PDA

View Full Version : NCAA "Erases" TXST Loss to Div II Abilene Christian

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM
The NCAA struck out the loss by the Bobcats to Div II Abilene Christian in 2007 as ACU was forced to forfeit 10 victories from the 2007 year. If you recall, ACU won 45-27 at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos.

Congrats Bobcats! xnodx

INDIANAPOLIS — The NCAA has ordered Abilene Christian to vacate 10 football victories from 2007 and placed the track program on two years’ probation with school-imposed scholarship reductions.

Thursday’s ruling cited major violations in both programs.

The NCAA said assistant football coaches improperly helped two players complete correspondence courses to gain eligibility. The association said track coaches offered a range of impermissible inducements to recruits and athletes.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6261022.html

kirkblitz
February 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM
OUCH for AC. thats gotta sting.

CSUBUCDAD
February 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cheap way to score a W in my book.

UCAMonkey
February 13th, 2009, 12:12 AM

Not as cheap as finishing with the second best record in the SLC and calling themselves conference champs!

KleinTx05
February 13th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Not as cheap as finishing with the second best record in the SLC and calling themselves conference champs!

lol UCA still crying over that ... U better be worried about being .500 THIS yr. Almighty Nathan Brown and your stud TE is gonna be missing from the equation along with some stud DLinemen ... I'd be more worried about UCA falling off the Map than some Conference Championship. In the famous words of Ricky Bobby " If you ain't 1st, you last." Get over it cause don't nobody care ... It wasn't the Championship we were really aiming for if u get my drift.

grizband
February 13th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Does Texas State actually get credited for this win, or does the NCAA just consider this as a game that was never played?

chattanoogamocs
February 13th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Does Texas State actually get credited for this win, or does the NCAA just consider this as a game that was never played?

Typically, it is counted as a loss for the offending school (they get to carry the stain of dishonor forever). But the other school leaves the record as is (meaning, they usually don't go back and change it, even though it is now technically a win).

At least this was the way it was explained to me. We had a similar situation in basketball when Michigan forfeited a season's worth of wins from back in the Fab Five days. The Mocs had played them and it is still listed as a loss in our media guide.

bandl
February 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ummmm.....please don't tell me that Texas State is PROUD of the fact that they get credit for this win? They got spanked by a cheating team! xlolx :p

wideright82
February 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Is this a proud moment for them? I know the NCAA did it, but should this really be a time for excitement. As far as I am concerned, they lost the game.

"HEY YOU GUYS CHEATED, WE WIN, WE WIN" (said in an 8-year old girls voice)

UCABEARS75
February 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM
lol UCA still crying over that ... U better be worried about being .500 THIS yr. Almighty Nathan Brown and your stud TE is gonna be missing from the equation along with some stud DLinemen ... I'd be more worried about UCA falling off the Map than some Conference Championship. In the famous words of Ricky Bobby " If you ain't 1st, you last." Get over it cause don't nobody care ... It wasn't the Championship we were really aiming for if u get my drift.

Not all of us are crying. The 2008 season is over and done. Most of us were aware of the consequences of the transition period when we made the move.
And I believe the players are fine with everything.

Now on the 2009 and beyond. Yes we lost Nathan and Marquez. I know this is going to come as a shock to some of you but UCA was winning football games before Nathan and Marquez and, believe it or not, the coaches actually knew 2008 was their last season and have even been planning for the future.

And by the way, we lost virutally no one off our defense, in fact, we return about 18 of our top 22 on defense including both of our top two defensive linemen (Larry Hart and Taylor Scott).

Defensively we will be better, quite a bit better.

On offense we will be fine. You can not replace a Nathan Brown but we have a couple of guys who I think will do just fine.

MaximumBobcat
February 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM

We shouldn't get credit for this win, because we lost. ACU shouldn't get credit for the win if they cheated though.

Is this a proud moment for them? I know the NCAA did it, but should this really be a time for excitement. As far as I am concerned, they lost the game.

"HEY YOU GUYS CHEATED, WE WIN, WE WIN" (said in an 8-year old girls voice)

Where in this thread did any TxSt fan say anything like that? Seems like you enjoy making things up..lol :D

wideright82
February 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
..::sigh::...

Tard.

We shouldn't get credit for this win, because we lost. ACU shouldn't get credit for the win if they cheated though.

