PDA

View Full Version : Caainsider-position rankings

Wildcat80
February 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.caainsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5169&Itemid=356

Wildcat80
February 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Colbert from PA ranked at DE.

Wildcat80
February 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I really like our Chris Houston CB from Pa too. Scout has him as a 3 star! My guess is he's shorter than 5"11"....but if good he can play in the CAA. Should be a surprise.

EmeryZach
February 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Thad seems to think UMass had a bad recruiting year.

Maroon&White
February 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
He thinks every CAA North team did.

mainejeff
February 10th, 2009, 01:19 PM
He thinks every CAA North team did.

LOL.......Yeah, considering that recruiting at this level is such a crap shoot......he does seem to blow off the Northern teams' recruiting a bit more than he probably should. That being said, this does seem to be a bit of a "down" year for UMass recruiting. I think that some of this has to do with the lack of talent in the New England (MA in particular) high school ranks. I think that is why it was a great year for Maine to recruit the Mid-Atlantic so hard.

Maroon&White
February 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
What are you basing UMass having a down year in recruiting? They filled all the positions they had needs, mostly among the defense. Also brought in another QB to compete for the starting job. Just like every team, it will probably take a few years to see how good or bad this class was.

JMU Newbill
February 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Pretty good article. He seems to think JMU did a good job of recruiting... and quite frankly... I hope he is right!

One things for sure... Delaware sure did find some big boys to plant on their o-line.

dennisdent
February 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Peter Rose is going to prison:

http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/crime/article/ex-va._tech_football_recruit_convicted_faces_prison/28397/

I wonder how many other errors are in his "rankings."xnonox

Tribe4SF
February 10th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Thaddeus Reed's "rankings" are a joke. Peter Rose is going to prison:

http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/crime/article/ex-va._tech_football_recruit_convicted_faces_prison/28397/

I wonder how many other errors are in his "rankings."xnonox

So the whole world was mistaken that Rose intended to go to UMass? xrolleyesx

mainejeff
February 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
What are you basing UMass having a down year in recruiting? They filled all the positions they had needs, mostly among the defense. Also brought in another QB to compete for the starting job. Just like every team, it will probably take a few years to see how good or bad this class was.

I agree that it will take a few years to know the answers in regard to EVERY team's recruiting class. However, wouldn't you agree that not EVERY UMass recruiting class can be (or has been) a "good" recruiting class?

th0m
February 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
So many ODU players listed... Very intrigued to see how the Monarch program will turn out in a couple of seasons!

JMU Newbill
February 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I still contend ODU is going to drastically change the recruiting efforts of JMU, UR, WM, and even tech and UVA. Even if they end up stinking it up (which I doubt), they still are based in one of the most talent rich areas in the state... maybe even in the east. They are going to take atleast a couple big name recruits from us each year.

JmuSkinsfan
February 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
JMU had an excellent recruiting class without a single player from the Va Beach area. Granted, it is a gold mine, but come on...JMU at least will be just fine without it.

Maroon&White
February 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
However, wouldn't you agree that not EVERY UMass recruiting class can be (or has been) a "good" recruiting class?

xconfusedx You lost me on what you are talking about.

mainejeff
February 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
xconfusedx You lost me on what you are talking about.

Aren't you contending that UMass had a "good" recruiting class?xconfusedx

If so......when was the last "bad" UMass recruiting class?xconfusedx

Maroon&White
February 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM
No I wasn't. I asked what are you using to judge UMass as having a down year in recruiting.

I personally wouldn't judge a freshmen class until they are in the program a few years. Only way I might have an opinion on an incoming recruit is if I've seen them play in HS. Even then, in my view it still takes a few years to judge how good the class was.

mainejeff
February 11th, 2009, 12:52 AM
No I wasn't. I asked what are you using to judge UMass as having a down year in recruiting.

I personally wouldn't judge a freshmen class until they are in the program a few years. Only way I might have an opinion on an incoming recruit is if I've seen them play in HS. Even then, in my view it still takes a few years to judge how good the class was.

