PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Coach to Elon

elon77
January 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM
It has been anounced that Princeton Assistant Coach Scott Sallach is headed to Elon as one of their new Assistant Coaches. Can anyone shed some light on this coaches history and what can us Elon fans look forward to.

PhoenixPhan06
January 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM
It has been anounced that Princeton Assistant Coach Scott Sallach is headed to Elon as one of their new Assistant Coaches. Can anyone shed some light on this coaches history and what can us Elon fans look forward to.

Here's the link to the athletics website that talks about each of the three new coaching promotions/hires and what they have done over their respective careers.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=5969

PhoenixPhan06
January 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM

Coach Lembo spoke very highly of all three during a meeting on Wednesday night. He couldn't go into too much detail about the hires since there was still some paperwork to finalize but the overall feeling was that all three are great additions to the staff.

Franks Tanks
January 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Coach Lembo spoke very highly of all three during a meeting on Wednesday night. He couldn't go into too much detail about the hires since there was still some paperwork to finalize but the overall feeling was that all three are great additions to the staff.

Is John Strollo no longer on the staff at Elon? John was my coach at Lafayette and have followed his travels over the years-- rumor has he was let go at Elon is that true?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I've seen Sallach's quarterbacks and receivers up close, and he loves QBs that can run. Jeff Terrell, the QB that was there when the Tigers won an Ivy co-championship with Yale, was their best one. As far as receivers, he also coached WR Brendan Circle and some other really good possession receivers.

I think Terrell is still floating around an NFL roster somewhere. Interesting IMO that Lembo would get a guy who loves mobile QBs that can manage a game effectively when to me Riddle is such a good pure dropback passer.

elon77
January 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Is John Strollo no longer on the staff at Elon? John was my coach at Lafayette and have followed his travels over the years-- rumor has he was let go at Elon is that true?

He is still listed on their web site as the tight end coach. If a coach is let go they usually are off the coaching list pretty fast and his name is still listed. xconfusedx

GaSouthern
January 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Surprised no cITADEL fans are commenting.

elon77
January 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Surprised no cITADEL fans are commenting.

They have got to worry about their band, not their coaches.xlolx I'm sorry, I just had to bring that back up. At least I didn't mention the VMI cheerleaders, opps. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Any idea the number of assistants Lembo has had while at Elon? He went through coordinators at a pretty good clip during his time at Lehigh.

ngineer
January 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Assistant coaching positions at the collegiate level are like revolving doors. Lembo told me he kept a list in his desk of various coaches around the country who he had 'networked' over the years in the likely event one or more of his assistants would bolt for greener pastures in the never-ending attempt to climb the ladder. The old saying "keep your resume polished" is never more apropos than in college coaching.xrotatehx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Assistant coaching positions at the collegiate level are like revolving doors. Lembo told me he kept a list in his desk of various coaches around the country who he had 'networked' over the years in the likely event one or more of his assistants would bolt for greener pastures in the never-ending attempt to climb the ladder. The old saying "keep your resume polished" is never more apropos than in college coaching.xrotatehx

Not to hijack the thread but how many assistants has Coen lost in 3 years? I can't think of any.

ngineer
January 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Not to hijack the thread but how many assistants has Coen lost in 3 years? I can't think of any.

Oh yes. RJ Ryan who was with Coen in 2006 is now a coordinator, I think, at F&M College D-III. Jesse Gambone a DB coach is no longer with the staff, nor is Kenny Lockard who was an Asst. DL coach. The "top" assistants are still in place.
Coen brought in two new assistants this past year: Brisson as asst. RB coach, who replaced a guy named Kapusta out of Penn who was only on staff in 2007, and Sanders from Louisville as an LB asst. coach, who replaced Lockard.