PDA

View Full Version : EIU doesn't play at UNI?

FlyBoy8
November 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
This says to me that SIU gets a home game and EIU is going there.

FlyBoy8
November 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
no GSU home game?????

FlyYtown
ysu please!

Chi Panther

I bet SIU at EIU.....

shakdaddy3
November 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
EWU is playing @ UNI... nothing about EIU or SIU yet

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Well, the Gateway auto-bid sure got no love in this pairing. EWU in the first round, and a potential game AT UNH? Unbelievable... :confused:

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Well, the Gateway auto-bid sure got no love in this pairing. EWU in the first round, and a potential game AT UNH? Unbelievable... :confused:

This is not as bad as you would think! EWU will be tough but I don't think they are the same team that they were during last years first round upset at SIU, the comittee helped us a little bit by giving us a home game against the team in the bracket with the worst record, 7-4. New Hampshire could also be tough but they are not your typical 1 seed either. First things first, take care of the Big Sky auto bid team.

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 12:45 PM
This is not as bad as you would think! EWU will be tough but I don't think they are the same team that they were during last years first round upset at SIU, the comittee helped us a little bit by giving us a home game against the team in the bracket with the worst record, 7-4. New Hampshire could also be tough but they are not your typical 1 seed either. First things first, take care of the Big Sky auto bid team.

I agree with most of what you said. However, sending EWU (preseason #1) to the Dome is a knock on the way UNI played this season. Eastern is tough when they're on. I still like our chances, but an EIU would have been preferred. UNH isn't the typical #1 seed, but their offense worries me. They pass...A LOT, and our defense is much more suited to preventing the run. IF we can get by EWU, that game with UNH could turn into a shootout, similar to that USC-Fresno game last night!

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I agree with most of what you said. However, sending EWU (preseason #1) to the Dome is a knock on the way UNI played this season. Eastern is tough when they're on. I still like our chances, but an EIU would have been preferred. UNH isn't the typical #1 seed, but their offense worries me. They pass...A LOT, and our defense is much more suited to preventing the run. IF we can get by EWU, that game with UNH could turn into a shootout, similar to that USC-Fresno game last night!

I never thought I would say this but do you think a game in New Hampshire in December might actually help the Panthers out with the way they throw the ball?

Obzerver
November 20th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Should be a good one bewtween UNI and EWU. We do have a common opponent in NAU. You won at home 41-17 we won at Flagstaff 42-14(with six starters out). This EWU team is much better than last years team when healthy and we're getting there...

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I never thought I would say this but do you think a game in New Hampshire in December might actually help the Panthers out with the way they throw the ball?

From what I've heard bout UNH's D, they cause turnovers, but give up mucho points. I think that the biggest thing for us will be to establish Freeney and Horne if we make it to the 2nd round. Keep the Defense fresh and off the field as much as possible! The way Sanders throws the ball, I think that the wind speed is the biggest difference maker for him. He tends to "float" the ball a bit, and in windy conditions that could be a cause for concern. I would have preferred a second round matchup with Texas State (San Marcos...), but I guess it's nice to be in!

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Should be a good one bewtween UNI and EWU. We do have a common opponent in NAU. You won at home 41-17 we won at Flagstaff 42-14(with six starters out). This EWU team is much better than last years team when healthy and we're getting there...

Ya, we had about 15 starters out at the beginning of the third quarter. I don't think that we threw the ball but 2 times the whole second half. Not to mention the fact that we turned the ball over 5 times in the first 40 minutes of the game!

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Ya, we had about 15 starters out at the beginning of the third quarter. I don't think that we threw the ball but 2 times the whole second half. Not to mention the fact that we turned the ball over 5 times in the first 40 minutes of the game!

3 times in the first 5 minutes! :eek: