PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Souths Caldwell named new head caoch as North Greenville

CSUBUCDAD
February 7th, 2009, 05:15 AM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2009/feb/07/chadwell_coach_crusaders70999/

Hate to see him go, but wish him the best. He is a fine man and will make a great head coach.

catamount man
February 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Seems like a class act. Hope he does well at NGU. That is one pretty campus and that football stadium is NICE!

g-webb1994
February 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM
They have a sweet little stadium down in Tigerville, really am surprised they haven't made a bigger push to get into the D-2 South Atlantic Conference, it would be a real good fit for them IMO.

catamount man
February 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
They have a sweet little stadium down in Tigerville, really am surprised they haven't made a bigger push to get into the D-2 South Atlantic Conference, it would be a real good fit for them IMO.

Current SAC leadership doesn't want them at this point in time.

BJuice
February 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Coach Chadwell will be missed. He is a very good coach and an excellent recruiter. He will do well at North Greenville. I wish him the best.

I have already talked to one of the recruits that they have recently signed and he and his family are very excited.

I know Coach Mills will fill the position with a quality individual that will keep the recruiting and the program heading in the right direction.

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats Coach Chadwell! And best of all, you get your old stomping grounds every other year. Should make the rivalry an even bigger contest and aid in keeping it going home-and-home for years to come due to how close the coaching staffs are...

bigSfan89
February 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM
a successful program gets some attention, so good people will be offered opportunities to entice them away. I believe that CSU has played NGU since NGU started DII football. Caldwell at NGU will make our CSU vs. NGU games much more interesting. He's in our heads. Just guessing but bet Coach Mills is proud of his understudy.

Some quotes from NGU web site:

“We looked high and low for just the right person that could fit North Greenville University,” Epting said. “Our mission statement here is a commitment to quality education and a biblically sound, Christ centered environment, so not just any person could fit at North Greenville.”
After expressing that he was not actually looking to leave CSU, Chadwell said a door was opened and that it was a good fit for him. He said his experience at a sister school has prepared him for North Greenville. However, the sentiments of the day did not stop him from getting into football strategy.
'Chadwell plans on running an up-tempo, no huddle style offense that will blend the spread, used famously by Texas Tech, and the option, ..... Both schemes are considered difficult to defend.'
“We’re going to try to get the ball in space and see what [our players] can do,” Chadwell said. Chadwell comes to NGU after spending the last five years at Charleston Southern University, CSU’s 28 wins over the last four years is tied for first in the Big South Conference" the BOLD is mine