PDA

View Full Version : Fordham Fball Coach Resigns

jimbo65
November 22nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Fordham Head Football Coach Ed Foley announced his reignation yesterday. His 2004 record was 5-6 while going 2-9 in 2005. The 2005 season ended with losses to Lehigh & Albany at a combined score of 81-3.

Fordham is to conduct a national search for a head coach. Lets hope we can find another Coach Clawson somewhere.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Fordham Head Football Coach Ed Foley announced his reignation yesterday. His 2004 record was 5-6 while going 2-9 in 2005. The 2005 season ended with losses to Lehigh & Albany at a combined score of 81-3.

Fordham is to conduct a national search for a head coach. Lets hope we can find another Coach Clawson somewhere.

Well congrats Fordham. I always thought Foley was a flake, even though some Fordham people did not agree coaching was the reason they were tanking this year. Following the Lafayette game last year, he even seemed a bit indifferent and flakey when talking to the media by pretty much admitting we were better and how it was "funny that it had always been the other way around the past few years." First time I heard a tone like his... no embarassment, anger, fustration? Didn't see any of that. But granted, I'm not that close to the everyday situation.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Hope Fordham gets back into the Patriot League elite soon. At least Tim Landis had the excuse of an incredble amount of players going down with injuries. Foley's teams unfortunately suffered by a real lack of creativity offensively. Tough to go 2-9 after expecting to contend for the league title in August.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Not really shocked. I was at Fordham for our game and was stunned at how we ripped through the Rams. I expected a fight for at least the first half. Then when I heard the Albany score, I figured something was going to happen. Seems like the players quit...Just an impression, but that's my take.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Not really shocked. I was at Fordham for our game and was stunned at how we ripped through the Rams. I expected a fight for at least the first half. Then when I heard the Albany score, I figured something was going to happen. Seems like the players quit...Just an impression, but that's my take.

Maybe, maybe not.. Fordham was a much better team last year and they only beat Albany 14-0. Maybe the Danes got their number.. but 41-0 is a bit odd.

colgate13
November 23rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Maybe, maybe not.. Fordham was a much better team last year and they only beat Albany 14-0. Maybe the Danes got their number.. but 41-0 is a bit odd.

41-0 is giving up on the season IMO, or maybe making a statement to be sure Foley was gone. It is very hard to shut out a team completely. Albany is not that good they should be able to blank Fordham. We did it and it was not easy.