PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Announces 2009 Football Schedule

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2009, 01:06 PM
As expected -- home games vs WIU and NDSU with a road game at PV. The new addition -- FBS game is against Todd Graham and Tulsa.

Three FCS games (two at home, one "local") and a regional FBS game. This is the best schedule we've seen to date.

There's a few Kat fans upset over the lack of a Division II game.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=3643880

SAM HOUSTON STATE
9-5...WESTERN ILLINOIS
9-12...at Prairie View
9-19...NORTH DAKOTA STATE
9-26...at Tulsa
10-3...BYE
10-10...NICHOLLS STATE
10-17...at Southeastern Louisiana
10-24...at Stephen F. Austin
10-31...NORTHWESTERN STATE
11-7...at McNeese State
11-14...CENTRAL ARKANSAS
11-21...at Texas State-San Marcos

slostang
January 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Looks great. I was hoping to see Cal Poly on it. I would enjoy seeing a home and home with SHSU. Maybe in 2010.

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Looks great. I was hoping to see Cal Poly on it. I would enjoy seeing a home and home with SHSU. Maybe in 2010.

Won't see it in 2010.

We're set. Road trips to WIU and Baylor plus home games vs Gardner-Webb and Prairie View. We are also reportedly playing Lamar, so perhaps the PV or GW game is scratched/pushed back. Not sure which because PV and us may have had scheduling issues as we were originally supposed to play in 2008 and 2009. Thanks Ike!

Panther88
January 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Excellent schedule for the BearKats! xthumbsupx

Hopefully PV will do it's job and give SHSU some good competition and not the semblance of a D-II game. :)

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Where's Mplsbison? Your game with them will be cancelled once he sees this.

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hopefully PV will do it's job and give SHSU some good competition and not the semblance of a D-II game. :)

P88 -- we ever figure out the deal with the second game in the SHSU-PV series? I think 2010 may be scrapped. We off to 2011 for the return visit?

Syntax Error
January 12th, 2009, 03:55 PM
The Sam Houston State football program has announced the 2009 schedule which is highlighted by a pair of Football Championship Subdivision out of conference home games and a trip to take on FBS Tulsa.http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=sam-houston-state-s-2009-schedule&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Panther88
January 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
P88 -- we ever figure out the deal with the second game in the SHSU-PV series? I think 2010 may be scrapped. We off to 2011 for the return visit?

I thought the "ike" related one was post-poned until 2011. xconfusedx THAT was the last I'd heard of it. Continue w/ the status quo (sched wise) and ink 2011 in for the return visit. (2 consec yrs of your place)

leatherneck177
January 12th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Looking forward to that season opener!

slycat
January 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I think its good not to have a DII. Y'all played too many recently.

Tribe4SF
January 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Kudos to SHSU for getting off the D-II stuff that has plagued Southland schedules for years.xthumbsupx

McNeese75
January 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Won't take long for the 09 Kats to find out what they are made of with that schedule. Good job!!! xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
January 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Kudos to SHSU for getting off the D-II stuff that has plagued Southland schedules for years.xthumbsupx

SHSU is nearly set for 2010 and 2011. We do not have a Div II on slate through 2011. We may not see one until 2012!

2010 OOC
Home: Gardner-Webb, Lamar
Road: Western Illinois, Baylor

2011 OOC (only three games with 8 SLC games with Lamar addition)
Home: Prairie View A&M, Western Illinois
Road: FBS TBA

GeauxLions94
January 13th, 2009, 12:48 AM
As expected -- home games vs WIU and NDSU with a road game at PV. The new addition -- FBS game is against Todd Graham and Tulsa.

Three FCS games (two at home, one "local") and a regional FBS game. This is the best schedule we've seen to date.

There's a few Kat fans upset over the lack of a Division II game.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=3643880

SAM HOUSTON STATE
9-5...WESTERN ILLINOIS
9-12...at Prairie View
9-19...NORTH DAKOTA STATE
9-26...at Tulsa
10-3...BYE
10-10...NICHOLLS STATE
10-17...at Southeastern Louisiana
10-24...at Stephen F. Austin
10-31...NORTHWESTERN STATE
11-7...at McNeese State
11-14...CENTRAL ARKANSAS
11-21...at Texas State-San Marcos

Chalk that one up as a loss ... in overtime :p

Seriously TT, you making the trip up to Hammond for this one (think it's Homecoming for us). Vball will have to be on the road that day or play really early on the Lakefront.

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Seriously TT, you making the trip up to Hammond for this one (think it's Homecoming for us). Vball will have to be on the road that day or play really early on the Lakefront.

