PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs on TV

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Who knows what first round games are on TV.......

I will be seriously upset if the EWU at UNI game is not on TV.....

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Already posted...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5545

ChickenMan
November 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
ESPN2 has Colgate/UNH

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM
What about other channels......besides espn......

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:19 PM

ESPN has rights...

Now if games are picked up by ESPN+ and showed locally (we had a SHSU game on ESPN+ last year showed on a local independent)...then that's different. Three of eight games televised...

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
ESPN has rights...

Now if games are picked up by ESPN+ and showed locally (we had a SHSU game on ESPN+ last year showed on a local independent)...then that's different. Three of eight games televised...

F'ing pathetic.....don't know what I'm gonna do here in Denver.....

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:29 PM
F'ing pathetic.....don't know what I'm gonna do here in Denver.....

Come on now, did you expect all the games to be televised? Only SFs and Finals get televised nationally. QFs are ESPN+, ESPN GamePlan or nationally televised. This is the first round...

Retro
November 20th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Here's what the TV Playoff schedule looks like so far and a few TBA. All times est.

Colgate at New Hampshire ESPN 12:00pm

TBA ESPNU 12:00PM

TBA CN8 1:00PM

Georgia Southern at Texas State ESPN2 3:30PM

TBA ESPNU 4:00PM

Richmond at Hampton ESPNU 8:00PM

TBA CSTV TBA

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Guess I was wrong...

Better for everyone, with more games on TV...

Bronco
November 20th, 2005, 01:45 PM
How many fans fit into New Hampshire stadium?
Isn't it like 6K?

Hope it looks ok on the National stage.

Good teams deserve a big crowd

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM
How many fans fit into New Hampshire stadium?
Isn't it like 6K?

Yes, 6,500 is the official capacity.

Hope it looks ok on the National stage.

UNH Facilities (http://www.unhwildcats.com/promo/facilities.html) -- Scroll down to Cowell Stadium.

It won't! I'm sure the cameras will be on the same side as the primary stands which will expose the tiny stands on the opposite side and the lack of stands in the end zones. The field looks fine though, the resodding appears to have been very successful. So, the surface will have two games played on it instead of the bloody mess it was after the URI monsoon game in the hurricane remnants.

Good teams deserve a big crowd

All games this year in reasonable weather (drop the URI monsoon game) and against reasonable opponents (drop Iona) have been over capacity. Yesterday, there were 8.6K. Obviously not up to the standards of Montana, Delaware, GSU, etc. , but it's probably almost as good as can be expected with the facilites available. There is room for more SRO only folks along the fence surrounding the track, but I'm not sure that Thanksgiving weekend will bring them out. To its credit, the University has been marketing the game.

I'm guessing that the #1 seed and two Payton candidates on UNH have more to do with the TV game selection than the size of the crowd and quality of stadium. JMHO, but the UNH story is about what has happened on the gridiron. Isn't that the product we really want to sell the country on?

headdressguy
November 21st, 2005, 12:04 AM
UNH Alum-
Does the hockey arena sit 6501 (the official listed capacity on the same site you linked to) just so that it sits more than the football stadium?

Mr. C
November 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
In my journeys around I-AA, Cowell Stadium ranks as the worst stadium in I-AA. It looks like a high school facility and the press box is absolutely awful. It is open air. My computer froze when I was there for the 1994 playoffs.

ButlerGSU
November 21st, 2005, 08:45 AM
Not to poke fun of UNH because they have a great team but my High School Stadium in Danielsville GA held more and looked more impressive. The I-A folks really will be making fun of I-AA after they see that Saturday. In other news why is the Hampton Richmond game on TV?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 21st, 2005, 11:24 AM
UNH Alum-
Does the hockey arena sit 6501 (the official listed capacity on the same site you linked to) just so that it sits more than the football stadium?

I never realized that the official capacity was one more than the football stadium. With the hockey egos involved, it wouldn't surprise me one iota. It's funny because when the Whittemore Center was first opened, the capacity wasn't listed as 6,501. A few years later they decided to include other seats (luxury boxes and ??) to boost the capacity by a couple thousands.

While it is General Admission/SRO, Cowell has traditionally had a significant group of standees at the top of the home stands (proud to be one of them!). Because it is SRO, I'm sure it would be difficult to quantify, but they could perform a similar statistical magic act to increase Cowell's capacity.

