PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season polls?

blitz4
February 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Are there any pre-season polls out? I know it may be a little early.

89Hen
February 13th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Peter's Weekly Pre-Season is out...

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

mainejeff
February 13th, 2009, 03:12 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

RED = xconfusedx

ValleyChamp
February 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM
That is a rediculous poll.

wideright82
February 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM
RED = xconfusedx

I don't get what your problem with it is to be honest. I think it is one of the most accurate polls out.

DLS
February 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
appstate should totally be #1!

this is an outrage. ; )

danefan
February 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

WHAT??????WHAT??????

No Albany...??!?!?!?!??!?!?

Ludicrous.

OK - don't you guys miss my typical Monday rant? :D

Honestly, the teams bolded above have no business being in anyone's top 25.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Good ole Pete! Has he really put out a preseason poll? Probably doesn't even know UCA is not eligible for the playoffs which is a violation of his alleged poll rules...

GannonFan
February 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I still haven't seen any evidence proving that Pete's Poll is picked entirely at random out of a hat. Until then, I'm going with that theory. xnodx

mcveyrl
February 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I still haven't seen any evidence proving that Pete's Poll is picked entirely at random out of a hat. Until then, I'm going with that theory. xnodx

Wait a minute. Are you saying I should cancel the mass screen printing of my "James Madison - Pete's Power Poll 2008 National Champions" t-shirts.

EagleDawg
February 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
It's easy to look foolish and be ridiculed when you're the first one out on the dance floor. Yet somebody's gotta be first. Maybe the poor guy deserves a little slack until there are a few other polls out to compare his against. Then again we're all Football Fans and in our world there is no such thing as cutting someone some slack. Yeah go ahead and knock the poor guy down and don't help him up either! xlolxxlolxxlolx

UNHWildCats
February 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It's easy to look foolish and be ridiculed when you're the first one out on the dance floor. Yet somebody's gotta be first. Maybe the poor guy deserves a little slack until there are a few other polls out to compare his against. Then again we're all Football Fans and in our world there is no such thing as cutting someone some slack. Yeah go ahead and knock the poor guy down and don't help him up either! xlolxxlolxxlolx
well when you cant even wait until most schedules are released to release a poll, you deserve to be ridiculed :p

EagleDawg
February 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
UNHWildCats - You won't get any argument out of me on that one!

Eight Legger
February 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I don't mind ridiculing the guy right now. Does he watch FCS games or did someone just hand him a hat with 120-something scraps of paper in it and he just pulled out 25 and wrote them on a list?

th0m
February 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Wait a minute. Are you saying I should cancel the mass screen printing of my "James Madison - Pete's Power Poll 2008 National Champions" t-shirts.

Nah you shouldn't. I'd buy one of those shirts :D Well maybe drop "mass" ;)

bostonspider
February 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I do not think that is his actual poll. As I went to his site and there is no 2009 poll. He also always starts the next season with the defending champion as #1. So since UR is listed at 21, I am pretty sure this is fake...

PantherRob82
February 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM

His poll is terrible every week or every year. Not an issue of being the first on the dance floor.

wideright82
February 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
His poll is terrible every week or every year. Not an issue of being the first on the dance floor.

I don't see what is wrong with this poll to be honst. xconfusedx

BEAR
February 13th, 2009, 06:51 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

I don't see anything wrong with this poll either..xbeerchugxxlmaox I do think that Montana should #24 not number 25...xrolleyesx Classic. xlolx

Montanan
February 13th, 2009, 07:25 PM
now lets not get all that concerned, this is Peter's Weekly Pre-Season Poll. there's a lot of pre-season weeks left where we'll see some changes in his poll. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

already123
February 13th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this poll either..xbeerchugxxlmaox I do think that Montana should #24 not number 25...xrolleyesx Classic. xlolx

hahahaxthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
February 14th, 2009, 12:28 AM
If any of you ever play golf with 89Hen, DO NOT bring your wallet with you!