The date is circled, GL94! xnodx

The wife knows about it as well.

We await the volleyball schedule. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Perhaps I can contact our VB coach, he's only told me about OOC.

May have to bring the lap top to the game in order to get a story out during the half. GL94, hoping this will be my first SHSU game since my last trip to Hammond.

gokats85
January 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think its good not to have a DII. Y'all played too many recently.

WAAAAY too many!

RabidRabbit
January 13th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Do well with that schedule, and have real chance for at-large if don't get AQ. xsmiley_wix

MaximumBobcat
January 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Great schedule. WIU, PVA&M, AND NDSU are all great OOC games.

katstrapper
January 14th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Won't take long for the 09 Kats to find out what they are made of with that schedule. Good job!!! xthumbsupx
Not being pessimistic here ,just realistic....

1-3 OOC schedule
2-5 Conference

3-8 overall, maybe 4-7, but no better. Lack of QB and crappy special teams play again in 2009 should put Whitten's buttocks burning in the hot seat. He will lose to UCA and McNeese again, two teams of which he is a combined 0-8 against since coming to SHSU.xnonox

BEAR
January 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Not being pessimistic here ,just realistic....

1-3 OOC schedule
2-5 Conference

3-8 overall, maybe 4-7, but no better. Lack of QB and crappy special teams play again in 2009 should put Whitten's buttocks burning in the hot seat. He will lose to UCA and McNeese again, two teams of which he is a combined 0-8 against since coming to SHSU.xnonox

Not saying that is true or will happen, but if that is the case, then SHSU has already lost the conference! and possibly an at-large bid is beyond reach! How horrible to possibly forsee this kind of year and be able to do nothing about it. xsmhx When UCA entered the FCS, I figured that a 6-5 record would be great. That's just one game above .500. I hoped for better and knew the coaches were working toward a better team, building the team so it could succeed. We were picked last again and went 6-5 and still had a shot at sharing the conference. The next year had high expectations and the team beat those! High expectations I guess. But to start the year off with the hopes of going .500 after being in the conference as long as SHSU has because of a coach.... unacceptable. xeekx I've heard this same story since UCA joined the SLC from Kat fans. Man I admire the Kat fever, but as long as things continue the way they are for you guys, the fans are gonna sound like Ark. State fans do now. xconfusedx

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
We have a few fans that crap on the coaches, even in positive posts about our student-athlete(s) and program. That's just what we have come to expect. I hope TW wins this year, because it would be very nice if some of these folks who post negative things 90% of the time, would have a reason to keep quiet for a few days.

We do not know what kind of team we are going to have this year. I figure we're bound to have a few transfers, possibly even one at the QB position. We may even have more changes forthcoming that our fans aren't "in the know" about just yet, that will bring a different look to our football team.

BEAR
January 14th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm glad to see something positive for the Kats. It is true that noone knows how a season will turn out. I just hope the Kats give UCA a game like they did last year! 48-46....a thrilla! xthumbsupx

katstrapper
January 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
We have a few fans that crap on the coaches, even in positive posts about our student-athlete(s) and program. That's just what we have come to expect. I hope TW wins this year, because it would be very nice if some of these folks who post negative things 90% of the time, would have a reason to keep quiet for a few days.

We do not know what kind of team we are going to have this year. I figure we're bound to have a few transfers, possibly even one at the QB position. We may even have more changes forthcoming that our fans aren't "in the know" about just yet, that will bring a different look to our football team.

Just call it like I see it, but of course you have to attend a game instead of looking at paper to get a feel of how the team is going to look. And quit sitting here like you are "IN THE KNOW" of it all.

What I DO KNOW is that we lost 28 seniors this year. Couple that with a few casualties that pop up every year and you are looking at a lot of players to replace. Add that with a defense that was near the bottom of the conference and a special teams unit that was even worse and a phenomenal QB gone, what do you have? Now look at that schedule for 2009 and you tell me what you see? ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! xconfusedx

gokats85
January 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Just call it like I see it, but of course you have to attend a game instead of looking at paper to get a feel of how the team is going to look. And quit sitting here like you are "IN THE KNOW" of it all.

What I DO KNOW is that we lost 28 seniors this year. Couple that with a few casualties that pop up every year and you are looking at a lot of players to replace. Add that with a defense that was near the bottom of the conference and a special teams unit that was even worse and a phenomenal QB gone, what do you have? Now look at that schedule for 2009 and you tell me what you see? ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! xconfusedx

WE HAVE A WINNER! REP POINTS!