PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner's first Start at UNI

McTailGator
January 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Kurt Warner, a walk down Memory Lane and a drive to the Super Bowl (and the Hall of Fame?)
Posted January 18, 2009 at 5:27 pm

By former McNeese Beat Writer Carl Dubois.

BATON ROUGE — So, the Arizona Cardinals did it. Kurt Warner did it. Wow, one more time.

Arizona 32, Philadelphia 25. The Cardinals are headed to their first Super Bowl. It will be Warner’s third, and this victory in the NFC Championship Game strengthened the argument for clearing out a place for him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

What an interesting career path for this quarterback. You know about his days of playing arena football. You know he played in St. Louis for a Rams franchise that previously played in Los Angeles. You know he plays now for a Cardinals franchise that previously played in St. Louis.

Did you know his first start at quarterback for Northern Iowa came at McNeese in 1993?

Read more...http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpDubois/?p=60

SideLine Shooter
January 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Kurt Warner, a walk down Memory Lane and a drive to the Super Bowl (and the Hall of Fame?)
Posted January 18, 2009 at 5:27 pm

By former McNeese Beat Writer Carl Dubois.

BATON ROUGE — So, the Arizona Cardinals did it. Kurt Warner did it. Wow, one more time.

Arizona 32, Philadelphia 25. The Cardinals are headed to their first Super Bowl. It will be Warner’s third, and this victory in the NFC Championship Game strengthened the argument for clearing out a place for him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

What an interesting career path for this quarterback. You know about his days of playing arena football. You know he played in St. Louis for a Rams franchise that previously played in Los Angeles. You know he plays now for a Cardinals franchise that previously played in St. Louis.

Did you know his first start at quarterback for Northern Iowa came at McNeese in 1993?

Read more...http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpDubois/?p=60

Well, as they say, "you have to start somewhere."xthumbsupx xnodx

Hoyadestroya85
January 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
that's a weak article IMO.. there's no explanation of how he did in the game or any numbers on that season/his career etc. It doesn't even say what year he was

crunifan
January 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
If I recall, his stay at UNI was rather unremarkable. Sure we made the playoffs and won the Gateway, but that is nothing new. xlolx

McTailGator
January 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
that's a weak article IMO.. there's no explanation of how he did in the game or any numbers on that season/his career etc. It doesn't even say what year he was

It's not about stats,e writter was just remembering back to how his career started.

But, McNeese picked Warner off a couple of times and sacked him several more.

crunifan
January 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Another interesting tidbit. I believe Tony Romo's final collegiate game was a lost to UNI! What a shame.

JayJ79
January 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
If I recall, his stay at UNI was rather unremarkable. Sure we made the playoffs and won the Gateway, but that is nothing new. xlolx

Warner was the Gateway Conference Offensive Player of the Year, led the conference in total offense and passing efficiency, passed for more than 300 yards four times, and was Gateway Player of the Week twice that year.

I wouldn't call that "unremarkable", even if UNI football has grown somewhat accustomed to such accolades.

Another interesting tidbit. I believe Tony Romo's final collegiate game was a lost to UNI! What a shame.

No, the last game of his junior year was a 49-43 loss to UNI in the second round of the 2001 playoffs.

His final collegiate game was a 48-9 loss to Western Illinois in the first round of the 2002 playoffs.

crunifan
January 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Man, I just suck at life. xlolx