PDA

View Full Version : FCS School wanted for home game...

mizzoufan1
February 12th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Missouri has an OPEN date in their schedule (weekend of September 19th). If you are a school that would like to Mizzou's FCS Walk...er Opponent for that weekend, please contact the Mizzou Football office at (573)882-2213.

Thank you! (and yes that is a REAL phone number)

MSUBear42
February 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
If you weren't Pansies, you could play us.

It wouldn't be a game in football, but it just makes sense to play the game every season. Mizzou, espicially, should like it! I mean, what other FCS school would bring 20,000 fans up to Columbia?

coover
February 12th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Be careful for what you wish for because you just might GET it.

PaladinFan
February 12th, 2009, 04:20 PM
This isn't a board full of athletic directors.

nmatsen
February 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
If you weren't Pansies, you could play us.

It wouldn't be a game in football, but it just makes sense to play the game every season. Mizzou, espicially, should like it! I mean, what other FCS school would bring 20,000 fans up to Columbia?

*****, you guys can't get 10,000 to your stadium, and are barely ready to play teams in your own conference. What makes you think you could win a game in the big XII?

MSUBear42
February 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Where the hell did you get that at?

Do you know how many closet Mizzou fans MSU has? Truth be told, Mizzou has offered to play us before but would pay us $100,000 less than what K-State, OK-State, and Arkansas pay us.

That said, i dont WANT it to happen.

Cocky
February 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
We will play you next year. We have a full slate this year.

mizzoufan1
February 14th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I am sure that if (Southwest) Missouri State wanted to play in Columbia, I'm fairly certain that it could be arranged...

That being said...I wish the Mizzou AD would stop dragging it's feet on this particular bit...it is getting a little rediculous...

crunifan
February 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I would love if UNI played Missouri. We play Iowa next season, but in the future the Tigers would make a great (and quite possibly winnable) game for UNI.

Wildcat80
February 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
If it was earlier I think UNH would have had interest in this. But we wanted a 9/5 game....

aceinthehole
February 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Missouri has an OPEN date in their schedule (weekend of September 19th). If you are a school that would like to Mizzou's FCS Walk...er Opponent for that weekend, please contact the Mizzou Football office at (573)882-2213.

Thank you! (and yes that is a REAL phone number)

Call Central Connecticut State!!

If you are willing to schedule a non-counter, I'm pretty sure we are willing to take the $$$ for a game. We played at Western Michigan as a non-counter 2 years ago.

www.ccsubluedevils.com

CrazyCat
February 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Eastern Washington could move the Northern Colorado game. This is not a knock on their current situation but if you can't make the playoffs, why not make some money?

mizzoufan1
February 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
The Furman Paladins will be coming to Columbia September 19th, 2009 for a one game date with the Missouri Tigers.

Thank you all for your responses (some were rather amusing!).

GO MIZZOU!

DFW HOYA
February 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
So are Patriot schools the only playoff eligible teams not scheduling I-A games? xconfusedx