PDA

View Full Version : Two Montana State Legacy sons are Griz recruits

Ronbo
February 5th, 2009, 09:30 AM
We signed two sons whose Dads were on the 1984 National Champion Montana State Bobcat team.xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx:)

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009/02/05/sports/sports02.txt

Kirk Timmer was a standout linebacker for the Montana State Bobcats back in the early 1980s, and a second-team all-Big Sky pick for the 1984 team that won the Football Championship Subdivision title. He also ended up marrying the former Kelly Angelos, the starting point guard on the Bobcat women's basketball team.

Twenty-five years later, Ty Timmer is one of two Bobcat legacies among this year's Grizzly recruits (Aaron Roberts' dad, Joe, played on the '84 Cats, though his grandfather Joe Sr. was the Griz football captain in 1953).

jmufan999
February 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM
OUCH. that's gotta be rough for MSU.

putter
February 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
This may get moved to smack.....

Grizzaholic
February 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Unless it was a trick by the Bobcats and when the time comes they can activate their sleeper cell and cause the Griz to lose to the kitties?

Nah. Never happen.

OLPOP
February 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Putter-- I had heard the 2% were from Vermont.

Ronbo
February 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Why would a Missoulian Article be considered smack? You are PC gone wild Putter. xnodx

saccat
February 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Good luck to the two young men. I am sure they made the choice that best fit for them. I know that it was a tough choice for timmer.

SeattleGriz
February 5th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Good luck to the two young men. I am sure they made the choice that best fit for them. I know that it was a tough choice for timmer.

Although I didn't play football, I was supposed to go to school at Bozeman like all the other kids in my senior class. I ended up at Missoula because my dad lived there. I am sure the Bozeman kids will get over it fairly quickly and vice versa.

putter
February 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Why would a Missoulian Article be considered smack? You are PC gone wild Putter. xnodx

Don't think so ronbo. I could just see kitty fans commenting on how you phrased your title - rubbing it in. That was my point. The fact that two MSU families have to go by Griz gear now puts a smile on my face too.

putter
February 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Putter-- I had heard the 2% were from Vermont.

Do they drink whisky in Vermont? I thought they just enjoyed the Alpine's !! xlolx

SideLine Shooter
February 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
We signed two sons whose Dads were on the 1984 National Champion Montana State Bobcat team.xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx:)

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009/02/05/sports/sports02.txt

WOW! Maybe their rap sheet wasn't long enough to get into MSU.xlolx

Just kidding.xnodx

saccat
February 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM
WOW! Maybe their rap sheet wasn't long enough to get into MSU.xlolx

Just kidding.xnodx

Or maybe they were looking at classes they couldn't get at the other school.

Or maybe they could get more playing time at one then the other.

Or maybe they liked the feel of the school more.

Or maybe you should shut your hole... Just kidding.

OLPOP
February 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
What are alpines?

putter
February 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM
What are alpines?

Hot chocolate with Schnapps

OLPOP
February 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM
No. It's beer and whisky in the Green Mountain state.

saccat
February 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry...I shouldn't be so nice since we are talking about the griz. What I should have said was they aren't that good and we didn't want them anyways. We got the best In-state kids and our Montana kids are better than theirs.xsmiley_wix

putter
February 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
No. It's beer and whisky in the Green Mountain state.

Interesting

CrazyCat
February 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM
When does a "legacy" start? Roberts dad played for the Cats but his grandfather played for the Griz. Anyway, good job on signing them.

CrunchGriz
February 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
When does a "legacy" start? Roberts dad played for the Cats but his grandfather played for the Griz. Anyway, good job on signing them.

This just sounds like a family that through the generations always knew which was the better team to join. ;)

catbob
February 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
We'd love some Griz legacy players who's parents played... on those awesome... 80s griz teams... yea....

Bronco
February 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Cats had a good receiver...Turnquist
His dad was a kicker for the Griz in the 70's

Silenoz
February 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
We'd love some Griz legacy players who's parents played... on those awesome... 80s griz teams... yea....

Both teams were equally bad for the most part:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/jthefrank/grizcats.jpg

catbob
February 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Both teams were equally bad for the most part:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/jthefrank/grizcats.jpg

I agree but we won a NC, somehow. :) Then went right back to stinking it up thank you very much.