Where in this thread did any TxSt fan say anything like that? Seems like you enjoy making things up..lol :D

Yeah, I do. I just wanted to use the (8-year old girl thing)xlolx

Actually it was to the Terror congratulating you guys. I apologize if I made it seem as though I thought you were all pleased that you lost to a D2 team, and then due to cheating didn't lose it.:)

JSU02
February 13th, 2009, 11:40 AM
A similar thing happened to Jax State in the 1989 D-II National Championship Game. Mississippi College defeated JSU 3-0 in the snow, but a few months later was forced to vacate the title as well as every win that season by the NCAA for infractions. And needless to say, JSU didnt get to claim the NC. xnonono2x

CSUBUCDAD
February 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I think the difference is that if your opponent forfeits before the kickoff you get a 1-0 W. If they are forced to forfeit after the fact they get and L and you keep whatever you had to begin with.

JayJ79
February 13th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Typically, it is counted as a loss for the offending school (they get to carry the stain of dishonor forever). But the other school leaves the record as is (meaning, they usually don't go back and change it, even though it is now technically a win).

At least this was the way it was explained to me. We had a similar situation in basketball when Michigan forfeited a season's worth of wins from back in the Fab Five days. The Mocs had played them and it is still listed as a loss in our media guide.

Personally, I'd think that the course of action that made the most sense would be to have the official record treat it like the game wasn't played (so it essentially turns into an "exhibition" game). Thus, Texas State's official record for 2007 would go from 4-7 to 4-6.

But that probably isn't the actual case.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Thus, Texas State's official record for 2007 would go from 4-7 to 4-6.

That's unfortunate. With a 'W', they'd be one more forfeit win away from raising their winning seasons percentage in Div I seasons to 20%, despite always having the largest budgets and largest enrollments, etc, etc....

KleinTx05
February 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
That's unfortunate. With a 'W', they'd be one more forfeit win away from raising their winning seasons percentage in Div I seasons to 20%, despite always having the largest budgets and largest enrollments, etc, etc....

You still mad cause we celebrated all over lil rinky dink Bowers stadium this year ...dont worry THIS year the game wont even be close, but we'll get to celebrate it in the new Bobcat Stadium. xnodx You always bringing up our D1 winning percentage but answer this ...what is TxSt and Sam's all time record ...who holds the Lead? ...WE DO!!!

BEAR
February 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
xpopcornx .......hey look, a Texas State fan versus TT battle...WOW..that's new xdeadhorsex

slycat
February 13th, 2009, 06:50 PM
xcoffeex

already123
February 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
W or L in the stat book...the damage has already been done!

UCAMonkey
February 14th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Ummmm.....please don't tell me that Texas State is PROUD of the fact that they get credit for this win? They got spanked by a cheating team! xlolx :p

You gotta take a victory over a D2 program anyway you can get it! xnodx

UCAMonkey
February 14th, 2009, 01:48 AM

SWTX would know best about falling off of the map. xcoffeex

Well maybe it is our turn to lose to SWTX. Then you guys can be 1-2 against a transitional program. xthumbsupx

Coming back to Conway again......I can't seem to remember how that went the last time you visited? xwhistlex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7gK00bZKs&feature=PlayList&p=353CE15639857B17&playnext=1&index=4

KleinTx05
February 14th, 2009, 02:15 AM
SWTX would know best about falling off of the map. xcoffeex

Well maybe it is our turn to lose to SWTX. Then you guys can be 1-2 against a transitional program. xthumbsupx

Coming back to Conway again......I can't seem to remember how that went the last time you visited? xwhistlex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7gK00bZKs&feature=PlayList&p=353CE15639857B17&playnext=1&index=4

Aww man u r killing me ... purple monkey u live in the past too much ... yeah we got spanked that game... true enough... but if it wasn't for poor coaching, UCA would have lost this yr. The purple people barely escaped Bobcat Stadium. I can't Wait til we come back to Conway myself ...

UCAMonkey
February 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Aww man u r killing me ... purple monkey u live in the past too much ... yeah we got spanked that game... true enough... but if it wasn't for poor coaching, UCA would have lost this yr. The purple people barely escaped Bobcat Stadium. I can't Wait til we come back to Conway myself ...

