PDA

View Full Version : Southern finalizes Thursday Night game

813Jag
January 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Southern will face Prairie View on October 22 (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/37553049.html?showAll=y&c=y). Southern's also looking for a game on October 17.

nwFL Griz
January 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I like how the article states that Southern is looking for an OOC opponent for Oct 17 and will play any FCS or Div II program. That is how scheduling should be done...."we'll play anyone!" xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I like how the article states that Southern is looking for an OOC opponent for Oct 17 and will play any FCS or Div II program. That is how scheduling should be done...."we'll play anyone!" xthumbsupx

Southern wants a home game. Would they be willing to do a home-and-home with any FCS foe?

I do not think there are any openings in the SLC that week, but perhaps this would open the door for a nice OOC game between SU and someone else.

The open dates according to FootballScoop...which I know is not accurate because I believe ODU is set. Not sure on the other schools. List also included Iona and well, we know what happened there. Is NCCU available? That'd be interesting match-up considering what happened the last time with the thefts at Southern.

Liberty
North Carolina Central
North Dakota
Old Dominion
UC-Davis

RabidRabbit
January 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM
USD Coyotes may be interested as well.

Southern was a nice start for SDSU xthumbsupx

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Is NCCU available? That'd be interesting match-up considering what happened the last time with the thefts at Southern.
It was someone who work @ NCCU. The incident was captured on tape.

McTailGator
January 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Southern will face Prairie View on October 22 (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/37553049.html?showAll=y&c=y). Southern's also looking for a game on October 17.

Just say NO to Thursday night!

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Just say NO to Thursday night!
SU has no choice, its in the contract that the SWAC signed with ESPN. SU avoided it for a while, but I guess they are forcing the issue now. xmadx