Scholarship Association functions;
* $7,500 for being named Big Sky Conference Coach of the Year;
* $5,000 for defeating a FCS team during non-conference season
that has been a qualifier in the FCS playoffs within the past two
years;
* $5,000 for finishing the season as Big Sky champs or co-champs,
or qualifying for the NCAA football playoffs;
* $2,500 for each victory in the FCS playoffs;
* $30,000 for winning the FCS championship.

Total compensation if he qualifies for all the incentives.
$274,000

slostang
February 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Guaranteed Money
$144,500 base
$40,000 Radio and TV
$25,000 Country Club Membership
$6000 Vehicle allowance
$215,500

Incentives
* $5,000 for achieving a team GPA for the previous three academic
years of 2.85 or higher;
* $5,000 for maintaining a four-year average academic progress
rate score of at least 950;
* $5,000 for maintaining season attendance;
* $5,000 for attending requested UM Athletics and Grizzly
years;* $5,000 for finishing the season as Big Sky champs or co-champs,

$293,000

No wonder why he scheduled Montana's bye before the Cal Poly game. It is worth $5,000 if he wins it.

ngineer
February 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Some of these incentives re academics are nice to see. Some of the others make me smile. Reminds me of Penn's incentive contract with Bagnoli who gets his salary ratcheted up for each win beyond 6. One of the reasons Penn dropped Lehigh from it's schedule a few years back when they started playing Villanova. With only a 10 game schedule he ,literally, couldn't "afford" too many tough non-conference games.:D

Green26
February 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
The country club membership is much less than $25,000, I believe.

GOKATS
February 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
The country club membership is much less than $25,000, I believe.

Can't be, Ronblo is never wrong......................xrolleyesx

Ronbo
February 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Excuse me, I was guessing there. I thought since UM charges $25,000 a year for a box that a CC Membership would be as much or more. What is it $1500 a month?

Reign of Terrier
February 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
No offense guys but when I first saw this I thought it was Bobby Lamb:o

grizband
February 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Excuse me, I was guessing there. I thought since UM charges $25,000 a year for a box that a CC Membership would be as much or more. What is it $1500 a month?
It was listed as $6000 over on egriz.com...not sure if that is gospel, though.

Green26
February 14th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Boxes range from $12,500 to $16,500, I believe, except for the one on the end, which is $25,000. Food and drink extra, of course.

Cleets
February 14th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Let it be known... I posted 7000 times on this forum (AGS) no matter how many posts were deleted...

I met my goal... now I must go xnodx Love you girls see you around

SideLine Shooter
February 14th, 2009, 09:12 AM
He should have gotten that much just for beating JMU in the Semi. xlolxxlolx

Ronbo
February 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
It was listed as $6000 over on egriz.com...not sure if that is gospel, though.

I corrected it.xlolx

elon77
February 15th, 2009, 08:47 AM
He should have gotten that much just for beating JMU in the Semi. xlolxxlolx

But, how much did he have to give back for loosing to Richmond?xlolxxlolx

Uncle Buck
February 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I have to imagine that $144K goes pretty far in Montana. Looks like a great contract IMO with the opportunity to add a lot of extra coin to the bottom line.

Ronbo
February 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I have to imagine that $144K goes pretty far in Montana. Looks like a great contract IMO with the opportunity to add a lot of extra coin to the bottom line.

Actually when you look at the total guaranteed compensation of $196K. That puts him in the top 3-4% of wage earners in the Country. I guess that would go pretty far most anywhere.

93henfan
February 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM

Very appropriate comment from a Long Islander. $144K/yr on Long Island barely puts you in the "lower middle class" category, no? xlolx

Good for BH though. I guess Montanans are behind him again now?

Ronbo
February 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM
But, how much did he have to give back for loosing to Richmond?xlolxxlolx

I'm pretty sure he had a bonus for winning the NC in his 2008 Contact. So he lost that. It might have been $20-25,000.

mlbowl
February 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM

There are a couple of Hauck haters out there...wolfboy...cough cough...but most Griz fans have always been behind BHxnodx

Uncle Buck
February 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Very appropriate comment from a Long Islander. $144K/yr on Long Island barely puts you in the "lower middle class" category, no? xlolx

Right on the money, $144K on Long Island, you ARE lower middle class. I make a great living, but here, the take home pay just doesn't take you home like it used to.

Good for Hauck though, i don't know why he has haters. I would take him in Hempstead.

CrunchGriz
February 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Right on the money, $144K on Long Island, you ARE lower middle class. I make a great living, but here, the take home pay just doesn't take you home like it used to.

Good for Hauck though, i don't know why he has haters. I would take him in Hempstead.

UB, there are haters for several reasons, most of them highly irrational.

A large part of them pine for the days of Air Bear, the Don Read era, when the Griz would line up and fling it on virtually every play. Montana had highly explosive offenses in those days, often ranking near the top of I-AA in total offense, and almost all of it through the air.

The last two coaching staffs (since 2000), though, have favored a more balanced approach to offense, and have not produced this former level of points or yardage. On the other hand, they have also fielded much stronger defenses, so more points are not often needed.

Personally, I'm a pragmatist, and 66-16, with two trips to the title game and 6 straight Big Sky outright or shared titles and 6 straight trips to the playoffs speaks far louder than whatever disagreement I might have over his preferred offense style.

