10/17/09 Hofstra Kingston, R.I. TBA
10/24/09 Villanova Philadelphia, Pa. TBA
10/31/09 William & Mary Kingston, R.I. TBA
11/7/09 New Hampshire Durham, N.H. TBA
11/14/09 Maine Orono, Maine TBA
11/21/09 Northeastern Kingston, R.I. TBA

JMU Newbill
February 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM
No JMU again this year.... I guess we are due to play you in 2010.

dgreco
February 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I was hoping we would of seen Bryant in one of the first two weeks they had open =/

89Hen
February 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Fordham, UConn and Brown.... seems about right. Good slate. xthumbsupx

Hate the CAA
February 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I think you guys will be much better this year. 2nd year in new offense with transfers coming in and making a difference immediately.

Rizzi is an alum so he is going to work his a*s off to turn the program.

MplsBison
February 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Is it just me or does this strike anyone as a schedule that required little, if any effort out of URI's athletic director?

You have Brown, which is an automatic game.

You have UConn, which picked URI as the easiest of the New England FCS state flagship schools.

And you have Fordham, which is in the A10 with URI for bball.

danefan
February 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Is it just me or does this strike anyone as a schedule that required little, if any effort out of URI's athletic director?

You have UConn, which picked URI as the easiest of the New England FCS state flagship schools.

Looks to me like Northeastern, this schedule was made to reduce travel costs.

Monarch History
February 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what the second year under Rizzi looks like. I think he is going to turn things around for you guys.xnodx

andy7171
February 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM

You only have 3 games to play with in the CAA. If you have a local rivalry and a annual FBS, you only have one game left. CAA-PL is not an odd OOC scheduling thing, since we are in the same geographic region.

Cobblestone
February 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I was hoping we would of seen Bryant in one of the first two weeks they had open =/

So was I. I'm hoping that in 2010 that URI, Brown and Bryant are all on each other's schedules.

Cobblestone
February 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I think you guys will be much better this year. 2nd year in new offense with transfers coming in and making a difference immediately.

Rizzi is an alum so he is going to work his a*s off to turn the program.

Agree on all points. Rizzi is a hard@$$ and a hard worker.

Cobblestone
February 11th, 2009, 01:19 PM

ummm. There are only two. xeyebrowx

MplsBison
February 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM
You only have 3 games to play with in the CAA. If you have a local rivalry and a annual FBS, you only have one game left. CAA-PL is not an odd OOC scheduling thing, since we are in the same geographic region.

I didn't question any of the games themselves. They're fine.

I just always hear about how much work it is for our AD to try and find games. Calling up teams for all over the country and so on.

This schedule just seems like he could've rolled out of bed, accepted the FBS offer from UConn, did nothing for the auto game with Brown and then scheduled the game with Fordham over a salad at an A10 luncheon.

wideright82
February 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cobble, let me know if you end up at the Nova game. I'll make a playlist especially for you including nothing but Kraftwerk!

wideright82
February 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I didn't question any of the games themselves. They're fine.

I just always hear about how much work it is for our AD to try and find games. Calling up teams for all over the country and so on.

This schedule just seems like he could've rolled out of bed, accepted the FBS offer from UConn, did nothing for the auto game with Brown and then scheduled the game with Fordham over a salad at an A10 luncheon.

Villanova's has an easier time for football. Penn, Lehigh....... Locks. Now we just got a 5 year series vs. Temple. Welp were done now. All that's left is to figure out what time to play.

Cobblestone
February 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Well if you can tell him to get us a road game with CCU then my bags will be packed.

As for Brown, they are the only game we have as a traditional rivalry. BOTH schools want that game to remain on the schedule.

UCONN is doing what BC is and making the rounds of New England FCS teams. With the distance between the 2 schools being as short as it is, NOT taking a game that close with an FBS team would have been a less than smart move.

Fordham is in the A-10 with URI for basketball...yeah?? so what??

This schedule was made with travel costs in mind before anything else. The only thing I'd have done differently would be to add a game with Bryant.

Cobblestone
February 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Cobble, let me know if you end up at the Nova game. I'll make a playlist especially for you including nothing but Kraftwerk!

xlolx

I'll see what I can do. But you'll have to throw in some Dropkick Murphys songs along with Kraftwerk.

MplsBison
February 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Well if you can tell him to get us a road game with CCU then my bags will be packed.

As for Brown, they are the only game we have as a traditional rivalry. BOTH schools want that game to remain on the schedule.

UCONN is doing what BC is and making the rounds of New England FCS teams. With the distance between the 2 schools being as short as it is, NOT taking a game that close with an FBS team would have been a less than smart move.

Fordham is in the A-10 with URI for basketball...yeah?? so what??

This schedule was made with travel costs in mind before anything else. The only thing I'd have done differently would be to add a game with Bryant.

You clearly didn't understand the intent of my post. See wideright's post.

wideright82
February 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
xlolx

I'll see what I can do. But you'll have to throw in some Dropkick Murphys songs along with Kraftwerk.

Oh sweet jesus. Ok I can do that. I don't hate them. Not my cup o tea but I'll do it for ya.