PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Announces 2009 Football Schedule

McNeeserocket
January 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
McNeese releases its 2009 Football Schedule.
http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93660&SPID=11448&DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=3644325

McNeese will have 6 home games and 5 road games. The schedule includes two road games against Applachian State on September 12 and Tulane University on September 26.

Two other OCC home games include Henderson State on September 5 and Savannah State on September 19.

Conference opens up on October 10 on the road against SFA .

GAD
January 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Are App State and Savannah state home and home or single games?

McNeeserocket
January 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Both are single games. However, Appst. agreed to a two year home and home deal for 2013 and 2014 where Appst comes to McNeese first.

McTailGator
January 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Single games.

McNeese would not travel to S-State at this point in their existance, although I wouldn't mind a trip to Savanah. :)

App gave us a bucket load to get us there this year, and promised a home and home with us in 1013 (LC) and 1014 (Boone)

I would bet this will be an SLC-TV (or better) broadcast so a lot of FCS fans will get to see this one.

McNeese State 2009 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Kickoff
S. 5 Henderson State 7 p.m.
S. 12 at Appalachian State TBA
S. 19 Savannah State 7 p.m.
S. 26 at Tulane TBA
O. 3 Open
O. 10 at Stephen F. Austin TBA
O. 17 Northwestern State 7 p.m.
O. 24 Southeastern Louisiana 7 p.m.
O. 31 at Nicholls State TBA
N. 7 Sam Houston State 7 p.m.
N. 14 at Texas State TBA
N. 21 Central Arkansas 7 p.m.

UNHWildCats
January 12th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Single games.

McNeese would not travel to S-State at this point in their existance, although I wouldn't mind a trip to Savanah. :)

App gave us a bucket load to get us there this year, and promised a home and home with us in 1013 (LC) and 1014 (Boone)

I would bet this will be an SLC-TV (or better) broadcast so a lot of FCS fans will get to see this one.

Date Opponent Kickoff
S. 26 at Tulane TBA
O. 3 Open
N. 14 at Texas State TBA
Does that involve using a time machine :p

Tribe4SF
January 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Still with a D-II on the schedule.xthumbsdownx

As usual, the pressure will be on to win the conference to get a bid.

appsfan
January 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Boone on Sept. 12th. Any Cowboys fans coming to Boone?

BEAR
January 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Date Opponent Kickoff
S. 26 at Tulane TBA
O. 3 Open
N. 14 at Texas State TBA

Any takers on how the season will play out? xlolx Just kidding! Nice schedule! Guess I'll be driving down to Mcland to watch our game this year. Should be fun! Fire up the grills early!

I have to give props to Henderson State. They have played and aren't afraid to play teams like UCA, McNeese etc.. If there is any school that will get better with time and competition they face, it will be Henderson State! Go Reddies!
(sorry, they're an old AIC foe)

McNeese75
January 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Boone on Sept. 12th. Any Cowboys fans coming to Boone?

xnodx

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
App St vs McNeese will NOT be an SLC TV game.

SLC has no control of road games. It may end up being available on SLC Now or Cowboy Insider since App St is a JumpTV school, if the game is not telecast through other means.

Right now, the SLC TV will probably air some of these games...

9-5 or 9-19 SHSU vs Western Illinois or SHSU vs North Dakota St
9-19 SELU vs Alcorn State
9-26 TxSt vs Texas Southern

They'll air TXST-TXSO because that covers the Houston market big time and that's a big goal of the SLC. Figure they'll do one, if not both of the SHSU OOC games.

GeauxLions94
January 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Single games.

Date Opponent Kickoff
S. 26 at Tulane TBA
O. 3 Open
N. 14 at Texas State TBA

Nah ... just involves a trip to Lake of Charles and Ye Olde Boone

Retro
January 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM

We wouldn't have to schedule a Div II if you wusses from the CAA would schedule more OOC home and home games.xwhistlex

Plus, just because there is 1 Div II team on there doesn't mean Mcneese has to win the conference.. They could still easily have 8 or 9 D-I wins and 1 being a conference loss to the eventual slc champ if it even comes to that!xnonox

BEAR
January 13th, 2009, 02:42 PM
We wouldn't have to schedule a Div II if you wusses from the CAA would schedule more OOC home and home games.xwhistlex

Plus, just because there is 1 Div II team on there doesn't mean Mcneese has to win the conference.. They could still easily have 8 or 9 D-I wins and 1 being a conference loss to the eventual slc champ if it even comes to that!xnonox

So true. Heck, even FBS schools schedule FCS schools to get wins. Sometimes just the total wins looks great (UCA 10-2) to a recruit. That always helps. Even if they don't count toward the playoffs, a division II win helps get the team organized, builds up team morale(sp?) (sometimes), and helps the coach organize who is playing where. Too many division II teams and you're risking injury on a game that won't count toward the playoffs. That's not good. Ups and downs to both scenarios I guess. McNeese, we're coming to claim our second unofficial SLC title. xlolx

buckp
January 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM
You BEARS need to come down Friday night (Nov.20th)....so I can take you out to eat! xnodx

McNeeserocket
January 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM

McNeese would love to not to schedule Division II and lower schools, but we find it extremely difficult to find FCS out of conference schools to schedule. This is something you may not have problems doing because your conference has 14 members. We presently only have 8 schools which necessitates us having to schedule 4 out of conference teams each year.