JMU Newbill
February 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Isn't Central Arkansas everyone's sleeper pick to win it all this year??

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM
How could he neglect DAYTON?!?!?!

elon77
February 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Everyone on here knows it will be Elon # 1 and all the rest scrambling for 2nd. Makes as much sense as anyone else's.xnodx

PaladinFan
February 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Any poll should have Richmond at #1. They earned the right to be there until someone beats them.

Not sure what Colgate is doing up there. I like the Raiders, but Furman went up and beat the stuffing out of them at home last season.

UNHWildCats
February 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
there not playoff eligible.

UCAMonkey
February 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM

UCA cannot even be declared SLC champs even though their games count in the standings. xconfusedx

UNHWildCats
February 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
UCA cannot even be declared SLC champs even though their games count in the standings. xconfusedx
ya, I think that is completely retarded.

JMU Newbill
February 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Since when does that matter? You think people care about "rules"?

Kid Dakota
February 15th, 2009, 10:41 AM
you can be listed in polls even though your not playoff eligible.

JMU DUUUKES LAW
February 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM
i dont care if thats the first or last preseason poll, its awful. To not put UR #1 is silly, but to leave out JMU of the Top 25 completely is just plain stupid.

McNeese75
February 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM

xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
February 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Yes - a Montana team that went to the title game and returns the majority of its starters this year (and some that were injured during the playoffs) - at #25 is credible.
:)

Tribe4SF
February 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Good grief...some of you still don't get it!xlolx

Pete has not issued a preseason poll. You've all been had by 89Hen!xthumbsupx

LeopardFan04
February 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM

xlolx You shouldn't have said anything! The thread would have kept going until the season! xlolx

Montanan
February 15th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Peter's weekly preseason poll. xlolxxnodxxlolx

ngineer
February 15th, 2009, 08:54 PM
While I agree that Randolph's return for a fifth year makes HC a tough favorite to win the PL, I cannot see them in the top 10 preseason, let along #4. Central Arkansas's ineligibility for the playoffs should not make them disqualified to be included in a poll. The question is a subjective listing of who the person thinks are the best teams.

JMU DUUUKES LAW
February 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM

xoopsx

NSUDemon98
February 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

This poll is more entertaining than when Northwestern St. had the #1 recruiting class a couple of weeks ago. xsmiley_wix

crusader11
February 16th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Obviously this poll is ridiculous, and Holy Cross will probably not sniff the top 10. However, if you look at who HC is bringing back, coupled with a pretty favorable schedule, there is no reason HC could not run the table and go 11-0 before the playoffs come around. You have to play the games, of course, and injuries certainly do happen, but I don't think there is a game on the schedule that you would say HC is not favored in.

Harvard, Lafayette, Colgate, and Northeastern will all be difficult, and traveling to Lehigh scares me a bit, but there is no reason that if Dom is on top of his game for the entire year HC could not run the table.

Tribe4SF
February 16th, 2009, 06:00 AM
xlolx You shouldn't have said anything! The thread would have kept going until the season! xlolx

As you can see, I haven't slowed it down much.xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

jmufan999
February 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM
PETE IS A FREAKING MORON. he's a pimple-faced 14 year-old kid who goes to star trek conventions.

last year, he had JMU PRESEASON #13... there were NO POLLS ANYWHERE that had us any lower than #2. i forget some of the teams in his top 10, but it was ABSURD. i know Liberty was ranked ahead of us (granted, they had a good season, but they didn't make the playoffs and would have gotten killed if they had). maybe Pete is Dave Coulson? never considered that before. they're both comparable in douche-itude.

mcveyrl
February 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM

I was gonna see how far this would go...like you said, though, it hasn't really slowed it down.

What's telling is how many people actually THINK this is Pete's poll.

Tailbone
February 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Not only has 89 fabricated a "poll" for his own amusement, It appears to be deliberately aimed at baiting Griz fans.

I wager this thread will run at least 2-3 more pages and there will still be those who don't realize that they've been "Punked".

Tribe4SF
February 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Not only has 89 fabricated a "poll" for his own amusement, It appears to be deliberately aimed at baiting Griz fans.

I wager this thread will run at least 2-3 more pages and there will still be those who don't realize that they've been "Punked".

xlolx It's not all about you...JMU doesn't even appear on the list.

89 knows where the short fuses are stored.xnodx

appmaj
February 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
you can be listed in polls even though your not playoff eligible.

SDSU knows that for sure.....

Bill Hanson
February 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
When do the real pre-season polls come out?

89Hen
February 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM

xwhistlex

CrunchGriz
February 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM
The only reason so many were taken in by 89's shenanigans here is that Pete has published so many wacky polls in the past that this one almost looked like one of his.

R.A.
February 19th, 2009, 09:07 PM
This is a year that many MEAC fans are expecting our second place team to gain that elusive at-large bid into the playoffs by one of our assumed top three teams... South Carolina State, Florida A&M, or Bethune- Cookman.

89Hen
February 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
This is a year that many MEAC fans are expecting our second place team to gain that elusive at-large bid into the playoffs by one of our assumed top three teams... South Carolina State, Florida A&M, or Bethune- Cookman.
What are the OOC schedules of the MEAC? You would need to have some good wins there to warrant an at-large. xpeacex

danefan
February 19th, 2009, 09:36 PM
What are the OOC schedules of the MEAC? You would need to have some good wins there to warrant an at-large. xpeacex
looking at schedules.travisliles.com it looks like a lot of SWAC games.

Noteable OOC:

FAMU @ Miami
Norfolk St. @ W&M
Morgan St. @ Towson
SC St. @ South Carolina
Winston Salem @ UC Davis

FAMU doesn't have the OOC to warrant an at-large. The Miami game is a loss.
Neither does SC State. They have a slightly better chance to beat SC than FAMU over Miami. But assuming a loss to SC, I'm not sure SC State has a strong enough OOC either.
BC has no strong OOC games.

I'm pretty sure, absent some big upsets, that it will only be the AQ from the MEAC again.

89Hen
February 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks danefan. BTW, we may be able to add DSU vs the Hens if the rumors are true. :)

BDKJMU
February 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM
PETE IS A FREAKING MORON. he's a pimple-faced 14 year-old kid who goes to star trek conventions.

last year, he had JMU PRESEASON #13... there were NO POLLS ANYWHERE that had us any lower than #2. i forget some of the teams in his top 10, but it was ABSURD. i know Liberty was ranked ahead of us (granted, they had a good season, but they didn't make the playoffs and would have gotten killed if they had). maybe Pete is Dave Coulson? never considered that before. they're both comparable in douche-itude.

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxCome on 99', JMU was lower than #2 in 4 of the 7 pre season polls I saw besides Pete's.
Phil Steele: #1
AGS: #2
Sporting News: #2
Lindy's #3
Sports Network: #3
Coaches Poll: #3
USA Today #4

Now I agree, Pete is a moron.

Silenoz
February 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yes - a Montana team that went to the title game and returns the majority of its starters this year (and some that were injured during the playoffs) - at #25 is credible.
:)

Below Hofstra too xlolx

I figure this whole thing was a setup for Griz fans!

Uncle Buck
February 20th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Below Hofstra too xlolx

Ha ha ha ha, you're awesome! xbowx

Then again, maybe the writer was just annoyed that you backed out of the return game in 2005. Oh wait, you've backed out of a lot of return games so he could be a fan of anyone.

Bill Hanson
February 20th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Below Hofstra too xlolx

How long has the Griz been in the top 25. It seems like it has been forever.

Uncle Buck
February 20th, 2009, 08:08 AM
How long has the Griz been in the top 25. It seems like it has been forever.

