budgetary factors, according to Prettyman. The cost of the stadium will be funded via the ISU Foundation and private donations.

"The Foundation is very involved and they're working with us to identify donors. This is a priority for them. They see this is as an improvement to the campus and its facilities. They see it as a very valuable part of their objectives," Prettyman said.

The new stadium does not yet have a name. Prettyman said the university and ISU Foundation are exploring the possibility of seeking naming rights.

Prettyman also said that the women's soccer team will move its home games to Memorial Stadium. Prettyman said the baseball stadium should not affect other facility projects that are projected or planned.

as for only plans for a new football stadium, the university president was hired in august, started in september and spoke to campus groups about building an on-campus football stadium in november.

give the university president and the athletic director a chance. the ad has only been on board for a relatively short time as well. they have already improved the track facility and the tennis courts. they have remodeled the weight room on campus.

plans are all they have right now. but this idea of building an on-campus stadium just came a few months ago.

as for dropping down to the pioneer league, won't happen either. at one time, about 10 years ago, isu officials thought about dropping down to non-scholarship football and playing the likes of valparaiso, butler, dayton and drake.

all of those schools told isu officials that they would not play indiana state since isu is a state school and has a larger overall enrollment. so it made no sense to drop down and play those schools. isu remained at the scholarship i-aa level.

MplsBison
February 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
How do you read this:

Prettyman said the stadium could increase the visibility of Terre Haute as the facility could host collegiate baseball tournaments, high school playoffs, summer league tournaments, and possibly, the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, which Prettyman said he intends to bid on should the stadium be built.

And then pronounce that a new stadium will be built?

I'm glad that you're so supportive of ISU athletics, but at least try to remain objective.

If the Pioneer is out of the question, then I have to believe ISU's admin will look at dropping football should the team suffer another winless season.

You can still build the multi-purpose stadium for soccer, etc.

The MVC has shown that it is willing to hang onto schools like Evansville that don't sponsor football.

isutom
February 18th, 2009, 10:02 PM
well excuse me mr. bison. i wish we were all as smart as you are. lol.

i just told you what is going on at indiana state, whether you choose to believe it is up to you.

i have been honest. a new baseball stadium is going to be built. a new football stadium is in the planning stages.