PDA

View Full Version : Myles Brand Has Cancer

grizband
January 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Myles Brand, president of the NCAA, was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer, and says prognosis is "not good"... xnonono2x

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=ArhvZsGGKLfbVEy0n0u2VuM5nYcB?slug=ap-ncaaconvention-brandillness&prov=ap&type=lgns

achrist70
January 17th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I feel bad for him, but this is what happens when you fire Bob Knight.

TCisMYhero
January 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Don't hate us bc of him....

Retro
January 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds like his situation is same as Patrick Swayze.. It's going to be tough.. I have liked the fact that Brand has emphasized academics over athletics in his term, especially in the face of so many BCS programs trying everything in their power to buck the system to win!

Syntax Error
January 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Prayers for Mr. Brand.

achrist70
January 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Don't hate us bc of him....

I was joking, but if you go to Indiana he is seriously one of the most hated people ever for that move.

NoCoDanny
January 17th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm sure the North Dakota fans are happy now because they've been so persecution by him.

TheValleyRaider
January 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM
You can never wish something like this on someone, and though I don't have great things to say about Brand or the NCAA he runs, I hope only for his swift recovery xnodx xnodx xprayx

JohnStOnge
January 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Myles Brand, president of the NCAA, was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer, and says prognosis is "not good"... xnonono2x

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=ArhvZsGGKLfbVEy0n0u2VuM5nYcB?slug=ap-ncaaconvention-brandillness&prov=ap&type=lgns

As far as I can tell, when it's pancreatic cancer, the prognosis is rarely if ever good.

grizband
January 18th, 2009, 11:53 AM
As far as I can tell, when it's pancreatic cancer, the prognosis is rarely if ever good.
This is very true. My father passed away from pancreatic cancer, one of the worst forms someone can contract. It has a five-year survival rate of about 5-10%.

JackTwice
January 18th, 2009, 12:39 PM
You can never wish something like this on someone, and though I don't have great things to say about Brand or the NCAA he runs, I hope only for his swift recovery xnodx xnodx xprayx

AMEN

bluehenbillk
January 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM
What's this have to do with FCS???

MplsBison
January 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone heard of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanzius_RF_Therapy

Seems like it could work.

clenz
January 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
What's this have to do with FCS???Brand is the president of the NCAA...that is what it has to do with FCS.

My thouughts and prayers go out to him

Old Cat Fan
January 18th, 2009, 03:09 PM

That my friend is a giant xnonox xnonox xnonox please delete your post.

EmeryZach
January 19th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I wish Myles the best in his fight.

I have great respect for the man and appreciate the work he has done to increase academics in college sports programs.