How many Southland schools has your AD scheduled in the last 5 years? I am sure your AD realizes that he/she would rather schedule close to home non-conference match ups and not have to travel very far as teams on the east coast are plentiful. If your AD wishes to schedule McNeese, or any other Southland school in the near future, please tell him that the Southland teams would love to schedule a home and away contract with any Colonial Team.

Anyone, anytime, and anywhere, but in FCS case it should be a home and home contract!

BEAR
January 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
You BEARS need to come down Friday night (Nov.20th)....so I can take you out to eat! xnodx

Sounds great! xthumbsupx

proasu89
January 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM

They're gonna go Medieval on our a$$e$xeekx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Let's see, the OVC, MVC, SoCon, SWAC and some members of the Pioneer and MEAC are all closer to the Southland than the CAA. If none of them will do a home and home, why would you expect the CAA schools to do so?

My school is in need of games. If you have a way to make a series revenue neutral, I'll personally deliver it to our AD. The reason there aren't home and home series in virtually all cases has nothing to do with one's intestinal fortitude. The reason is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

McTailGator
January 13th, 2009, 04:59 PM

xsmiley_wix

Throw back game! xlolx

McTailGator
January 13th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Talk to your AD and see if they want to come down to Lake Charles for a game.

We would love to play some North Eastern schools.

McTailGator
January 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM

I'll be there!xbeerchugx

McNeese75
January 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
They're gonna go Medieval on our a$$e$xeekx

Based on what is coming back at ASU next year we may need a little help :D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/Vikings_fight.JPG/800px-Vikings_fight.JPG

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Pokes...

If you guys need help, we'll send along a Jedi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwO7m34mgs

BEAR
January 13th, 2009, 09:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/Vikings_fight.JPG/800px-Vikings_fight.JPG

Geez. Bad credit matters there. xnodx xlolx

RabidRabbit
January 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
McNeese would love to not to schedule Division II and lower schools, but we find it extremely difficult to find FCS out of conference schools to schedule. This is something you may not have problems doing because your conference has 14 members. We presently only have 8 schools which necessitates us having to schedule 4 out of conference teams each year.

How many Southland schools has your AD scheduled in the last 5 years? I am sure your AD realizes that he/she would rather schedule close to home non-conference match ups and not have to travel very far as teams on the east coast are plentiful. If your AD wishes to schedule McNeese, or any other Southland school in the near future, please tell him that the Southland teams would love to schedule a home and away contract with any Colonial Team.

Anyone, anytime, and anywhere, but in FCS case it should be a home and home contract!

USD would like McNeese to honor their home n home. Yotes were in Lake Charles last year. Why did McNeese postpone/buy out the trip to USD. Likewise UCA, aren't you due for a trip to lovely Vermillion?

McTailGator
January 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
USD would like McNeese to honor their home n home. Yotes were in Lake Charles last year. Why did McNeese postpone/buy out the trip to USD. Likewise UCA, aren't you due for a trip to lovely Vermillion?

Again,

McNeese offered to move the game to another year OR we offered a check.

They decided to take the money and bring in another team.

So now they get a check from McNeese AND the revenue from a new home game.

Their fans might want McNeese but their AD wanted the $$$$$$.

McNeese75
January 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Pokes...

If you guys need help, we'll send along a Jedi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwO7m34mgs

Which one is Kooter??? :D

BEAR
January 14th, 2009, 08:23 PM

You obviously don't know the financial situation of UCA. Our road trip for OOC last year was to Tulsa...just a few hours up the road on the I40 and we got paid. The SLC is far enough distance for us next year with trips to Houston, Lake Charles, Hawaii (yeah, we get paid for that one), SELA, and Northwestern State. $$$$ is the big thing now. We don't have it. xreadx

GeauxLions94
January 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Yotes were in Hammond last year and in Lake Chuck the year before ... Lions come to Vermillion in 2009 and could be coming to Brookings in 2011 or 2012.

And why do you care about USD RR ... don't you hate the Yotes???

McNeese72
January 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM

From what I have heard, since we had a chance to play APP St. next season, we wanted to move the game to another year. USD opted for the buy-out clause instead.

Doc

UCABEARS75
January 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM

I believe the year we played ya'll was your last year of D-II and we paid you to come to Conway.

I am pretty sure we have signed a home and home with UND and it would make sense in the future to play all the Dakota teams plus any of the Mo. Valley schools.

With travel expenses being what they are these match-ups make more sense than any trips to the coast and home and homes are hard to find.

RabidRabbit
January 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yotes were in Hammond last year and in Lake Chuck the year before ... Lions come to Vermillion in 2009 and could be coming to Brookings in 2011 or 2012.

And why do you care about USD RR ... don't you hate the Yotes???

Only when we play. Otherwise, I wish them good success in getting challenging games rather than playing NAIA, D-III, D-II teams. They do need to do their due diligence and get on the road for FCS games as front end of 2-4-1 or home/home.

Kind of surprised that they took the cash. Although they're a poor sibling relative to the other three Dakota schools.