PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis Fans...

gr8ness97
January 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
...Please dont whoop us too bad. PLEASE

Winston-Salem State's 2009 Schedule

JOURNAL REPORTER

Published: January 28, 2009

Winston-Salem State's 2009 football schedule has a little of everything.

The Rams will play Morgan State at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., in the New York Urban League Football Classic on Sept. 19 and will travel cross-country to play California-Davis xnonox on Oct. 17. WSSU also will have home games against N.C. A&T and Florida A&M.

"I think we've got a good schedule with several highlights," Athletics Director Chico Caldwell said. "We'll be in the Urban League Classic at Giants Stadium, and we have Florida A&M coming here for a change."

The Rams will open the season Sept. 5 against N.C. A&T at Bowman Gray Stadium. After a Saturday off, they'll will play Morgan State in New Jersey (Sept. 19) and at defending MEAC champion S.C. State (Sept. 26).

In October, the Rams will be at home against Florida A&M (Oct. 10) and Hampton (Oct. 31) and will play at Howard (Oct. 3), Cal-Davis xnonox(Oct. 17) and Bethune-Cookman (Oct. 17). The game against Hampton will be homecoming.

Two of the final three games will be at home -- Delaware State (Nov. 7) and N.C. Central (Nov. 14) -- and the Rams will end the season at Norfolk State (Nov. 21).

It's uncertain whether Florida A&M will bring its famous 424-member band to Winston-Salem.

"I don't know if their band is coming, because I know we can't pay for it -- they have a big band," Caldwell said. "We're excited about them coming to Bowman Gray Stadium."

The game at Cal-Davis xnonox will be the Rams' first in California since a 1999 game against Grambling State in San Diego.

"It's pretty balanced with five home games and six road games, so we like that ratio," Caldwell said. "We go out to California and play Cal-Davis, and we have Hampton for homecoming."

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/28/rams-foo...-five-games-at-home/

How does this make you feel xnonono2x

UNHWildCats
January 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/28/rams-football-schedule-has-five-games-at-home/

nwFL Griz
January 28th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Problem....the article claims WSSU will play FAMU on Oct 10. However, both FAMU and Miami claim that the Canes will play the Rattlers on Oct 10. What gives?

813Jag
January 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Problem....the article claims WSSU will play FAMU on Oct 10. however both FAMU and Miami claim that the Canes will play the Rattlers on Oct 10. What gives?
I'm interested to see how this works out. I'd love for one of these games to move around to allow my Jags to go to Tallahassee.

nwFL Griz
January 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I'm interested to see how this works out. I'd love for one of these games to move around to allow my Jags to go to Tallahassee.

Hey, as long as the Canes don't play the Noles on Labor Day, it's all good with me!

813Jag
January 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Hey, as long as the Canes don't play the Noles on Labor Day, it's all good with me!
me too. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
January 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Problem....the article claims WSSU will play FAMU on Oct 10. However, both FAMU and Miami claim that the Canes will play the Rattlers on Oct 10. What gives?
perhaps a change was made the past day or so that the other two havent announced yet?

nwFL Griz
January 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
perhaps a change was made the past day or so that the other two havent announced yet?

I can only hope....

MplsBison
January 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
...Please dont whoop us too bad. PLEASE

Winston-Salem State's 2009 Schedule

JOURNAL REPORTER

Published: January 28, 2009

Winston-Salem State's 2009 football schedule has a little of everything.

The Rams will play Morgan State at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., in the New York Urban League Football Classic on Sept. 19 and will travel cross-country to play California-Davis xnonox on Oct. 17. WSSU also will have home games against N.C. A&T and Florida A&M.

"I think we've got a good schedule with several highlights," Athletics Director Chico Caldwell said. "We'll be in the Urban League Classic at Giants Stadium, and we have Florida A&M coming here for a change."

The Rams will open the season Sept. 5 against N.C. A&T at Bowman Gray Stadium. After a Saturday off, they'll will play Morgan State in New Jersey (Sept. 19) and at defending MEAC champion S.C. State (Sept. 26).

In October, the Rams will be at home against Florida A&M (Oct. 10) and Hampton (Oct. 31) and will play at Howard (Oct. 3), Cal-Davis xnonox(Oct. 17) and Bethune-Cookman (Oct. 17). The game against Hampton will be homecoming.

Two of the final three games will be at home -- Delaware State (Nov. 7) and N.C. Central (Nov. 14) -- and the Rams will end the season at Norfolk State (Nov. 21).

It's uncertain whether Florida A&M will bring its famous 424-member band to Winston-Salem.

"I don't know if their band is coming, because I know we can't pay for it -- they have a big band," Caldwell said. "We're excited about them coming to Bowman Gray Stadium."

The game at Cal-Davis xnonox will be the Rams' first in California since a 1999 game against Grambling State in San Diego.

"It's pretty balanced with five home games and six road games, so we like that ratio," Caldwell said. "We go out to California and play Cal-Davis, and we have Hampton for homecoming."

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/jan/28/rams-foo...-five-games-at-home/

How does this make you feel xnonono2x

Davis used to be the agriculture extention campus (IE, the farm) for Cal.

Hence, Cal Davis.

gr8ness97
January 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I just want to know if there is some sort of Home-Home Arrangement (Doubt it) or Payout (Doubt it x2) or just an open date for both teams that seem totally random.

Why would we go across the country like that?!

OMG MplsBison commented on my thread.....xnonox

UC Davis fans dont like to be called Cal-Davis. I dont want to piss them off and destroy us even more than need be. kthnx

MplsBison
January 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I could care less if they don't like to be called it. It's a legitimate piece of their history. They can't just deny it happened.

Just like NDSU used to be NDAC (North Dakota Agricultural College).

lucchesicourt
January 29th, 2009, 06:18 AM
UC Davis has ONLY been referred to as Cal Davis by the media, and NEVER by UCD campus or students. It has always been UCD, UC Davis, or University of California, Davis. I went to school there during the 70's and the only place I ever saw Cal Davis was in the media rankings. Never anyplace else around the campus. So, it is something the press made up. I still see it in the media all the time, and the university or students NEVER use that term. Others do.

MplsBison
January 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM
UC Davis has ONLY been referred to as Cal Davis by the media, and NEVER by UCD campus or students. It has always been UCD, UC Davis, or University of California, Davis. I went to school there during the 70's and the only place I ever saw Cal Davis was in the media rankings. Never anyplace else around the campus. So, it is something the press made up. I still see it in the media all the time, and the university or students NEVER use that term. Others do.

Is the University of California, Berkeley known as Cal?

Was the University of California, Davis formally the agricultural research extention campus of the Universirt of Califonia, Berkeley?

Ok then, it's a legitmate nickname.

slostang
January 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I could care less if they don't like to be called it. It's a legitimate piece of their history. They can't just deny it happened.

STFU!!!! xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

gr8ness97
January 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
There's no denying the legitimacy of the name. Just a preference not to be called it.

Slostang and other GW posters, can you comment about the direction of UCD's team, facilities, fans, etc...

lucchesicourt
January 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
So, if the poress started calling your school by a name you NEVER used, how does that make the name legitimate? If the press continually called Obama ,Osama, would that then be considered his alternate name?

MplsBison
January 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
So, if the poress started calling your school by a name you NEVER used, how does that make the name legitimate? If the press continually called Obama ,Osama, would that then be considered his alternate name?

If the nickname is solely derived from actual history, then yes it's a legitimate nickname.

813Jag
January 29th, 2009, 03:03 PM
STFU!!!! xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx
Totally impossible. xlolx

mmiller_34
January 29th, 2009, 04:26 PM
from now on, im calling NDSU... NDS-Fargo.

slostang
January 29th, 2009, 04:58 PM
There's no denying the legitimacy of the name. Just a preference not to be called it.

Slostang and other GW posters, can you comment about the direction of UCD's team, facilities, fans, etc...

UC Davis moved up from the DII ranks about 6 or 7 years ago. They were a great DII program that went to the playoffs often. Through the 2006 season they had something like 35 straight winning seasons.

Since the move up they have had some impressive wins including a win over Stanford. The last two seasons have been not as good by Aggies standards (2006 was their first losing season in forever), but they are a solid program (gave Montana a good game in Missoula last year). They are loaded offensively and I expect them to have a good season next year. On defense you have a better chance against them if you are a good passing team. They are usually strong against the run.

As far as facilities, they are great. Next year will be their third season in a new stadium. It holds around 10,000, but is easily expandable to over 30,000.

