Oct 3 at Stony Brook
Oct 10 at Old Dominion
Oct 17 --OPEN--
Oct 24 VMI (Homecoming)
Oct 31 at Liberty
Nov 7 Charleston Southern
Nov 14 at Coastal Carolina
Nov 21 Gardner-Webb

Bucking for the SoCon ain't we PC?! ha!!! Best of luck.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TexasTerror
February 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Way to step it up, PC! Strong OOC slate for a program on the move...

Reign of Terrier
February 7th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Presbyterian College 2009 Football Schedule

Sept 5 at Furman
Sept 12 Elon
Sept 19 Chattanooga
Sept 26 at The Citadel
Oct 3 at Stony Brook
Oct 10 at Old Dominion
Oct 17 --OPEN--
Oct 24 VMI (Homecoming)
Oct 31 at Liberty
Nov 21 Gardner-Webb

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

So do they expect to start 0-4?:Dxwhistlex

UNHWildCats
February 7th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I could see a 2-2 start there.

PaladinFan
February 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Presby has played what seems like four SoCon foes every year.

Reign of Terrier
February 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM

I don't see them beating anybody but possibly Chattanooga.

catamount man
February 7th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Sept 5 at Furman
Sept 12 Elon
Sept 19 Chattanooga
Sept 26 at The Citadel
Oct 3 at Stony Brook
Oct 10 at Old Dominion
Oct 17 --OPEN--
Oct 24 VMI (Homecoming)
Oct 31 at Liberty
Nov 21 Gardner-Webb

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

No smack, but an 0-5 start wouldn't shock me. Stony Brook is not bad at all. I could see PC however winning 5 of the last 6.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
February 7th, 2009, 11:48 AM
No smack, but an 0-5 start wouldn't shock me. Stony Brook is not bad at all. I could see PC however winning 5 of the last 6.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I agree. I believe PC has turned over just about all of their coaching staff which certainly doesn't make it any easier.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I see a 1-3 start. I think Chatty will be pretty bad this year.

Ivytalk
February 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM

Sept 5 at Episcopalians
Sept 12 Quakers
Sept 19 Catholics
Sept 26 at Mormons
Oct 3 at Methodists
Oct 10 at Sikhs (London)
Oct 17 --OPEN--
Oct 24 Jews (Homecoming)
Oct 31 at Unitarians
Nov 7 Baptists, Southern
Nov 14 at Mennonites
Nov 21 Eastern Orthodox

Very ecumenical schedule!xcoolx;)

Reign of Terrier
February 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Very ecumenical schedule!xcoolx;)

No, Elon is the "fighting Christians", Furman is Baptist, and Wofford's not on the schedule so they won't be playing Methodists

whoanellie
February 7th, 2009, 06:05 PM
actually Elon was founded by former New England Congregational Church thus the old nickname "Fight'n Christians" Guilford Quakers 0 miles west

elcid83
February 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM

Hope you're not including The Citadel as a W.

Go Bulldogs!

Monarch History
February 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I'm looking forward to playing Presbyterian next October 10th in Old Dominion's inaugural season at Foreman Field.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
February 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Presby beat Liberty who beat Elon who beat Citadel... is it totally out of the rhelm of possibility for Presby to beat Citadel???? i think not.

UNHWildCats
February 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Presby beat Liberty who beat Elon who beat Citadel... is it totally out of the rhelm of possibility for Presby to beat Citadel???? i think not.
I guess using this theory too a 3-1 start is possible too. Heck 4-0 Baby!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Reign of Terrier
February 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM
sorry, I've seen PC play. They won't beat Elon (for god's sake they killed last season), they won't be The Citadel (they return a lot and the Citadel was better last year IMO). They might beat Chatty. The only way Furman will lose is if the coaching staff screws up (which happens often now a days).

kirkblitz
February 8th, 2009, 01:04 AM
10-1 with the one loss to ccu :D:D:D

EagleDawg
February 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Uh, I'd make that no better than 9-2. The Runnin Bulldogs of GWU are most likely to chew up some BlueHose. The GWU D is gonna be a Special Unit this season and the O with better depth at the OL and a few less mistakes can move it up and down the field with the best of them in the Big South.

PaladinFan
February 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
sorry, I've seen PC play. They won't beat Elon (for god's sake they killed last season), they won't be The Citadel (they return a lot and the Citadel was better last year IMO). They might beat Chatty. The only way Furman will lose is if the coaching staff screws up (which happens often now a days).

I don't think the Hose will stay within three touchdowns of Furman.

bulldogdad
February 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
PC will have to adjust to a new offense. Curious to see if it will be the triple option?

