PDA

View Full Version : 10 Student-Athletes Sign Letters Of Intent To Play Football At New Hampshire

UNHWildCats
February 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Manny Asam 6-0 175 WR/DB Bloomfield, N.J./Worcester Academy
Rick Archer 6-2 270 OL/DL St. Cloud, Fla./Kissimmee-Osceola
Chris Beranger 6-0 180 RB/DB Winthrop, Mass./Winthrop
Jay Colbert 6-1 230 TE/DE Langhorne, Pa./Neshaminy
Kevin Gangelhoff 6-3 230 TE/LB Odense, Denmark/Kimball Union Academy
Chris Houston 5-8 160 WR/DB Harrisburg, Pa./Bishop McDevitt
Jack Jamerson 6-4 245 DL/OL Washington, Pa./Trinity
Cody Muller 6-3 230 OL/DE Souderton, Pa./Souderton
Seamus O’Neill 6-3 270 OL/DL Manchester, N.H./Manchester Central
Nick Schmalhofer 6-4 240 OL/DL Lancaster, Pa./Lancaster Catholic

http://unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA22C91E-DEE5-8060-5375830A0F23F4AA&pid=42C3E900-9938-F51E-9BD999E04166462E&archive=0

danefan
February 4th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Kevin Gangelhoff 6-3 230 TE/LB Odense, Denmark/Kimball Union Academy

Cool!

GoWildcats789
February 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Chris Houston also had offers from Duke and Army. He is a "3 star" recruit according to scout.com, which has him ranked as the 66th CB in the nation. Runs the 40 in 4.49, as well as the 100m in 10.6. You have to love that speed.

Wildcat80
February 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Colbert, Muller, Jamerson, Schmalhofer aand Houston--half of class from football rich state of Pennsylvania. Their being selected to PA all star teams means high school coaches thought they were one of best 99 players in the state. Good group!

Wildcat80
February 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Any news of any late signees from out west? Or quality walkons?

Will
February 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Looks like they loaded up on densive players, especially on the line and linebacker. They're fairly set on QB and TE, but they could use some WR and RB recruits.

I would've expected that they would've signed more than 10 players, though? I would expect some more recruits after today.

dwtime
February 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Nick Schmalhofer visited UNH after visiting App State and picked UNH over an offer from App State. Must have been charming Cowell Stadium that tipped the scales! :D

Wildcat80
February 4th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Nick Schmalhofer visited UNH after visiting App State and picked UNH over an offer from App State. Must have been charming Cowell Stadium that tipped the scales! :D
He was quoted as saying he really liked the small campus, the players he fit in with and the coaches. Despite his size he was the 1st OL recruit offered by ASU--which means they really liked him. It looks like he was recruited equally at OL & DL-which means he's an athlete with size potential. I think rivals # rating of 5.3 is the highest of this class-for what that's worth. His high school has a winning tradition too. There junior QB will be a top recruit next year.

dwtime
February 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
He was quoted as saying he really liked the small campus, the players he fit in with and the coaches. Despite his size he was the 1st OL recruit offered by ASU--which means they really liked him. It looks like he was recruited equally at OL & DL-which means he's an athlete with size potential. I think rivals # rating of 5.3 is the highest of this class-for what that's worth. His high school has a winning tradition too. There junior QB will be a top recruit next year.

I also like the looks of Muller with 4.6 40 speed at DE, would love to see the days again when we had dominant DE pass rushers like Dwayne Sabb.

R3TRO
February 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
It seems like this recruiting class is very defense oriented. Hopefully we will get a couple of late signees for some WR's.

UNHFootballAlum
February 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
We could use a WR recruit with some speed. We need someone to stretch the defenses

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
We could use a WR recruit with some speed. We need someone to stretch the defenses

A little hight out there wouldn't be a bad thing either

UNHFootballAlum
February 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Kevon Mason is a tall WR, but he is not a speed receiver.

WrenFGun
February 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Perhaps they're planning on using some of those athletes (Dontra Peters, the kid they got this year) at the WR position. Orlando and Peters will be freshmen next year, and Mangieri, Greene, and Mason are only sophomores.

R3TRO
February 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM
That's an interesting thought. I never even considered the possibility of Peters as a WR. I always thought they would groom him for CB but maybe they will use him at WR. Decent size and speed.

smcwildcat
February 4th, 2009, 11:24 PM
we were supossed to get Jarrid bryant....McDonnll was mad bc he chose us and then yesterday decided to attend Arizona State apperently.....I was pumped another Cali great athelete WR.

Will
February 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
we were supossed to get Jarrid bryant....McDonnll was mad bc he chose us and then yesterday decided to attend Arizona State apperently.....I was pumped another Cali great athelete WR.

There's no Jarrid Bryant on ASU's updated commitment list. The only Jarrid Bryant I could find plays at Salisbury School in Connecticut....same guy?

R3TRO
February 4th, 2009, 11:56 PM

Does that mean we can expect at least one more recruit at some point?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
There's no Jarrid Bryant on ASU's updated commitment list. The only Jarrid Bryant I could find plays at Salisbury School in Connecticut....same guy?

I think so. I saw him mentioned in relation to ASU here (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/02/05/20090205asufoot0205.html).

....is the centerpiece of a 21-player class that could grow by one if ASU signs Jarrid Bryant as a wide receiver. The 6-foot-4 Bryant is playing basketball at Salisbury School (Conn.) and previously attended Corona (Calif.) Centennial High, where Burfict, defensive tackle signee William Sutton and three current Sun Devils played.

smcwildcat
February 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
damn it no Bryant as of now

R3TRO
February 5th, 2009, 05:26 PM
He still hasn't shown up on the AZ St. updated commit list... what are the odds we land him?

smcwildcat
February 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
apperently hes visiting this weekend and since they dont have a lot of WR's they might take him...but if they dont offer him hes at UNH

GoWildcats789
February 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM
apperently hes visiting this weekend and since they dont have a lot of WR's they might take him...but if they dont offer him hes at UNH

fingers crossed.

R3TRO
February 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM
SMC, where do you get this inside info from? If you don't mind me asking.

ValleyChamp
February 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Only 10? You guys not have many seniors this year?

smcwildcat
February 5th, 2009, 09:37 PM
ummm no comment but its legit I swear and ya Im bummed only 10....john whatever..oglhdbyghyys whatever the OL chose us over Appy idk how in hell

R3TRO
February 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Only 10? You guys not have many seniors this year?

12 seniors... and redshirted last years entire freshman (23) class.

R3TRO
February 10th, 2009, 11:34 PM
ummm no comment but its legit I swear and ya Im bummed only 10....john whatever..oglhdbyghyys whatever the OL chose us over Appy idk how in hell

So... Bryant is now signed at AZ St., now what Mr. Insider info? :D