I think the vast majority of Griz fans just likes winning--and Bobby has produced, to the tune of the second-best winning percentage of any Griz coach in history (only bested by Joe Glenn, who was an eye-popping 39-6 in three years--one of those 6 losses being to your boys in his first game at the helm in Missoula).

DuckDuckGriz
February 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM

It's because of Joe Glenn and Don Read. The guys could run for mayor they are so personable and friendly to everyone - almost like a fun uncle. Glenn may have left on a sour note but no one can argue that when he was at UM the city of Missoula and state of Montana were in LOVE with him.

Bobby is a great coach - but doesn't have the public personality. He has a slight of arrogance that many don't like - and that many associate with his days with Neuheisal and at the FBS level. Just my opinion.

Uncle Buck
February 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Crunch,
I hear what you're saying. When i played at Hofstra it was five wide spread it and throw it. I loved that style. Now we look to be more balanced. Hell, like you said, 66-16 etc. two trips to the NC, i could learn to adapt!

catatac
February 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
They should have a clause that subtracts $10,000 every time one of his players gets arrested for a felony. That sounds like smack but I honestly think that would help keep the number of arrests down... at any school. Lord knows both MSU and UM have had issues... xbawlingx

Syntax Error
February 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM
They should have a clause that subtracts $10,000 every time one of his players gets arrested for a felony...That's an interesting thought and like you said, any coach. Puts the onus on recruiting good kids who are not troublemakers. Many times coaches know beforehand if a kid is a risk to go wayward and if they had to put their wallets on the line, maybe something good would come of it for the coach AND player.

Ronbo
February 18th, 2009, 01:13 AM
He's taken care of that, I'm sad to say we have gone from 23+ African Americans on the team to just 10. :( You need to be squeaky clean with good grades to play at Montana any more.

GOKATS
February 20th, 2009, 10:42 PM
He's taken care of that, I'm sad to say we have gone from 23+ African Americans on the team to just 10. :( You need to be squeaky clean with good grades to play at Montana any more.

Holy *****!! That's one of the most racist posts I've seen in a long time. xeekx

uofmman1122
February 21st, 2009, 02:40 AM
Holy *****!! That's one of the most racist posts I've seen in a long time. xeekxHe's sad that there aren't more black players, and that's somehow racist?

lolwut? xconfusedx

blueballs
February 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Kudos to Montana and Coach Hauck... after the 2004 title game I was under the impression that he was looking for the first 1-A job he could find and he was adios.

From my perspective 2000 miles away this means montana's financial woes are a thing of the past as well, is this true?

uofmman1122
February 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
From my perspective 2000 miles away this means montana's financial woes are a thing of the past as well, is this true?Pretty much. We erased a million dollar deficit in 2005 and 2006, and haven't needed any money games since, so I would assume with the cash cow that UM football is, our AD is in good hands at the moment.

slostang
February 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
He's sad that there aren't more black players, and that's somehow racist?

lolwut? xconfusedx

No that is not racist, but hinting the reason there are less is because now you have to be squeeky clean with good grades probably is.

mlbowl
February 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Holy *****!! That's one of the most racist posts I've seen in a long time. xeekx

I was thinking the same thingxsmhx

Ronbo
February 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Not me, I want more diversity on the teams. But the Adminsitration is snake bit. Of the 15 or so arrests in the last 3-4 years at UM and MSU 90% were AA men. Do the math, then put yourself in Hauck's, O'Day's, and Dennison's positions. They have raised standards and it shows when we recruit 19 players in 2009 and 18 are white and grade averages being touted are 3.2 to 4.0.

paward
February 21st, 2009, 07:28 PM
Does grade point average and skin color go hand in hand?

CrazyCat
February 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Not me, I want more diversity on the teams. But the Adminsitration is snake bit. Of the 15 or so arrests in the last 3-4 years at UM and MSU 90% were AA men. Do the math, then put yourself in Hauck's, O'Day's, and Dennison's positions. They have raised standards and it shows when we recruit 19 players in 2009 and 18 are white and grade averages being touted are 3.2 to 4.0.

The lowest gpa of all your recruits is 3.2?

GOKATS
February 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
The lowest gpa of all your recruits is 3.2?

Kind of hard to believe isn't it. xrolleyesx But consider the source.

catatac
February 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
He's sad that there aren't more black players, and that's somehow racist?

lolwut? xconfusedx

Yes, that is an extremely racist post. I mentioned the problem of UM players getting felonies... and his direct response was to say that Hauck has "taken care of that" by reducing the number of black players on the team. Weird.

laxVik
February 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
They have raised standards and it shows when we recruit 19 players in 2009 and 18 are white and grade averages being touted are 3.2 to 4.0. Pathetic. Sheesh... xnonox

Native
February 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Guaranteed Money
$144,500 base
$40,000 Radio and TV
$6000 Country Club Membership
$6000 Vehicle allowance
$196,500

Incentives
* $5,000 for achieving a team GPA for the previous three academic
years of 2.85 or higher;
* $5,000 for maintaining a four-year average academic progress
rate score of at least 950;
* $5,000 for maintaining season attendance;
* $5,000 for attending requested UM Athletics and Grizzly
years;
* $5,000 for finishing the season as Big Sky champs or co-champs,

$274,000

Congrats! I was hoping some FBS school would steal him away. xeyebrowx