West Coast bias, and yes, it has been forever. xsmiley_wix

bluehenbillk
February 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Haha, I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at that. Until the MEAC could actually win one playoff game in recent memory why embarass themselves twice over.

dgreco
February 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
i do not hate all 25 teams in it, but it looks like he picked out a possible 25 best teams and hit randomize in a program.

R.A.
February 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
looking at schedules.travisliles.com it looks like a lot of SWAC games.

Noteable OOC:

FAMU @ Miami
Norfolk St. @ W&M
Morgan St. @ Towson
SC St. @ South Carolina
Winston Salem @ UC Davis

FAMU doesn't have the OOC to warrant an at-large. The Miami game is a loss.
Neither does SC State. They have a slightly better chance to beat SC than FAMU over Miami. But assuming a loss to SC, I'm not sure SC State has a strong enough OOC either.
BC has no strong OOC games.

I'm pretty sure, absent some big upsets, that it will only be the AQ from the MEAC again.

Grambling vs. SCSU

-A win over potential 2009 SWAC Champion Grambling, would be a huge victory for the MEAC.

R.A.
February 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Haha, I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at that. Until the MEAC could actually win one playoff game in recent memory why embarass themselves twice over.

Get your Pre Season laughs in.

And holla at me during the Post- Season.

Tribe4SF
February 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Grambling vs. SCSU

-A win over potential 2009 SWAC Champion Grambling, would be a huge victory for the MEAC.

You're kidding, right? When's the last time the SWAC won a challenge game?

Syntax Error
February 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
You guys know this is not a real preseason poll right?

Tribe4SF
February 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
You guys know this is not a real preseason poll right?

Been pointing that out since day one, largely to no avail. Had to rep 89 for this one.xthumbsupx

R.A.
February 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM

Their only victory was Southern's defeat of FAMU in 2007.

A win over a potentially Top 25, SWAC Champion, helps the MEAC. The Tigers are the defending SBN HBCU Football Champion.

Defeating Grambling would be a positive victory that any FCS school would be pleased to have on their resume come playoff time.

Debate it all you want, but SCSU's and the MEAC's Strength of Schedule have improved a tad bit more because of Grambling.

Tribe4SF
February 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Their only victory was Southern's defeat of FAMU in 2007.

A win over a potentially Top 25, SWAC Champion, helps the MEAC. The Tigers are the defending SBN HBCU Football Champion.

Defeating Grambling would be a positive victory that any FCS school would be pleased to have on their resume come playoff time.

Debate it all you want, but SCSU's and the MEAC's Strength of Schedule have improved a tad bit more because of Grambling.

I would argue that a loss to Grambling will hurt SCSU more than a win will help them. Grambling had a fine season within the SWAC last year, but their most meaningful OOC against Northwestern State resulted in a loss.

danefan
February 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Grambling vs. SCSU

A win over the champion of one of the worst leagues in FCS helps how?

A win over anyone in the SWAC will carry as much weight as a win over the champion of the NEC. If you are relying on that to get in the playoffs, good luck.

Syntax Error
February 21st, 2009, 12:27 PM
A win over the champion of one of the worst leagues in FCS helps how? A win over anyone in the SWAC will carry as much weight as a win over the champion of the NEC...Getting a little thick on trumping the NEC by putting other leagues down, don't ya think?

Final 2008 GPI conference rank:
12. Northeast Conference (65.19)
13. Southwestern Athletic Conference (69.17)
14. Pioneer Football League (73.27)

36. Albany (31.63)
40T. Grambling (33.13)

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/01/26/final-2008-gridiron-power-index-gpi-nati?blog=5

xeyebrowx

danefan
February 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Getting a little thick on trumping the NEC by putting other leagues down, don't ya think?

Final 2008 GPI conference rank:
12. Northeast Conference (65.19)
13. Southwestern Athletic Conference (69.17)
14. Pioneer Football League (73.27)

36. Albany (31.63)
40T. Grambling (33.13)

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/01/26/final-2008-gridiron-power-index-gpi-nati?blog=5

xeyebrowx

No what you posted supports my point.