What's difficult to believe today is that Cowell's capacity was 15K when I was in school and the record attendance is 20K!! The track when refurbished took out multiple rows of seats on the home side as well as both end zone bleachers. In addition, when the old wooden bleachers on the visitor's side were removed, they were replaced with a much smaller set of aluminum bleachers.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 21st, 2005, 11:36 AM
In my journeys around I-AA, Cowell Stadium ranks as the worst stadium in I-AA. It looks like a high school facility and the press box is absolutely awful. It is open air. My computer froze when I was there for the 1994 playoffs.

I guess you haven't been to Meade or Parsons. Charleston South didn't look too great on TV this weekend either. I'm guessing that most of the NEC and MAAC stadiums aren't very good either. Cowell isn't a gem by any means, but it isn't the worst in I-AA. The home side has plenty of chairbacks and the sight lines are fine.

Mr. C., I'm surprised at you, you haven't been keeping up with the news. The Press Box at Cowell was enclosed and I believe heated with these playoffs and TV in mind. That along with the resodding was a significant level of support from the UNH Administration.

November 21st, 2005, 12:22 PM
I guess you haven't been to Meade or Parsons. Charleston South didn't look too great on TV this weekend either. I'm guessing that most of the NEC and MAAC stadiums aren't very good either. Cowell isn't a gem by any means, but it isn't the worst in I-AA. The home side has plenty of chairbacks and the sight lines are fine.

Mr. C., I'm surprised at you, you haven't been keeping up with the news. The Press Box at Cowell was enclosed and I believe heated with these playoffs and TV in mind. That along with the resodding was a significant level of support from the UNH Administration.I had heard about it but never received any kind of press release about it from UNH sports info. They don't send many press releases at all.

89Hen
November 21st, 2005, 12:27 PM
In other news why is the Hampton Richmond game on TV?
Why not? :confused:

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2005, 12:53 PM
Here's what the TV Playoff schedule looks like so far and a few TBA. All times est.

TBA CN8 1:00PM

This is interesting, as CN8 has been showing A-10 games all year, but both A-10 games are already taken by ESPN. Would that mean they show Lafayette-App. State, given that Lafayette is the only other team from the northeast still in the playoffs? I-AA.org doesn't list them with a starting time yet.

This also leaves open the question as to who ESPNU will have at noon, and who will CSTV have. My guess would be Furman-Nicholls State at 12 on ESPNU (it's the only game in the Eastern Time Zone without TV or a start time, according to I-AA.org).

FU97
November 21st, 2005, 12:56 PM
CSS has applied to the NCAA to carry the Furman-Nichols State game. Kickoff would be 12:30 PM.

Black and Gold Express
November 21st, 2005, 01:14 PM
This is interesting, as CN8 has been showing A-10 games all year, but both A-10 games are already taken by ESPN. Would that mean they show Lafayette-App. State, given that Lafayette is the only other team from the northeast still in the playoffs? I-AA.org doesn't list them with a starting time yet.

This also leaves open the question as to who ESPNU will have at noon, and who will CSTV have. My guess would be Furman-Nicholls State at 12 on ESPNU (it's the only game in the Eastern Time Zone without TV or a start time, according to I-AA.org).

According to CSTV.com, they have no playoff games scheduled for live broadcast. I-A football games and olympic sports are already blocked in the possbile timeslots.

Someone buzzed recently that the LC/ASU game will kick at 2pm. That's uaully the sign of no TV for a game...

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2005, 01:59 PM
According to CSTV.com, they have no playoff games scheduled for live broadcast. I-A football games and olympic sports are already blocked in the possbile timeslots.

Someone buzzed recently that the LC/ASU game will kick at 2pm. That's uaully the sign of no TV for a game...

I'm just going off the schedule Retro posted earlier in the thread. If CN8 has a game scheduled at 1, I'm curious as to who they would televise given their limited footprint. Of course, it could either be a I-A game, or they were banking on ESPN not grabbing the 2 games with A-10 teams.

Black and Gold Express
November 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
Trust me, if CN8 would get the game I'd be thrilled. I could watch it online. I would not be able to see ASU play again in person until the finals, so I'm banking on that #2 seed to equal some TV opportunities for me to watch the Apps give me reasons to buy last-minute airline tickets to Chattanooga. :)

bcrawf
November 21st, 2005, 03:26 PM
Wow! It really sounds like UNH has invested in their football program!! You lost seats for track. Man, I hope we get to go out there and play at New Hampshire High. Must be a terrible home field advantage!

