PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for the Bull City: NCCU vs Duke in 2009

WileECoyote06
February 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Friday, Feb 6, 2009

Duke and North Carolina Central to meet on gridiron

Mike Potter and Bryan Strickland
The Herald Sun

DURHAM -- Durham's two universities will have an historic first meeting on the gridiron this fall.

Informed sources at Duke and North Carolina Central Universities, all speaking on condition of anonymity, have told The Herald-Sun that the Blue Devils will host the Eagles at Wallace Wade Stadium in their first meeting in football this coming season.

An official announcement on the game is coming today, the sources said.

No date has yet been released for the game, but allowing for 2009 schedule dates already released by Duke and NCCU opponents it will almost certainly be either Sept. 26 or Oct. 3.

DSUrocks07
February 6th, 2009, 07:20 AM
hopefully there are no "overtones" for this matchup...go eagles!

WileECoyote06
February 6th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I know the Iron Dukes better rally their faithful. I also hope there are no ticket restrictions, but I doubt it. I'm thinking they may give us about a thousand tickets.

DSUrocks07
February 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
They are gonna get smoked.

JMU better hope so xwhistlex xlolx

DFW HOYA
February 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I know the Iron Dukes better rally their faithful. I also hope there are no ticket restrictions, but I doubt it. I'm thinking they may give us about a thousand tickets.

Duke averaged about 27,000 a game for non-conference games last year. NCCU fans will be able to get tickets.

spdram
February 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
The Spiders will see about "softening them up" for you on September 5. No doubt they will be stoked for us, after all we're coming in as defending NC's AND we shut them out in their own house last time we played.

Bring 'em on!!!