A win over the SWAC champion is actually not as strong in the GPI's eye as a win over the NEC champ would be.

If you read my post again, I said that wasn't a very strong resume to put your at-large hopes on. That's not exactly trumping the NEC.

Syntax Error
February 21st, 2009, 01:09 PM
No what you posted supports my point.
A win over the SWAC champion is actually not as strong in the GPI's eye as a win over the NEC champ would be.
If you read my post again, I said that wasn't a very strong resume to put your at-large hopes on. That's not exactly trumping the NEC.Actually I was saying (badly I admit) that you put down the SWAC and inserted the NEC in the topic. Same as putting the PFL down in respect to the NEC. Same as slighting the MEAC in respect to the NEC. No need to do that. xpeacex

PantherRob82
February 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Get your Pre Season laughs in.

And holla at me during the Post- Season.

Wow...MEAC preseason smack. Unbelievable.

Montanan
February 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM
everyone enjoyed Hen's first "Peter's Weekly Pre-Season Poll", why not come out with a second week? just a thought, Hen. xnodxxlolx

mikebigg
February 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM

When the last time your school has even been invited to one?

Tribe4SF
February 22nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
When the last time your school has even been invited to one?

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrota tehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

1989, January
William and Mary became the first university to compete in the Epson Ivy Bowl in Yokohama, Japan, defeating a football team comprised of Japanese all-stars, 73-3.

1993, January
The Tribe accepted a second invitation to the Epson Ivy Bowl, defeating Nihon University 35-19.

R.A.
February 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Wow...MEAC preseason smack. Unbelievable.

Yeah, and guess what? The Valley's overrated.

R.A.
February 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
A win over the champion of one of the worst leagues in FCS helps how?

A win over anyone in the SWAC will carry as much weight as a win over the champion of the NEC. If you are relying on that to get in the playoffs, good luck.

Grambling is legit out of conference competition.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves.

darell1976
February 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

What no NDSU at #1 or even ranked at all. xeekx xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 23rd, 2009, 07:06 AM

Try competing in the Valley week in and week out and then make that analysis.

MV schools beat the crap out of each other each week......one of the best FCS conferences.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
What no NDSU at #1 or even ranked at all. xeekx xlolx

UND not in there......after their impressive 1st FCS season.....WOW!xlolxxlolx

darell1976
February 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
UND not in there......after their impressive 1st FCS season.....WOW!xlolxxlolx

Who cares...we aren't playoff eligible polls don't mean anything to me. Now as for the team that bragged they should have been playoff eligible during their transisition period (they did have some good teams) then choked in their first playoff eligible season you should care a little when it comes to polls.xsmiley_wix

Purple Pride
February 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Yes, they can be declared the SLC champs. The conference won't do it though because they'd lose their auto-bid for that year.

89Hen
February 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Looks like only a couple of changes. UCA hangs on to #1.

Peter's Weekly Pre-Season - Weak Two

1. Central Arkansas
2. Montana St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Lehigh
11. Appalachian St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Tennessee St
15. Northwestern St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Drake
19. San Diego
20. UT-Martin
21. Rhode Island
22. Elon
23. Brown
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

Montanan
February 23rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
just drove thru Bozeman, MT and they were celebrating in the streets while putting up street banners displaying Peter's latest poll results! they love ya man!

Go Cats!

sure relieved to see the Griz back in the top 25!

dgreco
February 23rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
reading this after another week, this guy is crazy. I mean he has zero creditbility.

Montanan
February 23rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
reading this after another week, this guy is crazy. I mean he has zero creditbility.

sure, Holy Cross @ #4 is a bit of a streach, but where else, why? please elaborate.

Eight Legger
February 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Looks like only a couple of changes. UCA hangs on to #1.

