PDA

View Full Version : JSU's stadium expansion pictures.

Cocky
January 22nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/sports/2009/1/14/FB_0114091949.aspx?path=football

Redbirdz
January 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM
At 24,000 seats, this will give JSU one of the best stadiums in FCS. Opening game is Chattanooga as the 2010 season opens. Welcome Mocs to our house.

blackcaesar3k5
January 28th, 2009, 04:33 AM
very beautiful indeed!!!

th0m
January 28th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Will they fill all 24k?

MplsBison
January 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
What is the attendance like now?

If you build it, they will come?

Maybe if you move up and get Troy in the house?

appfan2008
January 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
wow should be pretty sweet when all done but as others have said is the demand there?

Redbirdz
January 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I think it speaks to Jacksonville State's commitment to the future as much as anything else. A major ticket promotion campaign will follow. Last year, the Alabama A&M game at Jacksonville drew 16,654; Murray State, 14,251.

BDKJMU
January 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Someone should update the wiki page to show the capacity increase for 2010. When I was looking at stadiums that could potentially host the NC besides Chatty I looked at Paul Snow's Wiki profile & saw 15k and thought too small. I didn't know about the expansion. Looks very nice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Snow_Stadium

jsugamecocks1
January 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM
personally I think this is stupid we have academic buildings on campus that are falling down literally and they want to build a huge stadium for a team that hasnt won a championship in 4 years when our baseball and softball teams consistantly win the ovc and do okay in playoffs and have crap to play in. Our music building has a 6 inch gap between the walls and the floor and a close friend who s a building inspector told me it was on the verge of being unsafe for use so they need to spend money on what the university needs and not on certain people wanting to move up in classifacation..

We even had a protest by over half of the students here who wanted to invest money in academics and it fell on deaf ears to the university so they are building this stadium for a team who can hardly pass their classes and possibly wont even be able to go to the playoffs due to APR

That is my rant
out

SandMountainDemon
January 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Here we go again with the academic building rants....

A majority of the money that has been acquired for the stadium expansion was donated specifically for that, stadium expansion. The local newspapers printed that fact and even the university president has stated that fact.

Yes, some of the buildings on campus need to be demolished, especially Mason Hall and Dixson Hall (if they are even still standing), but the addition of a 400 bed dorm is something that the university does need.....have you been in Crowe, Fitzpatrick, Daughette, or Sparkman Hall recently?

True, the softball team needs an improvement at University Field, but baseball playing in crap? Rudy Abbott Field is the second newest athletic facility on campus, second only to the soccer field. The football team may not draw as large of a crowd as they did in years past, but the ticket revenue is a substantial amout more than both baseball and softball combined.....mainly because admission has been free for the softball games in years past.

Cocky
January 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Someone should update the wiki page to show the capacity increase for 2010. When I was looking at stadiums that could potentially host the NC besides Chatty I looked at Paul Snow's Wiki profile & saw 15k and thought too small. I didn't know about the expansion. Looks very nice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Snow_Stadium

We don't have the hotel rooms for a NC.

Cocky
January 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
The expansion is probably an extension of the plans to move to the FBS asap.

Redbirdz
January 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
What is being overlooked in the stadium design is a 400 bed dormitory underneath which will be very attractive housing in a unique setting. Total package is about $60m, most of it for the residence hall.

jsugamecocks1
January 28th, 2009, 10:24 PM
i believe that i also heard that 22 of the skyboxes have already been sold as well correct me if i am wrong.

The plans for the dorms are extremely nice. That is something that is very much needed because there is a 40 or 50 page or more waiting list to get into JSU housing.

Cocky
January 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've heard that at least 22 have been sold and there is a growing list for the club level seats.

SU Jag
January 29th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Nice, congrats JSU!xbowx

JSU02
January 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I've heard that at least 22 have been sold and there is a growing list for the club level seats.

I want club seats. Are they gonna make an annoucement about them being available or do you have to know someone to get on it?xconfusedx

UCAMonkey
January 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Beautiful stadium, well done!

SandMountainDemon
January 30th, 2009, 11:35 AM
According to my sources at JSU, they have NOT sold a single skybox and are branching out from the Jacksonville area trying to find potential buyers.

If you build it, they will come....HA!

jsugamecocks1
January 30th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I know there has been a lot of talk about the skyboxes and how we didn’t think we need that. I was very surprised by the people who come from corporate areas and want those boxes,” said Meehan, adding that at least 19 of the 33 boxes have already been sold."

That comes directly from the mouth of the president of the university

Redbirdz
January 30th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Made some inquiries today. I'm told 21 of the 33 boxes are sold and all will be in a few months. Look for a major campaign and info package on the 1000+ club level seats this spring. These will really be nice and more affordable, I think $400 plus ticket price. Meal included and common area, tv, other ammenities. They will be available to all comers until gone.