PDA

View Full Version : Best possible matchup?

DaGriz
November 21st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Now that the brackets are decided. If the chips fall right, what looks like the matchup you would most like to see (other than it being because it's your team)? In my opinion, UNH/EWU could be the game of the year. Santos and Ball vs. Kimble and Meyer. That game could be a barn burner.

grizband
November 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
Um vs GSU. Now, neither team has their best team this year, but I still want to see a matchup of these perennial powers.

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
I'd like to see:

UNH/EWU
GSU/UM
Richmond/Furman
EIU/Lafayette - Just to have an underdog matchup, although SIU/ASU would be an appealing game

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
NEW HAMPSHIRE vs EASTERN WASHINGTON..........:eek:..........BRAWK!

AppGuy04
November 21st, 2005, 11:28 AM
ASU v Furman again

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2005, 11:32 AM
OR.....MOUSEKETEERS vs FURPLE..............xlolx...............AWK!

Tod
November 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM
Shouldn't we talk about real possibilites, though? UNH/EWU is a quarterfinal possibility. UM/GSU is also a quarterfinal possibility. ASU/Furman is a semi-final.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2005, 02:05 PM
I'd say there's a good chance we'll get to see Meyer and Santos go at it in the Quarterfinals. UNI will be tough, but they haven't experienced the E2 passing attack. Our defense is on fire, and we have most of our players back to full health. We got the job done first round last year, lets see if my Eagles will do it again...because everybody already knows they can!

89Hen
November 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Who I'd like to see in the second round is different than who I think it will actually be or who I think would be the best 'matchup', but this is who I'm rooting for...

UNI at UNH
GSU at Montana
Richmond at Furman
Lafayette at EIU... a really strange pick, but I've heard enough whining from the Gateway about LC that I hope LC wins and SIU loses yet again in the first round. :p

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, SIU fans are still bitter about that turns out. Go figure. I guess EWU fans participating in SIUs chants/cheers didn't help... ;) xazzx :coach:

dirtbag
November 21st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Something with lots and lots of snow.

:)

siugrad99
November 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM
SIU gave away the game last year verse EWU. Yes you won so don't freak out, but reality is with a 10 point lead and the ball in the 3rd quarter coach Kill decided to rest Jacobs for 2 series and gave the ball to Terry Jackson (why ?? who knows). It was at that time that EWU came back and eventually took the lead. Jacobs was running you up and down the field and when he was off the field we couldn't move. Meyer light us up (understatement), but it would have been difficult to come back from that margin if Jacobs had been on the field for hose 2 drives. Not complaining just looking back at the game and seeing what SIU did to lose the game and what EWU did to win it. All props to EWU for the victory, here's to hoping we learned alittle something from the pain it brought us :)

Chi Panther
November 21st, 2005, 09:50 PM
SIU gave away the game last year verse EWU. Yes you won so don't freak out, but reality is with a 10 point lead and the ball in the 3rd quarter coach Kill decided to rest Jacobs for 2 series and gave the ball to Terry Jackson (why ?? who knows). It was at that time that EWU came back and eventually took the lead. Jacobs was running you up and down the field and when he was off the field we couldn't move. Meyer light us up (understatement), but it would have been difficult to come back from that margin if Jacobs had been on the field for hose 2 drives. Not complaining just looking back at the game and seeing what SIU did to lose the game and what EWU did to win it. All props to EWU for the victory, here's to hoping we learned alittle something from the pain it brought us :)

It is amazing that SIU didn't do more last year.....

It is also EXTREMELY impressive that EWU won at SIU.....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2005, 10:00 PM
Colgate/Lafayette in the finals.

Maybe then the Patriot League might get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

siugrad99
November 21st, 2005, 10:02 PM
It was disappointing SIU didn't do more last season. We had all the chances in the world, but EWU exposed our weakness to a "T" and a running team just can't play catch up with an offense like EWU no matter how Brandon Jacobs ran :(

SwoopEWU
November 21st, 2005, 10:55 PM
That was a great game and surely disappointing for SIU. What was even more of a let down though was the in the quarterfinals Eastern being up 20 in the 4th @ home against Sam Houston and not finishing them off, eventually losing on a touchdown with time expiring. Would have been ot if it weren't for a blown PAT earlier...Playoffs are crazy, can't wait for this year and who will deliver the first round shocker that will leave this message board buzzing for days

FL connection
November 22nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
I guess the Panthers shouldn't even show up this week again.....these guys are getting used to hearing this (although, I don't mind the bits of incentive). I anticipate the Panthers giving the Salukis all they can handle in a close game. connection out!!

wildcat_fan
November 22nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
Colgate/Lafayette in the finals.
Maybe then the Patriot League might get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Won't the Patriot League be getting plenty of respect when the A-10 teams join the conference?