PDA

View Full Version : UNH's Devine to Boston College

UNHCATSFAN
February 9th, 2009, 10:32 AM
He is on his way to Boston College to be the O-line coach down there. Its a geat move for him being hes one of the best around as an offensive line coach, IMO. What do you fellow fans think about this? UNH fan or not.

unhfan1
February 9th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Best of luck to Coach Devine. I think he is ideally suited for that position. Looking forward to a fresh start at the OC position at UNH.

UNH SUPERFAN
February 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Wow, this is bad news for Wildcat fans everywhere!! Coach "Devo", from my observation of him, was a GREAT O-Line coach and a good guy. He will be missed by the UNH football program, that's for sure, but good luck to him!

It must have been 2002, the Wildcat's last game of the year up in Maine, UNH was not a good football team at that point and we got beat pretty badly by them. As a parent of UNH players I wondered at that point if we would ever have a consistently winning team. After the game Coach Devine was walking to the team bus when I approached him to thank him for the season and wish him well until next year. He said in our conversation something like "we ARE going to be a good team soon, don't worry" which certainly rang hollow at the time, but as we know turned out to be on the mark. I'll never forget the conviction in his voice when he made that remark.

Good luck, Coach Devine!!

Wildcat80
February 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
He was the next logical UNH coach after Kelly to move on. I think we might have a OC on staff-Cramsey. But not sure about OL. Might need to get an up and comer from D-3. Every move is an opportunity to get better. There are better young coaches out there. Just have to find them.

smcwildcat
February 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
cramsey most likely will be new OC

UNH 40
February 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
This is a major blow to the UNH program. Not only was coach Divine an unbelievable coach but perhaps even more importantly he was an outstanding recruiting coordinator for UNH. I was fortunate enough to have Devo as a defensive line coach position coach my redshirt sophomore year at UNH, the dedication, emotion and attention to small details rubbed off on every player in the program and it went a long way in turning around the UNH football program.

As a former player at UNH I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity he gave me to step on the field each day with a purpose, and I wish him the best of luck he will be sorely missed by future, present and former UNH Wildcat football player alike.

Mark my words in 2-3 years he will be an OC of either BC or another FBS college football program.

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Congrats to Coach Devine. One of the hardest working, brighest, nicest guys I've ever met. I'm sure he'll be sucsessful at BC. He will be missed in Durham.

If you haven't noticed I'm a little bit of a fan of the O-Line

VT Wildcat Fan53
February 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Great opportunity for a fine young man and outstanding coach. UNH will miss him, but more importantly, UNH and HC McDonnell can be proud of the movement onward and upward by their coaches in the last few years, ... Devo, Chip Kelly, John Perry (HC at Merrimack), ....

UNH will be just fine--don't worry.

Gotta love those White Mules, huh?