Peter's Weekly Pre-Season - Weak Two

1. Central Arkansas
2. Montana St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Lehigh
11. Appalachian St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Tennessee St
15. Northwestern St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Drake
19. San Diego
20. UT-Martin
21. Rhode Island
22. Elon
23. Brown
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

HAHAHAHAHA. The defending national champions return with a senior QB, the entire WR corps and a great defense, and don't make the top 25. Riiiiiiight.

jaxstatealum
February 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM

Nail on the head!! xthumbsupx

bostonspider
February 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Why are you all still talking about 89Hen's faux poll? He did Wk1 and Wk2 just to get our collective goats....

89Hen
February 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. The defending national champions return with a senior QB, the entire WR corps and a great defense, and don't make the top 25. Riiiiiiight.
They'll be lucky to make the top 25 of CAA teams. :p

Montanan
February 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
might want to rethink Elon @ 22:
according to Enard Headman, ESPN's new FCS feature columnist, Elon is expected to be a top 5 team throughout 2009 based solely on the immediate impact of 2009 recruit ironman athlete Jarrod Beal, 6'9",340 lbs (40 - 4.38), recruited to play WR, RB, kick/punt returner and safety, probably the single most visibly valuable impact player to have ever been recruited by a SoCon School, or for that matter, all of FCS. xnodx

saccat
February 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
just drove thru Bozeman, MT and they were celebrating in the streets while putting up street banners displaying Peter's latest poll results! they love ya man!

Go Cats!

sure relieved to see the Griz back in the top 25!

I just drove through and didn't see any signs at all. You sir know nothing of our town.

DLS
February 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
according to Enard Headman, ESPN's new FCS feature columnist, Elon is expected to be a top 5 team throughout 2009 based solely on the immediate impact of 2009 recruit ironman athlete Jarrod Beal, 6'9",340 lbs (40 - 4.38), recruited to play WR, RB, kick/punt returner and safety, probably the single most visibly valuable impact player to have ever been recruited by a SoCon School, or for that matter, all of FCS. xnodx

sounds more like someone you'd find in the nfl in 2109.

Reign of Terrier
February 23rd, 2009, 04:56 PM

I'd agree with Elon being a top 5 team...BTW post a link to that "FCS columnist"

Native
February 23rd, 2009, 05:14 PM

1. Central Arkansas
2. Appalachian St
3. New Hampshire
4. Holy Cross
5. Southern Illinois
6. Villanova
7. Liberty
8. Wofford
9. Weber St
10. Colgate
11. S. Carolina St
12. Eastern Kentucky
13. Northern Iowa
14. Jacksonville St
15. McNeese St
16. Massachusetts
17. Cal-Poly
18. Maine
19. William & Mary
20. UT-Martin
21. Richmond
22. Elon
23. Hofstra
24. S. Dakota St
25. Montana

Montana #25?!?? xrolleyesx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Umass74
February 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I went to Pete's site and could not find that poll. Does anyone have a link?

JazzyBulldog05
February 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
It amazes me that people still think this poll is legitxsmiley_wix xlolx

89Hen, xbowx

Montanan
February 23rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
sorry to see Richmond fall out of the top 25, I guess the rumor that 3 of their key players will be leaving early for the NFL is true.

Tribe4SF
February 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I went to Pete's site and could not find that poll. Does anyone have a link?

In a word......no.

R3TRO
February 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Montanan.....xthumbsupx xlolx

PantherRob82
February 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

katstrapper
February 24th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Central Sooey does not have all everything Nathan Brown at QB anymore. They will be hard pressed to find a comparable QB for 2009.

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Central Sooey does not have all everything Nathan Brown at QB anymore. They will be hard pressed to find a comparable QB for 2009.

They do have Nathan Dick - an FBS transfer. No telling how this Nathan will do, but they do have some talent around still and I do not think they are going to fall as much as some think - especially with Conque still on the sidelines.

Syntax Error
February 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
They do have Nathan Dick...
They just have a few holes to fill. I realize they have stuck it out, but before we erect a pillar to Brown, we must look a head to what stands firmly and pointedly. Dick could be potent and just the column which UCA needs to close the gap.