November 21st, 2005, 04:01 PM
TBA CSTV TBAI called the program dir. at CSTV a while back and he said they are not doing any I-AA playoff games.

Chi Panther
November 21st, 2005, 07:35 PM
I called the program dir. at CSTV a while back and he said they are not doing any I-AA playoff games.

Program director sounds like a chump.....really disappointed theat the EWU at UNI game is not on tv...... :(

Black and Gold Express
November 21st, 2005, 07:58 PM
When push comes to shove, I-A football and volleyball rate higher it seems to CSTV. And with CBS in the mix, it ain't gonna get any prettier...

On a serious note, I find it a tad shocking the #2 seed won't be televised, and all the other seeds will.

dwtime
November 21st, 2005, 09:58 PM
Wow! It really sounds like UNH has invested in their football program!! You lost seats for track. Man, I hope we get to go out there and play at New Hampshire High. Must be a terrible home field advantage!

Better be careful what you hope for, the last time your team came out to New England for a playoff game in they went home with a loss. Just ask Kurt Warner..... ;)

FU97
November 22nd, 2005, 06:33 AM
CSS has applied to the NCAA to carry the Furman-Nichols State game. Kickoff would be 12:30 PM.

Furman vs Nichols State is now confirmed for TV on CSS at 12:30 PM.

Weather will be sunny with highs in the lower 50's.

FU97
November 22nd, 2005, 06:34 AM
When push comes to shove, I-A football and volleyball rate higher it seems to CSTV. And with CBS in the mix, it ain't gonna get any prettier...

On a serious note, I find it a tad shocking the #2 seed won't be televised, and all the other seeds will.

You'll be even more shocked when you find out that an unseeded game is televised.

Black and Gold Express
November 22nd, 2005, 08:58 AM
You'll be even more shocked when you find out that an unseeded game is televised.

Not at all. Once the 2pm kickoff time was announced, you knew the chance for TV was slim. 2pm is always code for "No TV". :(

DTSpider
November 22nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128768294420&path=%21sports&s=1045855934844

TV leaves UR, HU fans out in cold
JOHN MARKON

While payoffs in sports tend to be directly related to wins and losses, there are occasions when effort and intentions need to be recognized.

One of them will be Saturday night, when the University of Richmond and Hampton University meet at HU's Armstrong Stadium in the first round of the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs. Kickoff time is a made-for-television 8 p.m.

It'll be cold. Not life-threatening cold or frostbite-inducing cold, but maybe cold enough to discourage spectators from buying tickets and cold enough to make the experience unpleasant for those in the seats. Long-range forecasts call for game-time temperatures in the 30s, perhaps dropping into the 20s by game's end. Those readings will be taken at the nearest airport. On campus at Hampton, it could feel considerably colder.

"We're surrounded on three sides by water," Pirates coach Joe Taylor told the Times-Dispatch's John O'Connor on Sunday. "Now, if it's going to be high-40s at [noon], you're talking about high 20s at 8. I just think we can do better than that."

This is Hampton's first home playoff game, assuredly a big deal. Pardon Taylor, who's also serving as the school's interim athletic director, if he wanted to offer his own and Richmond's fans a bit more than three hours of meat-locker conditions.

Playing a night game after Thanksgiving seemed particularly unnecessary since the broadcast outlet was ESPNU, one of the more obscure branch operations of ESPN proper and generally unavailable on cable systems both in Virginia and nationwide. Exposure for the two teams will be minimal, unless you're talking about players and fans who didn't throw on enough extra clothing.

The NCAA, by the way, isn't real big on playoff night games. Eight games are scheduled this weekend in I-AA, and the only other late start will be inside Northern Iowa's domed stadium, where anyone with access to the thermostat can preset the climate. ... read more

Contact John Markon at (804) 649-6891 or [email protected]

Black and Gold Express
November 22nd, 2005, 11:23 AM
Playing a night game after Thanksgiving seemed particularly unnecessary since the broadcast outlet was ESPNU, one of the more obscure branch operations of ESPN proper and generally unavailable on cable systems both in Virginia and nationwide. Exposure for the two teams will be minimal, unless you're talking about players and fans who didn't throw on enough extra clothing.

