GaSouthern
February 6th, 2009, 07:24 AM
deleted

OL FU
February 6th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'll pass:p

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 6th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Behold - GSU's offense for the Chris Hatcher era.

GaSouthern
February 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'll pass:p

I think you'd like the first 30 seconds or so! the into might even have more purple than blue. but after the music changes go ahead and turn it off, it is all blue and white after that.

I'm still having a problem getting the high quality version to work, should have it up tonight though.

PaladinFan
February 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
worst game Furman played all year.

blueballs
February 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM
worst game Furman played all year.

...which is odd given the circumstances. I really thought GSU was gonna be in trouble that day, what with FU having a good homecoming crowd and playing for a possible playoff berth against a big rival.

That's why they play the games, 'cause you sure as heck can't figure out what 18-22 YO's are going to do.

eaglewithabus
February 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I enjoyed the video. I hated that this was a game I had to miss this past season. Chapple was very impressive.

Laserlips
February 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYFbBE4eyAQ

xthumbsupx Fresh off the press!

Great, thanks!xthumbsupx

Jesse

PaladinFan
February 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
...which is odd given the circumstances. I really thought GSU was gonna be in trouble that day, what with FU having a good homecoming crowd and playing for a possible playoff berth against a big rival.

That's why they play the games, 'cause you sure as heck can't figure out what 18-22 YO's are going to do.

wasn't homecoming. It was a big game. Very frustrating as I think Furman's defense played well enough to win but Furman's offense continued their slide that really took up much of the second half of the season.

It was dissapointing as the playoffs were just out of reach and we dropped the ball. But, as they say, thems the breaks. We kept y'all out the year before. Makes a great rivalry.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
wasn't homecoming. It was a big game. Very frustrating as I think Furman's defense played well enough to win but Furman's offense continued their slide that really took up much of the second half of the season.

It was dissapointing as the playoffs were just out of reach and we dropped the ball. But, as they say, thems the breaks. We kept y'all out the year before. Makes a great rivalry.

I think your team deserves a bit more credit than that. I don't think your coaches were expecting us to throw the ball 45 times in the game and I don't think they expected us to blitz as aggressively as we did on D.

Another point about your offense is that pretty much all of your skill position players other than Sorrells are freshmen. You are going to have to expect inconsistancies on offense. GSU has certainly dealt with that recently.

blueballs
February 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
wasn't homecoming. It was a big game.

You're right, it was the 20th reunion of your 1988 NC team.

I remembered it being a big weekend at Furman so I defaulted to homecoming. Thanks for jogging my memory.

terrierbob
February 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM
GaSouthern: Have the Wofford video?

GaSouthern
February 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
GaSouthern: Have the Wofford video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljmN-4YVhA

Reign of Terrier
February 6th, 2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljmN-4YVhA

no no no. The one where WE win but otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/user/woffordathletics

GaSouthern
February 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
LISTEN, i've gone to way too many counceling sessions for you to remind me of woffords recent success against us. :) At least I still get to see the triple option win!

Reign of Terrier
February 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
And from the looks of things you'll be seeing the Air-raid offense win too. Isn't is ironic that 5 years ago if you said that GSU was going to pass 50 times a game you'd be laughed at!

PaladinFan
February 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I think your team deserves a bit more credit than that. I don't think your coaches were expecting us to throw the ball 45 times in the game and I don't think they expected us to blitz as aggressively as we did on D.

Another point about your offense is that pretty much all of your skill position players other than Sorrells are freshmen. You are going to have to expect inconsistancies on offense. GSU has certainly dealt with that recently.

No, you're right. Our defense played just about as well as any unit in the SoCon last season, but had severe trouble getting off the field on third downs and letting drives continue.

Our offense had its moments, but I think the move to a zone blocking scheme really took us back a step. Good news is, every skill position player except for Hedden at tight end will be back on offense. Additionally, the word is that RJ Webb is going to try and come back from a second knee surgery and play. I really hate that the conference hasn't seen that kid play. He really is incredible but has been lost early in both the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

GaSouthern
February 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Finally updated it to HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0v66P6R3E

GaSouthern
February 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
And from the looks of things you'll be seeing the Air-raid offense win too. Isn't is ironic that 5 years ago if you said that GSU was going to pass 50 times a game you'd be laughed at!

yeah times have really changed. Hatcher is a pretty good guy, I just hope he gets in the playoffs and makes a nice run really soon, if he does not go deep in the playoffs over the next two seasons i'm not too sure how much longer he would last. Sewak was fired after losing in the first round.

introvertedGSUfan
February 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I really hope people can be patient with Hatcher, because if the Furman game at the end of the year is an indication of anything, then our offense will really start clicking when we get the depth (hopefully this coming season). It looks like our defense might be worse, but who knows.

GaSouthern
February 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I think GSU's football recession will be over by 2010.

PaladinFan
February 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
yeah times have really changed. Hatcher is a pretty good guy, I just hope he gets in the playoffs and makes a nice run really soon, if he does not go deep in the playoffs over the next two seasons i'm not too sure how much longer he would last. Sewak was fired after losing in the first round.

Still never figured that one out. Firing Sewak and attempting to make a splash with the next hire set GSU back five years. I wonder if you told the GSU fan base that Elon, the Citadel and Samford would become playoff contenders again before they would, would the same decision have been made.

Regardless, I like Hatcher's enthusiasm. I look forward to the season where Furman and GSU are clashing again with everything on the line for both of us.