PDA

View Full Version : App State signees

appstate38
February 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Here's the link..... Looks like a very athletic group. 3 QB's, 4 LB's, 3 WR's, 1 ATH and 1 OL. Coach Moore says one of the most athletic groups to come to ASU. I sure hope so. Need to use all the bullets in the gun. I believe I am most excited about Justin Wray. Big corner to add to an already talented group.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=3662263

PaladinFan
February 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Did y'all end up getting anyone to block for 'em?

B&G
February 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
The hidden thing that I'm seeing here is a commitment to improving the special teams in '09. We have a lot of OL's on the roster but only seeing on OL signee is a headscratcher. Hopefully we have some pre-existing team members that are ready to step in.

Wildcat80
February 4th, 2009, 03:19 PM
No doubt ASU will have top skill kids. My guess is you will get some walkons at OL to develop. Just glad we got Schmalhofer away from you! He should develop into a good one. I think both socon & caa are getting more competitive.

Mountaineer
February 4th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Appears to be a good group of kids coming in. Lots of speed in the skill positions. It is a little disconcerting to see a lack of OL recruits, considering the need. :o

Four from North Carolina
Three from South Carolina
Six from Georgia
One from Florida

appmaj
February 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
xthumbsupx

ASUTed
February 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I really cant believe we got more kids from Georgia than North Carolina. We are really becoming well known down there. Just look at our roster, lots of talent from there.

ericsaid
February 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Jamal Jackson will be the one to watch in the future. From his tapes on rivals, he wasn't far off from being a three star QB, throws the deep ball great and has speed to take off for big gains. He would be the player I am most excited about

hippy@GSU
February 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Here's the link..... Looks like a very athletic group. 3 QB's, 4 LB's, 3 WR's, 1 ATH and 1 OL. Coach Moore says one of the most athletic groups to come to ASU. I sure hope so. Need to use all the bullets in the gun. I believe I am most excited about Justin Wray. Big corner to add to an already talented group.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=3662263

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Her you go... http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90301&SPID=10890&ATCLID=3662116&DB_OEM_ID=18700

Appstate29
February 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Her you go... http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90301&SPID=10890&ATCLID=3662116&DB_OEM_ID=18700

30 commits, oh which 15 will qualify...of those 15, 6 will get arrested...of those 9, 3 will quit before seeing the field. Jawga suthern really got 6 commits today.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

straightshooter
February 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I suspect that GSU did a bit better than that this time around. Look for quite a few of those kids to be a pain in App's rear for years to come. Looks like there might be one kid who is marginal, so 29 should qualify just fine. For of them are already enrolled.

hippy@GSU
February 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
30 commits, oh which 15 will qualify...of those 15, 6 will get arrested...of those 9, 3 will quit before seeing the field. Jawga suthern really got 6 commits today.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

I thought that would be the response. xlolx

AppAlum2003
February 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I suspect that GSU did a bit better than that this time around. Look for quite a few of those kids to be a pain in App's rear for years to come. Looks like there might be one kid who is marginal, so 29 should qualify just fine. For of them are already enrolled.

Three inevitabilities in life:

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Georgia Southern fans claim they have the greatest recruiting class in the history of the universe including 4-star recruits stolen from the top FBS programs

gr8ness97
February 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
^ lol

PaladinFan
February 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I really cant believe we got more kids from Georgia than North Carolina. We are really becoming well known down there. Just look at our roster, lots of talent from there.

Half the teams in the SEC and most of the SoCon schools pipe their talent in from Georgia.

AppAlum2003
February 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Half the teams in the SEC and most of the SoCon schools pipe their talent in from Georgia.

Except for Western and Chatty... those kids are from the elementary school down the block from me.

:D

appirishmen
February 4th, 2009, 08:31 PM
one of the QBs....Peacock from Northern Durham. My Uncle was the head coach there up to about 4 yrs ago when he retired. i grew up on some ND knights and i am glad we got one on our team. this looks like a great class. we should be rollen next year with all the people coming back for injury.

AppMan
February 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
One thing I like about the class is the average GPA is 3.25 & 12 of the 14 had GPA's over 3.0. Watching the reception tonight it became obvious the staff landed some playmakers, big hitters, and kids who can really run. Most came from programs with winning traditions and have been involved in a lot of playoff games.

ericsaid
February 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
One thing I like about the class is the average GPA is 3.25 & 12 of the 14 had GPA's over 3.0. Watching the reception tonight it became obvious the staff landed some playmakers, big hitters, and kids who can really run. Most came from programs with winning traditions and have been involved in a lot of playoff games.

Too bad I don't play football or I would've gotten special privilege too. A 4.5 Weighted GPA and 3.9 unweighted is whats needed to get into App now.

So these are relatively low compared to the majority of students coming in.

xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekxxeekx