PDA

View Full Version : Next Rodney landers?

Ronbo
February 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
We have a QB named Gerald Kemp aka G-Money who will be a redshirt freshman this coming season. Take a gander.

6'3" 210 lbs 4.5 speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtKsGSMg20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjKkzLiUuk

JmuSkinsfan
February 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Interesting. He sure has the size . . . and give him a couple more years in the weight room and by the time he's a junior he could be a beast.

I'd like to think the next Rodney Landers would be Drew Dudzik followed by Justin Thorpe at JMU though ;)

Chi-towngrizzly
February 16th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Has there ever been a more impressive permormance by an unproven backup in the history of the playoffs?

Dude came in and made Sportscenter.

I'm high on Kemp though. We'll have to see which direction Hauck takes on the QB front.

Doesn't Bobby usually have a QB that he uses for option packages ala Sampson, Berquist in '06, Larson a few times etc?

Unless Selle really sucks/gets hurt I wonder if we might still be a couple years from seeing GK as the starter.

JMU Newbill
February 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Has there ever been a more impressive permormance by an unproven backup in the history of the playoffs?

I'm high on Kemp though. We'll have to see which direction Hauck takes on the QB front.

Doesn't Bobby usually have a QB that he uses for option packages ala Sampson, Berquist in '06, Larson a few times etc?

Unless Selle really sucks/gets hurt I wonder if we might still be a couple years from seeing GK as the starter.

Possibly.... but Rodney only had 2 full years as the starter. You can do a lot in 2 years.

Eagle22
February 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM

I don't know how 'unproven' Johnny Edwards was, but his performance in the National Championship game in 2000 after Drew Miller got hurt, was very impressive.

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Having known Andrew Selle since we were in middle school, I sure hope he does well, but if Kemp does a better job it's not like I'll be bitter. :pxnodx

JmuSkinsfan
February 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Dudzik is a stud. He has an arm on him too. The thought that rFr Justin THorpe could take his job this spring is ridiculous to think. But if true, that's not a bad problem to have!

bpcats
February 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Selle should have the inside track on the starting qb job. Both Kemp and their other recruit Zapata should make for great competition. Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if the Griz put in a series of plays for someone like Kemp to take advantage of.

JMU Newbill
February 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Chuck Norris is the next Rodney Landers. xbowx

jmufan999
February 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Dudzik is a stud. He has an arm on him too. The thought that rFr Justin THorpe could take his job this spring is ridiculous to think. But if true, that's not a bad problem to have!

all the hype about Thorpe... i can't wait to see this kid. people that have seen him play say that he is pretty darn good. it will be interesting. until i see him do what i KNOW dudzik can do (especially in pressure situations), i'm a Drew guy.