Actually that game shouldn't have even been close! Our offense stalled in the red zone several times and we had missed 2 chip shot field goals. We should have won by at least 3 or 4 scores. TXST put together a good drive and scored with like a minute remaining to pull within one score before failing an onside kick. UCA controlled the game from start to finish. What game were you watching? xcoffeex

If you guys have the second best record again next year than you should be able to call yourselves conference champs again. UCA has reloaded. xthumbsupx

KleinTx05
February 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Actually that game shouldn't have even been close! Our offense stalled in the red zone several times and we had missed 2 chip shot field goals. We should have won by at least 3 or 4 scores. TXST put together a good drive and scored with like a minute remaining to pull within one score before failing an onside kick. UCA controlled the game from start to finish. What game were you watching? xcoffeex

If you guys have the second best record again next year than you should be able to call yourselves conference champs again. UCA has reloaded. xthumbsupx

I was watch'n the same game as you ... 50yd line home side ... and you guys stalled 2 less drives than we did. Don't know which game YOU was watch'n. All UCA did was run because unlike the game in Conway, almighty Nathan couldn't work his magic. Ne ways, if we do have the 2nd best record hopefully it will be 2nd to a "legit" or should i say a "REAL" SLC opponent, the kind that could actually wear REAL RINGS ... Instead of passing out FAKE rings @ ur banquet, napkins prolly would be a better fit. Im sure everyone @ TxSt would pitch in with the funds ...Stop wit ur whinning!! Look at it this way, until UCA gets off probation, its like ya'll are playing for fun ... lol let me stop. I'm starting to laugh at my own jokes.

BEAR
February 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
0-3...the only stat Texas State needs to know. xrulesxxcoffeex

MaximumBobcat
February 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I know y'all are ticked about being a transitional and not eligible for conference championships, but talking trash to Klein fans just makes y'all look petty.

xpeacex

KleinTx05
February 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
0-3...the only stat Texas State needs to know. xrulesxxcoffeex

The only thing UCA needs to UNDERSTAND is 3 more yrs til eligibility ...lol ... its all for fun ... you guys can't even call urselves champs no matter if your record is 11-0 or 0-11!!! Until then keep the napkins close

UCAMonkey
February 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I was watch'n the same game as you ... 50yd line home side ... and you guys stalled 2 less drives than we did. Don't know which game YOU was watch'n. All UCA did was run because unlike the game in Conway, almighty Nathan couldn't work his magic. Ne ways, if we do have the 2nd best record hopefully it will be 2nd to a "legit" or should i say a "REAL" SLC opponent, the kind that could actually wear REAL RINGS ... Instead of passing out FAKE rings @ ur banquet, napkins prolly would be a better fit. Im sure everyone @ TxSt would pitch in with the funds ...Stop wit ur whinning!! Look at it this way, until UCA gets off probation, its like ya'll are playing for fun ... lol let me stop. I'm starting to laugh at my own jokes.

Why do you need to work magic when we were running it down your throats? It is sad that you guys have now lost 2X to a transitional opponent. TSU needs to quit scheduling transitional and D2 opponents. xpeacex

Bottom line is that UCA owns TSU and their mythical championship. xlolx

BEAR
February 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
The only thing UCA needs to UNDERSTAND is 3 more yrs til eligibility ...lol ... its all for fun ... you guys can't even call urselves champs no matter if your record is 11-0 or 0-11!!! Until then keep the napkins close

Um....I do believe that this is our last year of ineligibility...Next year we will be eligible to make the playoffs. UNDERSTAND?.. xcoffeexxlolx But I guess you can't expect much of a transitional team anyway..except to maybe beat the bottom dwellers and get lucky enough to maybe pull an upset of the official(McNeese) and second place SLC champs now and then..xrolleyesxxnodx

UCA verses--(since joining the SLC)

Cowboys- 1-1
Bearkats 3-0
Lumberjacks- 3-0
Demons- 1-1
Lions- 2-0
Colonels- 1-1
Bobcats 2-0

MaximumBobcat
February 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Why do you need to work magic when we were running it down your throats? It is sad that you guys have now lost 2X to a transitional opponent. TSU needs to quit scheduling transitional and D2 opponents. xpeacex

Bottom line is that UCA owns TSU and their mythical championship. xlolx

I find it laughable that you constantly speak out about TxSt claiming a CC this past year in football. Teams can't claim rights to a CC. A conference awards them. At the end of the year this past season, after looking at all the conference rules and end of the year standings, the Southland Conference AWARDED TxSt the CC, they didn't claim a CC, like UCA did. Just stop acting so petty and let it go.

MaximumBobcat
February 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
C'mon y'all. Grow up.

UCA wasn't eligible for the CC, so when the Southland Conference awarded the championship to TxSt, some UCA fans lashed out as TxSt, saying that we shouldn't be "claiming" a championship. TxSt wasn't claiming anything, the CC was awarded to us, since we had the best overall record of eligible teams. It's a bad deal the whole way around, but what do you want TxSt to do? Talking trash just makes you look petty.