Hoseinexile07
February 9th, 2009, 07:37 AM
A. We'll probably get mauled this season. But that's OK. We have a coach who actually knows what it takes to win at this level. Other staff members, one in particular, told me that he felt Bentley's defensive strategy was holding the team back. Now Bentley's gone and we have an experienced coach at the helm. This will only help us for future seasons.

B. My sources tell me that we will not be running the triple option this year, but an offense that is similar, minus throwing the ball on second and one, to what we've run over the past two seasons. We can move the ball with the athletes we have now, and the only thing that stopped us from scoring in the redzone were stupid, gimmick, trickeration calls a la Bentley. Nichols doesn't roll that way.

C. I don't know what's going to happen with our defense, but it will be better after this season. We actually have size on both lines, the lack of which killed us last season.

D. PC football is here to stay, and although we're the underdogs in most games we play, we've always been that way and that's what makes us potentially dangerous. Just ask Liberty. And even with all our malfunctions, the Western and Coastal games were both incredibly close last year. I know neither of them are national title contenders, but they're both established football programs. PC's foray into I-AA football has hit a bunch of snags, but we're not going to patsy out and play pushover teams. We're going to schedule the big boys because that's what we want to become, and given time and stability at the head coaching position, we will be.

PaladinFan
February 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I, along with others I think, agree that PC isn't backing down from anyone. I'm not sad to see Bentley go. He certainly ruffled a few Furman feathers with that blog he had.

Does your point B mean to suggest the wing-t? Still a popular offense at the high school level (at least the high schools I watch), but not exactly the rage in college football.

Hoseinexile07
February 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I, along with others I think, agree that PC isn't backing down from anyone. I'm not sad to see Bentley go. He certainly ruffled a few Furman feathers with that blog he had.

Does your point B mean to suggest the wing-t? Still a popular offense at the high school level (at least the high schools I watch), but not exactly the rage in college football.

No, according to my sources we'll be running an offense that incorporates a lot of the elements of the past two years.

Libertine
February 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
So you're only throwing on first, third and fourth downs this year? xsmiley_wix

Hoseinexile07
February 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Have you SEEN our new running back???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEa5-mT5ug

xthumbsupx

Libertine
February 9th, 2009, 01:37 PM
No, but I've seen our new linebacker.

http://liberty.edgeboss.net/wmedia/liberty/athletics/09_recruits.wvx

Jump ahead to 16:10.

xrotatehx

elon77
February 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
A. We'll probably get mauled this season. But that's OK. We have a coach who actually knows what it takes to win at this level. Other staff members, one in particular, told me that he felt Bentley's defensive strategy was holding the team back. Now Bentley's gone and we have an experienced coach at the helm. This will only help us for future seasons.

B. My sources tell me that we will not be running the triple option this year, but an offense that is similar, minus throwing the ball on second and one, to what we've run over the past two seasons. We can move the ball with the athletes we have now, and the only thing that stopped us from scoring in the redzone were stupid, gimmick, trickeration calls a la Bentley. Nichols doesn't roll that way.

C. I don't know what's going to happen with our defense, but it will be better after this season. We actually have size on both lines, the lack of which killed us last season.

D. PC football is here to stay, and although we're the underdogs in most games we play, we've always been that way and that's what makes us potentially dangerous. Just ask Liberty. And even with all our malfunctions, the Western and Coastal games were both incredibly close last year. I know neither of them are national title contenders, but they're both established football programs. PC's foray into I-AA football has hit a bunch of snags, but we're not going to patsy out and play pushover teams. We're going to schedule the big boys because that's what we want to become, and given time and stability at the head coaching position, we will be.

Remember what happened to Elon last year when they went to Lynchburg? You also might be getting them the week before they play Wake, so anything is possible.

Appfan_in_CAAland
February 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM

PC can have App's spot, unless that's reserved for Lenior-Rhyne

gobluehose1
February 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM
No, according to my sources we'll be running an offense that incorporates a lot of the elements of the past two years.

From talking to several of the coaches at the press conference last week, I'd say that we are going to run some sort of hybrid run/pass offense.....like Florida, except on a much less athletic scale....lots of motion utilizing good athletes and a good sized QB who has a good arm and is tough

kirkblitz
February 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Have you SEEN our new running back???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEa5-mT5ug

xthumbsupx

he'll put up 1000 yards on our crap run D

Keeper
February 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
xeekx
GOOD GRIEF, that Lance Byrd can "fly".
Speaking of RB's will leading rusher Worrell be back?
He was a junior but is not listed on the 09 roster.
I know he was suspended one game in November, but no other news since.

Hoseinexile07
February 10th, 2009, 07:30 AM
xeekx
GOOD GRIEF, that Lance Byrd can "fly".
Speaking of RB's will leading rusher Worrell be back?
He was a junior but is not listed on the 09 roster.
I know he was suspended one game in November, but no other news since.

Worrell isn't on the team anymore. That's all I know.