I guess that you may want to skip threads about recruiting then.......don't know what to tell you. xoopsx

Maroon&White
February 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Could you just answer the question I asked you?

mainejeff
February 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Could you just answer the question I asked you?

Can you ask me again.........xconfusedx

Maroon&White
February 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM
WOW.

What are you basing UMass having a down year in recruiting?

mainejeff
February 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
WOW.

You win......UMass has their best recruiting class EVER!!!!!!!!

Maroon&White
February 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Geez. I'm not trying to argue one way or another. Just wanted to know why you don't consider UMass' recruiting class to be that good.

mainejeff
February 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Geez. I'm not trying to argue one way or another. Just wanted to know why you don't consider UMass' recruiting class to be that good.

Somehow, I don't think it matters what I say........;)

Maroon&White
February 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
You are simply amazing. I had absolutely no problem with you saying you thought UMass had an off year in recruiting. None at all. I was simply asking for you to elaborate. I wouldn't have even cared if you said you just don't like UMass. I just wanted to know how you came to your conclusion about UMass' recruiting class.

Yet for some reason you continually refuse to say WHY you think UMass had a bad year in recruiting. Is it really that hard of a question to answer?

mainejeff
February 12th, 2009, 01:29 AM
You are simply amazing. I had absolutely no problem with you saying you thought UMass had an off year in recruiting. None at all. I was simply asking for you to elaborate. I wouldn't have even cared if you said you just don't like UMass. I just wanted to know how you came to your conclusion about UMass' recruiting class.

Yet for some reason you continually refuse to say WHY you think UMass had a bad year in recruiting. Is it really that hard of a question to answer?

You know that I don't do the CAAInsider rankings.....right?

URMite
February 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Maybe Jeff meant there was only 1 UMass recruit mentioned in the link, or maybe he read this http://www.caainsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5173&Itemid=356
But I think he was saying CAAinsider didn't seem to think much of this year's Umass class. Now why he couldn't tell you that, I don't know. Just wanted to get the thread moving again...

umassfan
February 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
It doesnt matter because the writer is all over Delawares nutz... Maybe KC "Too Cool" is the writer for CAAInsider.

Husky Alum
February 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I agree that it will take a few years to know the answers in regard to EVERY team's recruiting class. However, wouldn't you agree that not EVERY UMass recruiting class can be (or has been) a "good" recruiting class?

Well it depends, since UMass will wind up with 20,000 transfers from UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, etc. shouldn't we evaluate their recruits as well, then infer how many UMass will get?

We should also see how many QB's the Big 10 and Big East schools got and see who may wind up at Delaware.

Tribe4SF
February 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Well it depends, since UMass will wind up with 20,000 transfers from UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, etc. shouldn't we evaluate their recruits as well, then infer how many UMass will get?

We should also see how many QB's the Big 10 and Big East schools got and see who may wind up at Delaware.

xlolx Delaware fans actually speculate about that, and not just about QBs. Some of them consider the entire Pitt class as potential future Hens.:D

Uncle Buck
February 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
So much can change from one year to the next with a kid. Some of the good players don't continue to develop, then some of the kids you peg as good reserves, grow into great players. I put little stock into these things.

The real gem is when you have a coach that can land big talent that hasn't shown up yet. You get a kid that nobody is serious about, then all of a sudden you have an all-america candidate on your hands.

jmufan999
February 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
You get a kid that nobody is serious about, then all of a sudden you have an all-america candidate on your hands.

i read today on caazone (can't vouch for the accuracy of this statement) that Rodney Landers was a 1-star recruit as an ATH out of high school.

proves my point yet again: how many stars a guy gets is just one random guy's opinion, that for some unknown reason is heralded as gospel by many who have never even met this person or know anything about their credentials.

edit: Uncle Buck, that wasn't directed at you at all. just a general comment about "stars", i realize you didn't mention stars. just making a point.

Wildcat80
February 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Another possible surprise signee by UNH. Anyone picked to the Pa Big 33 game is good. Our class is looking better every day. Signed a DL out of ohio this week too.

http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1235093106210100.xml&coll=1