KleinTx05
February 15th, 2009, 12:45 AM
UCA verses--(since joining the SLC)

Cowboys- 1-1
Bearkats 3-0
Lumberjacks- 3-0
Demons- 1-1
Lions- 2-0
Colonels- 1-1
Bobcats 2-0

All for fun ... & no Conference Championships ... napkins PLZ!!! You are really starting to bore me ... It isn't even fun trash talking anymore ...hell you're not even eligible to do that yet ...

BEAR
February 15th, 2009, 09:46 AM
All for fun ... & no Conference Championships ... napkins PLZ!!! You are really starting to bore me ... It isn't even fun trash talking anymore ...hell you're not even eligible to do that yet ...

TEXAS SCHOOLS.....PWND.

UCAMonkey
February 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Thanks for representing the SLC in Montana this past year. Your performance definitely earned our conference a bunch of respect. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
February 15th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for representing the SLC in Montana this past year. Your performance definitely earned our conference a bunch of respect. xthumbsupx

I would not be throwing stones until your team has played in that environment. xcoffeex

KleinTx05
February 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I would not be throwing stones until your team has played in that environment. xcoffeex

Exactly ...

BEAR
February 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
xdohx xrolleyesx xlolx Yeah, I noticed that the Southland winner tends to make the trip to Montana for the playoffs quite often...what's up with that? xreadx

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Regionalization and the fact the SLC champ as of late has not been particularly strong while Montana has the $$$ and/or seed to host.

BEAR
February 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Regionalization and the fact the SLC champ as of late has not been particularly strong while Montana has the $$$ and/or seed to host.

Well, hopefully the conference has gotten a little stronger now another school or two has joined the conference (uca and lamar). Regionalization does help with the economics for traveling schools. I guess UCA fans will have to step up the giving so the program can travel if they get to go to the playoffs next year. No better time to start saving than now! xthumbsupx

McNeese75
February 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Well, hopefully the conference has gotten a little stronger now another school or two has joined the conference (uca and lamar). Regionalization does help with the economics for traveling schools. I guess UCA fans will have to step up the giving so the program can travel if they get to go to the playoffs next year. No better time to start saving than now! xthumbsupx

xrolleyesx NCAA pays for the team to travel. You might want to start saving for your own traveling expenses and if it doesn't work out, well then you are just that much ahead for Christmas xwhistlex

KleinTx05
February 16th, 2009, 12:09 AM
TEXAS SCHOOLS.....PWND.

Arkansas Schools .... DUMB!!! xnodx xlolx xwhistlex

txphi592
February 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Did he just say PWND?

http://news.gotgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/south-park-wow.jpg

UCABEARS75
February 16th, 2009, 09:24 AM
C'mon y'all. Grow up.

UCA wasn't eligible for the CC, so when the Southland Conference awarded the championship to TxSt, some UCA fans lashed out as TxSt, saying that we shouldn't be "claiming" a championship. TxSt wasn't claiming anything, the CC was awarded to us, since we had the best overall record of eligible teams. It's a bad deal the whole way around, but what do you want TxSt to do? Talking trash just makes you look petty.

Absolutely agree.

Now, thrash talking (reasonalbe banter anyway) about results on the field is another thing.

There are valid reasons why teams have to go through a transitional phase and we knew it going in. UCA fans do not need to be worried about why we could not go to playoffs, be declared champions, etc. as this was pre-determined.

However, I do not agree that we are simply "playing for fun" as these games the past three years will influence what happens in the future through recruiting, fan support, scheduling, etc.

El Gato
February 16th, 2009, 01:47 PM
This whole thread has gotten ridiculous, and seems alot more like smack than any discussion of FCS Discussion substance.

McNeese75
February 16th, 2009, 09:15 PM
This whole thread has gotten ridiculous, and seems alot more like smack than any discussion of FCS Discussion substance.

I agree, sounds like a Bobcatfans football thread :D xpeacex

Mod11
February 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
GATO MIGHT BE RIGHT MAYBE THIS THREAD NEEDS TO MOVE TO SMACK

KEEP THE SMACK OUT OK SO I WON'T NEED TO CLOSE OR MOVE IT

bobcatfan06
March 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM

I'm embarrassed that you have the same degree I do. You must have definitely failed freshman English. What a poor, poor use of the English language.