PDA

View Full Version : Harold Nichols named new Presbyterian HC

pcguy09
January 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.wspa.com/spa/sports/college/college_football/article/pc_to_name_nichols_head_football_coach/13400/

News release from News channel 7

Cobblestone
January 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I remember when he was our OC. I wonder if he'll add Tim Stowers to his staff.

MDFAN
January 14th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Anyone got a spare OC?

Franks Tanks
January 14th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Anyone got a spare OC?

You guys will be solid wothout the goofy triple option. I would consider this good for the Bison. Bucknell is a great school-- no reason why you cant attrcat top level talent and ditch the triple option IMO

MDFAN
January 14th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I don't disagree with the ditching the triple...I think they definantly need to do that I'm just not so sure with Landis there it doesn't go right back to a more traditional triple option.

Franks Tanks
January 14th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I don't disagree with the ditching the triple...I think they definantly need to do that I'm just not so sure with Landis there it doesn't go right back to a more traditional triple option.

I see-- thats makes sense as it really is Landis's baby. I hate when a coach is so into their system they cannot change even when it doesnt really make sense for the team.

MDFAN
January 14th, 2009, 08:38 AM
What worries me even more is Landis goes triple option again next year BU goes 3-9 he gets fired and then we have a third O.C. in 3 years!!

Brad82
January 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
As a running game coordinator=A.
As a play-caller =D-F.

While @ Rhody.

MDFAN
January 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
yeah I saw a few head scratchers while he was at Bucknell but I know he was well liked and respected by the players.

TTUEagles
January 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
So what happens to Coach Doug Malone?

MDFAN
January 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
they do now!!!!

catamount man
January 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM

Carson-Newman fans would welcome him as their new DC. It's his alma mater.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Libertine
January 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
For the last two years, PC has run a spread pass-wacky offense that is the very antithesis of the option.

pcguy09
January 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Nichols said today that we will run a no huddle offense. He likes to throw the ball(he was a QB at PC), but that he has also worked under several option type offenses. He is gonna sit down and look at the type of players we have, and then decide what direction he would like to go. It's not set in stone we will run the triple option. at least we probably won't for a year or so. He also said the offense would be wide open

MDFAN
January 15th, 2009, 06:52 AM
hybrid triple option/spread guaranteed!!

Hoseinexile07
January 15th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I'm glad that we hired a new coach so soon after Bobby's resignation. I just hope he's down for living up to what he says he will do. Bobby wasn't so strong in that department, perhaps because he got in over his head, or deeper than he wanted to swim. Nichols knows the I-AA game and seems to have his head straight on his shoulders.

Tuesday, the night I found out he was hired, I had a dream that I was at the first day of spring practice watching him and the team. All I could think about were how ugly the uniforms were. They looked like Georgia Southern's but were royal blue and silver instead of navy and white. Talk about strange.xconfusedx

ngineer
January 15th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Any relation the the "Harold Nichols" of wrestling fame? The head coach of Iowa State for many years, when Gable wrestled, was Harold Nichols.?????

MDFAN
January 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I don't think so...Coach Nichols was from New Smyrna Florida...but I guess it could be extended family.

Purple Pride
January 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Doug remained at PC and was named offensive line coach.