MplsBison
January 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM
from now on, im calling NDSU... NDS-Fargo.

Apples oranges.

The correct analogy would be to call us NDAC.

slostang
January 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Apples oranges.

The correct analogy would be to call us NDAC.

You are like a virus that infects threads. Who gives a rip if YOU think it is ok to call UC Davis, Cal Davis. This is a thread about a game between Wiston-Salem State. If you have anything to add to that discussion great. If not please do not derail the thread with your rants. xoopsx

lucchesicourt
January 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM
UC Davis has NEVER been called Cal Davis Except by the media and other schools. If we had then I would agree, but that is just not the case. That is why we are against being called Cal Davis. I guess you will never understand that Cal Davis was NEVER called that by the UC system or by UC Davis. People have used that name but never has the univeristy system or UC Davis.

MplsBison
January 30th, 2009, 08:15 AM
You are like a virus that infects threads. Who gives a rip if YOU think it is ok to call UC Davis, Cal Davis. This is a thread about a game between Wiston-Salem State. If you have anything to add to that discussion great. If not please do not derail the thread with your rants. xoopsx

The point was brought up by the OP.

MplsBison
January 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
UC Davis has NEVER been called Cal Davis Except by the media and other schools. If we had then I would agree, but that is just not the case. That is why we are against being called Cal Davis. I guess you will never understand that Cal Davis was NEVER called that by the UC system or by UC Davis. People have used that name but never has the univeristy system or UC Davis.

Yada, yada, we all know your stance. It's a legitimate nickname that some people will continue to use.

gr8ness97
January 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM
They are loaded offensively and I expect them to have a good season next year. On defense you have a better chance against them if you are a good passing team. They are usually strong against the run.

I did know about the 20-17 win over Stanford a couple of years back. We are screwed though. We dont even average 70 yards passing a game. Never been a passing team since 2003 (my freshman year). "running back U" averages 150 on the ground or so. We are very predictable on offense. In short, we're screwed.

xnonono2x to scheduling this game other than to get the guys to the west coast.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Yada, yada, we all know your stance. It's a legitimate nickname that some people will continue to use.

Let's try a different tact on this. Of course, I doubt it will get through, but what the heck, it's worth a try.

A guy is named Michael. A legitimate nickname is Mikey. The person doesn't like that nickname and prefers not to be called Mikey. Would you continue to call that person Mikey? Or to perpetuate the undesired use of the nickname Mikey for that person?

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I did know about the 20-17 win over Stanford a couple of years back. We are screwed though. We dont even average 70 yards passing a game. Never been a passing team since 2003 (my freshman year). "running back U" averages 150 on the ground or so. We are very predictable on offense. In short, we're screwed.

xnonono2x to scheduling this game other than to get the guys to the west coast.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that as a reason for scheduling a game.

eaglesrthe1
January 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Let's try a different tact on this. Of course, I doubt it will get through, but what the heck, it's worth a try.

A guy is named Michael. A legitimate nickname is Mikey. The person doesn't like that nickname and prefers not to be called Mikey. Would you continue to call that person Mikey? Or to perpetuate the undesired use of the nickname Mikey for that person?

Depends on if you like Mikey.:D

MplsBison
January 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM

I personally wouldn't. I use UC Davis to refer to UC Davis.

But Cal Davis is a legitmate nickname derived from UC Davis's history with Cal.

4th and What?
January 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM

Never happened. xnodx

MplsBison
January 30th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Never happened. xnodx

UC Davis was the agricultural extention campus of Cal. Fact.

slostang
January 30th, 2009, 11:35 AM
UC Davis was the agricultural extention campus of Cal. Fact.

Obviously other than YOU, nobody else cares. Why do you have to be so pig headed. Please move on and let's get this thread back on topic.

MplsBison
January 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Obviously other than YOU, nobody else cares. Why do you have to be so pig headed. Please move on and let's get this thread back on topic.

I'm a prick.

Big Al
January 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm a prick.

Oh great, wise and benevolent grand master of AGS zen wisdom, please answer this question for me.

What is the sound of 1000 AGS members nodding agreement in perfect unison?

813Jag
January 30th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm a prick.

Honesty! xhurrayx xhurrayx Reps for you!

coover
January 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm a prick.

And I think you have an STD.