Now that's just a great paragraph. ESPNU is almost as worthless a channel right now as CSS is. It fills ESPN's need for programming, but the ongoing war with cable operators over subscription fees makes it unavailable to practically everyone without a dish. Which is by far the lion's share of the market.

Especially in light of all the playing down/trashing of Hampton, they are the one team in need of exposure so people can get a good view of them. Unfortunately all most people will see is a ticker score and box score in the paper.

Cincy App
November 22nd, 2005, 10:09 PM
ESPNU is almost as worthless a channel right now as CSS is.

Hey - ESPNU and CSS are great stations! I get both channels! Now if I could only get CN8...

GannonFan
November 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM

Man, a fan from a UNI program that hasn't won an outdoor playoff game in almost a decade, and that game was a tight affair against an Ohio Valley team for crying out loud, talking smack about playing outdoors - will wonders ever cease?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Lafayette Sports Network will be covering this game in the Philadelphia area (channel 60, which I get in my viewing area! :D ) This is a major reason why I am staying at home in Round 1... I want to see both UNH/Colgate and Lafayette/App St. (GSU/Texas St. is a bonus.)

Those with a dish may be able to get it as well:

EASTON, Pa. (www.lafayette.edu) - Lafayette's first round NCAA Division I-AA football playoff game at Appalachian State on Saturday will be broadcast live by the Lafayette Sports Network on RCN-4 and WBPH-60.

Fans of the 2004 and 2005 Patriot League champion Leopards may also watch the game at establishments and homes with a tunable satellite dish capable of receiving the KU satellite band (KU Band, SBS 6, Transponder K-5, downlink frequency 11823 Horiz. [prox 30 minute]).

I don't get ESPNU, so I will miss Richmond/Hampton. I'm not sure if CN8 is televising a game, too.

Any free radio feeds on the internet for one or all of these games, especially EWU/UNI?

November 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
...Any free radio feeds on the internet for one or all of these games, especially EWU/UNI?All the game's audio will be listed at the I-AA.org playoff coverage... the game you are asking about is already listed. :)

Mr. C
November 24th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Now that's just a great paragraph. ESPNU is almost as worthless a channel right now as CSS is. It fills ESPN's need for programming, but the ongoing war with cable operators over subscription fees makes it unavailable to practically everyone without a dish. Which is by far the lion's share of the market.

Especially in light of all the playing down/trashing of Hampton, they are the one team in need of exposure so people can get a good view of them. Unfortunately all most people will see is a ticker score and box score in the paper.
Actually, ESPNU is now available on both Dish Network and DirecTV, so if you have satellite, you can get those games.

November 24th, 2005, 07:24 PM
... the ongoing war with cable operators over subscription fees makes it unavailable to practically everyone without a dish. Which is by far the lion's share of the market...Cable TV is regional and in no way are the same channels available in every market so get a dish everyone. At least the main channels are the same.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
More info on televised games:

Mediacom has purchased the rights to Saturday's I-AA football playoff game between Southern Illinois and Eastern Illinois and will televise the game live on its central and southern Illinois cable systems, which cover approximately 100,000 households.

Mike Trude and Thad Jackson will call the action from O'Brien Stadium. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. CT.

That means the EWU/NIU game is the only game that won't have any TV coverage at all. I'd imagine Mediacom would have a place on satellite as well?

Mental note: Dish. Must ask Santa for one.

November 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM
More info on televised games...Gotta love those tenacious guys!! :bow:

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2005, 09:37 PM
More info on televised games:

That means the EWU/NIU game is the only game that won't have any TV coverage at all. I'd imagine Mediacom would have a place on satellite as well?

Mental note: Dish. Must ask Santa for one.

I'm devastated...... :bawling:

bcrawf
November 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
IS IT THAT HARD TO CALL US UNI!!! WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA- UNI :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2005, 08:43 AM
OR....PANTHERS!...............:beerchug:.......... ...........AWK!

PantherMan
November 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Man, a fan from a UNI program that hasn't won an outdoor playoff game in almost a decade, and that game was a tight affair against an Ohio Valley team for crying out loud, talking smack about playing outdoors - will wonders ever cease?