PhoenixMan
February 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM

This is BS........Elon should be a top 5 team,but that's based on returners QB Riddle and WR Hudgins. I followed the recruiting closely, don't see any such a beast on the list. The only Beal is Kenton Beal, a punter/kicker. If this is true please send me more info on the mystery recruit.

Montanan
February 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM
This is BS........Elon should be a top 5 team,but that's based on returners QB Riddle and WR Hudgins. I followed the recruiting closely, don't see any such a beast on the list. The only Beal is Kenton Beal, a punter/kicker. If this is true please send me more info on the mystery recruit.

my bad! substitute 11 for 22, S. Carolina St. for Elon and MLB for safety.

CrunchGriz
February 26th, 2009, 02:26 AM
89Hen:

Methinks you'd better stock up on fishing tackle, as you've caused several instances of ingested hooks, lines, and sinkers--some seem to have not only ingested, but digested same.

Please desist, or we'll be up to our eyeballs here in mangled barbs, tangled filament, and pounds of lead shot *****.

McNeese72
February 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Even if this is bogus, my question that I have always have had about Pete's Poll, if this is a "poll who does he poll to get it. If no one, it is misnamed because it is just his own personal "rankings" not a poll.

Doc

BEAR
February 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Central Sooey, whom we can't beat because our coach can't figure out how to do it, does not have all everything Nathan Brown at QB anymore, and we don't have Red Boner either. They will be hard pressed to find a comparable QB for 2009, because one doesn't exist.

No one at UCA gives a crap, this year especially, if we don't have an awesome record..it's not like we're going to the playoffs anyway. xrulesx Just go to the game, take your blood pressure medicine a few hours before, and enjoy the thing for once. Next year is a new year, new faces, new schemes and most of all, everyone starts out 0-0. xthumbsupx Besides, if I'm making the trip to SHSU for the game, there had better be some grillin' goin' on! xthumbsupxxnodx

tandemlax
February 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Single most entertaining thread I've encountered in some time. Can we keep it up until August?

panther25
February 27th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Colgate moving up to the FBS level in 2011 is certainly gonna make them a favorite this year. Look for them to be right around 3 come the 2nd or 3rd week.

Silenoz
February 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
They just have a few holes to fill. I realize they have stuck it out, but before we erect a pillar to Brown, we must look a head to what stands firmly and pointedly. Dick could be potent and just the column which UCA needs to close the gap.

xlolx

So many poorly(?) chosen words

Silenoz
February 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
MSU at 2, haha. Someone link this thread to egriz so the idiots all start to rabble rabble rabble

Seawolf97
February 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
This poll isnt legit ?xlolxxlolxxlolx

ngineer
February 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Even if this is bogus, my question that I have always have had about Pete's Poll, if this is a "poll who does he poll to get it. If no one, it is misnamed because it is just his own personal "rankings" not a poll.

Doc

Maybe he has multiple personality disorder....;):D

Montanan
February 27th, 2009, 09:22 PM

in all sincerity, this poll is as legit as any other weekly pre-season
poll! probably the most highly regarded pre-season weekly poll in all of college football! and ya can take that to the bank! xnodx

Woody Hayes
February 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM

There is no way it's legit. NDSU isn't in it!

R.A.
February 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Try competing in the Valley week in and week out and then make that analysis.

MV schools beat the crap out of each other each week......one of the best FCS conferences.

We'd love to play the Valley more... especially after we've witnessed mediocre Hampton almost knock off Southen Illinois in Carbondale. A seven point win over a middle of the pack MEAC squad? Oh noxlolxxlolx

WildCat In The Hat
February 28th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe he has multiple personality disorder....;):D

possibly bi-poll-er............................................badu mbump.

xpeacex

Tribe4SF
February 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
possibly bi-poll-er............................................badu mbump.

xpeacex

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupx