PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Hofstra Schedule

Uncle Buck
January 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
A decent schedule but not sure why we go to Bryant for our first ever meeting. They should have been a 6th home game for us.

2009 HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY (5-6)
Sept. 12 at Bryant University (7-4)
Sept. 19 at University of Richmond (13-3)+
Sept. 26 at Western Michigan University (9-4)
Oct. 3 JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY (12-2)+
Oct. 10 UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (8-5)+
Oct. 17 at University of Rhode Island (3-9)+
Oct. 24 UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (10-3)+
Nov. 7 at University of Delaware (4-8)+
Nov. 14 at Northeastern University (2-10)+
Nov. 21 UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS (7-5)+

UNHWildCats
January 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM
this schedule allowed me to make guesses at the remaining CAA games for all the caa teams.

http://schedules.travisliles.com/2009/01/2009-colonial-athletic-association.html

Uncle Buck
January 24th, 2009, 11:46 AM
This is the earliest i think HU has ever released a schedule. I'm glad we can get a better picture of the other teams as well.

Umass74
January 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM
this schedule allowed me to make guesses at the remaining CAA games for all the caa teams.

http://schedules.travisliles.com/200...sociation.html

Usually CAA teams play within their own divisions late in the season. The last two years there have been no North-South games in the last two weeks.

As a guess, I would flop the JMU and UNH games for UMass (i.e. JMU @ UMass on 10/17 and UNH @ UMass on 11/14.

UNHWildCats
January 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Usually CAA teams play within their own divisions late in the season. The last two years there have been no North-South games in the last two weeks.

As a guess, I would flop the JMU and UNH games for UMass (i.e. JMU @ UMass on 10/17 and UNH @ UMass on 11/14.

JMUs only openings for Maine and Mass would be Nov 7th and 14th.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 24th, 2009, 12:41 PM

W&M has already announced their schedule and UNH is visiting W'burg on 11/14.

UNHWildCats
January 24th, 2009, 12:48 PM
the caa schedule I guessed at based on confirmed games and what was left open, may not end up being 100% right, but for the most part it will probably end up accurate.

dgreco
January 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
glad to see Bryant got Hofstra at home! I heard rumblings of Hofstra, UNH and UMass games... It looks like we got Hofstra maybe another CAA game?

Husky Alum
January 25th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I thought NU was playing BC the first weekend in October?

Uncle Buck
January 25th, 2009, 08:44 AM
glad to see Bryant got Hofstra at home! I heard rumblings of Hofstra, UNH and UMass games... It looks like we got Hofstra maybe another CAA game?

It's interesting that HU went to Bryant rather than schedule them for a 6th home game, i'm not thrilled with that. Then again, when we moved up to 1AA we also had some established teams come to us. Looking forward to seeing your program.

danefan
January 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
It's interesting that HU went to Bryant rather than schedule them for a 6th home game, i'm not thrilled with that. Then again, when we moved up to 1AA we also had some established teams come to us. Looking forward to seeing your program.

I'm not so surprised...its likely the front end of a home-and-home. Hofstra had home-and-home's with Albany when no other full scholarship squad would.

I'm disappointed that Hofstra isn't coming to Albany this year. I liked that series and hope it continues in the future.

UNHWildCats
January 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I thought NU was playing BC the first weekend in October?
ok, just changed it, I will work through the CAA games again now.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
ok, just changed it, I will work through the CAA games again now.

Might save you a little work, Lessels announced the UNH CAA schedule in his "UNH Notebook" column today:

Sat, Oct 03 @Towson (CAA)
Sat, Oct 10 Villanova (CAA
Sat, Oct 17 @UMass (CAA)
Sat, Oct 24 @Hofstra (CAA)
Sat, Oct 31 Northeastern (CAA)
Sat, Nov 07 Rhode Island (CAA)
Sat, Nov 14 @William & Mary (CAA)
Sat, Nov 21 Maine (CAA)

Sat, Sept 12 @ Ball State (MAC)
Sat, Sept 26 Dartmouth (Ivy)

No word on the last game, might be either the 5th or the 19th.

UNHWildCats
January 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM
thanks... hope they get a game for the 5th... i hate bye the first week

Seawolf97
January 26th, 2009, 10:06 AM
A decent schedule but not sure why we go to Bryant for our first ever meeting. They should have been a 6th home game for us.

2009 HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY (5-6)
Sept. 12 at Bryant University (7-4)
Sept. 19 at University of Richmond (13-3)+
Sept. 26 at Western Michigan University (9-4)
Oct. 3 JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY (12-2)+
Oct. 10 UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (8-5)+
Oct. 17 at University of Rhode Island (3-9)+
Oct. 24 UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (10-3)+
Nov. 7 at University of Delaware (4-8)+
Nov. 14 at Northeastern University (2-10)+
Nov. 21 UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS (7-5)+

As always a solid schedule. So we open on the road against the Pride. That means our first two games this season will be on the road since we travel to Colgate on the 12th. Actually a Hofstra road game is is almost like a home game. The drive for me is shorter to Hofstra and easier than going out to StonyBrook by about 15 minutes and they have a nice stadium and good fans. Now to win one this year!