That OVC team, EIU, was seeded that year. Almost a decade, wasn't it like...2001? The answer is Yes. Might wanna do some more checkin' o' the facts next time there. Of our last 5 road playoff losses: 1 came @ National Champ Delaware, 2 came @ National Champ (I believe both years...at least 1) Montana, and 2 came @ eventual National Champ Marshall. I guess if you're gonna lose, ya might as well lose to the best... xprost2x

Stang Fever
November 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cal Poly's football game Saturday, Nov. 26, at Montana will be televised live on KSBY-TV (San Luis Obispo), picking up the feed from sister station KPAX-TV (Missoula). For people who have satellites and aren't in the viewing areas of KSBY or KPAX, here are the coordinates:

IA8 / K15 89 deg.
Downlink Freq: 11991 V
FEC 3/4
SR 6,148

Anyone with a digital m-peg 2 receiver can get the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2005, 04:02 PM
It's also official: Nicholls St. at Furman will be televised on CN8:

Live College Football
Date: Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 12:00 PM
Nicholls State at Furman

So it's on 'regional' TV but it will also be on throughout the northeast as well.

4 I-AA games on TV in my area. It takes some of the sting away from having Lehigh out of the playoffs. If I had a dish and ESPNU, I could watch 7 of the 8 games.

November 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
It's also official: Nicholls St. at Furman will be televised on CN8:
So it's on 'regional' TV but it will also be on throughout the northeast as well.
4 I-AA games on TV in my area. It takes some of the sting away from having Lehigh out of the playoffs. If I had a dish and ESPNU, I could watch 7 of the 8 games.Can anything be added to this:

12:00 p.m. EST Colgate (http://athletics.colgate.edu/Football/_private/NEW%20HAMPSHIRE%20FACT%20SHEET.pdf) @ #1 NEW HAMPSHIRE (http://www.unhwildcats.com/pdf/football/notes1121.pdf) | ESPN2 | AUDIO (http://media.yahoo.com/broadband/m/go/col/player?key=/nal/fb/nal112605cbk)
7:05 p.m. CST Eastern Washington (http://websrv.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/football/05fbrelease.pdf) @ NORTHERN IOWA (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://livestats.unipanthers.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/412190/) | AUDIO (rtsp://realserver.ewu.edu/broadcast/kewu.rm)
12:05 p.m. MST Cal Poly (http://www.gopoly.com/football/mens/2005/news/2005WeeklyRelease.pdf) @ MONTANA (http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/files/news_content/football_men/2005/fb_112305.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/griztracker/fb/2005/07ncaa1/) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://www.mtgriz.com/)
2:30 p.m. CST Georgia Southern (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/GeorgiaSouthernGameNotes.pdf) @ #4 TEXAS STATE (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://livestats.txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/412131/) | ESPN2 | AUDIO (http://radiostatesboro.com)
8:00 p.m. EST Richmond (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) @ #3 HAMPTON ( http://www.hamptonu.edu/athletics/football/2005%20Football/Game%20Notes/vs.%20Richmond%20(11-26-05).pdf) | ESPNU | AUDIO (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/rrc#)
12:30 p.m. EST Nicholls State (http://www.colonelsports.com/pdf/2005%20Furman%20Game%20Notes.pdf) @ FURMAN (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/furm/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | CSS | AUDIO (http://media.yahoo.com/broadband/m/go/col/player?key=/fau/fb/fau112605far)
1:00 p.m. CST Southern Illinois (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) @ EASTERN ILLINOIS (http://www.eiu.edu/~sprtinfo/releases/football/05_FB-Release.pdf) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://www.weiufm.org/)
2:00 p.m. EST Lafayette (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/AppalachianState2005.pdf) @ #2 APPALACHIAN STATE (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/football/2005playoffs/notes/asunotes.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://stats.goasu.com/football/xlive.htm) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://goasu.com/index.php?page=276&mSearch=&mSport=&stream=0)

(Select the school name link for game notes. Home Team in CAPS)

PantherMan
November 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Can anything be added to this:

12:00 p.m. EST Colgate (http://athletics.colgate.edu/Football/_private/NEW%20HAMPSHIRE%20FACT%20SHEET.pdf) @ #1 NEW HAMPSHIRE (http://www.unhwildcats.com/pdf/football/notes1121.pdf) | ESPN2 | AUDIO (http://media.yahoo.com/broadband/m/go/col/player?key=/nal/fb/nal112605cbk)
7:05 p.m. CST Eastern Washington (http://websrv.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/football/05fbrelease.pdf) @ NORTHERN IOWA (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://livestats.unipanthers.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/412190/) | AUDIO (rtsp://realserver.ewu.edu/broadcast/kewu.rm)
12:05 p.m. MST Cal Poly (http://www.gopoly.com/football/mens/2005/news/2005WeeklyRelease.pdf) @ MONTANA (http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/files/news_content/football_men/2005/fb_112305.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/griztracker/fb/2005/07ncaa1/) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://www.mtgriz.com/)
2:30 p.m. CST Georgia Southern (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/GeorgiaSouthernGameNotes.pdf) @ #4 TEXAS STATE (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/txst/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://livestats.txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/412131/) | ESPN2 | AUDIO (http://radiostatesboro.com)
8:00 p.m. EST Richmond (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) @ #3 HAMPTON ( http://www.hamptonu.edu/athletics/football/2005%20Football/Game%20Notes/vs.%20Richmond%20(11-26-05).pdf) | ESPNU | AUDIO (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/rrc#)
12:30 p.m. EST Nicholls State (http://www.colonelsports.com/pdf/2005%20Furman%20Game%20Notes.pdf) @ FURMAN (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/furm/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) | CSS | AUDIO (http://media.yahoo.com/broadband/m/go/col/player?key=/fau/fb/fau112605far)
1:00 p.m. CST Southern Illinois (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf) @ EASTERN ILLINOIS (http://www.eiu.edu/~sprtinfo/releases/football/05_FB-Release.pdf) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://www.weiufm.org/)
2:00 p.m. EST Lafayette (http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/AppalachianState2005.pdf) @ #2 APPALACHIAN STATE (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/content/football/2005playoffs/notes/asunotes.pdf) | LIVE STATS (http://stats.goasu.com/football/xlive.htm) | LOCAL TV | AUDIO (http://goasu.com/index.php?page=276&mSearch=&mSport=&stream=0)

(Select the school name link for game notes. Home Team in CAPS)

Too bad that the EWU-UNI game won't be televised in any way. A potential high scoring shootout led by 2 good QBs would be good for IAA PR. Oh well. xprost2x

Mountain Panther
November 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Too bad that the EWU-UNI game won't be televised in any way. A potential high scoring shootout led by 2 good QBs would be good for IAA PR. Oh well. xprost2x

Our AD was confident that ESPN would pick up our game. Listening online will be brutal but better than nothing.

PantherMan
November 25th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Our AD was confident that ESPN would pick up our game. Listening online will be brutal but better than nothing.

Well I'll be at the game, but this is a poor scheduling job by ESPN in my opinion. Some of the games that will be televised will be ugly. This game has the makings of a shootout! xprost2x

Black and Gold Express
November 26th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Lafayette seems to have online video available for the game. I'm on the fence about it though. If I'm going to listen to homer calls, I'll put ASN on the internet feed audio, and watch the espn2 games with the sound down.

89Hen
November 26th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Some of the games that will be televised will be ugly.
:confused: Curious as to which you think are going to be ugly.

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
:confused: Curious as to which you think are going to be ugly.
Colgate-UNH looks like a candidate right now.

NovaHater
November 26th, 2005, 05:25 PM
That OVC team, EIU, was seeded that year. Almost a decade, wasn't it like...2001? The answer is Yes. Might wanna do some more checkin' o' the facts next time there. Of our last 5 road playoff losses: 1 came @ National Champ Delaware, 2 came @ National Champ (I believe both years...at least 1) Montana, and 2 came @ eventual National Champ Marshall. I guess if you're gonna lose, ya might as well lose to the best... xprost2x

Win tonight and you can have that honor again next week of losing to the best team in the country. :hurray:

Hopefully that will be on ESPN next week so you won't keep whining about not being on TV :nono:

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Win tonight and you can have that honor again next week of losing to the best team in the country. :hurray:

Hopefully that will be on ESPN next week so you won't keep whining about not being on TV :nono:

xsmoochx

Tubby Raymond
November 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM

CN8 in our area had FU/NSU

PantherMan
November 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM

UNH is not nearly the team that Delaware was two years ago. If we can get by EWU, I like our chances.

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I'd worry about Eastern Washington first.