PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Highlights from the 144th Meeting of "The Rivalry"

Lehigh Football Nation
January 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/01/highlights-of-144th-rivalry.html

I finally figured out this YouTube thing (now, don't I feel old? xlolx ), and I uploaded a Lehigh highlight reel of the 144th, including the postgame celebration.

Hoping to add YouTube support to my "Hawks of the Year" piece - which I need to get done, and soon.

What offseason? xeekx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Great watch for those who've never seen a PL game. Awesome atmosphere and of course a huge win for Lehigh's program. I wonder if anyone has ever seen the opposing teams fans take over a field and celebrate like that. Not the NC game of course.

How did you rip it? The quality is so-so at best and probably could have been better.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 12th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Watch it in "high quality", that should make a big difference (and make it watchable). xnodx

I think part of the problem is I expanding from an .mp4 I made at 320x240 and expanded it to YouTube's proportions. Then I pumped that through Premiere Elements to get the clips and assemble the movie. It was definitely a learning experience. I think next time I do it I'll take my original and make it YouTube ready (748x480?) from the get-go.

My original is broadcast quality (though not HD).

ngineer
January 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Ah, Yes! Great to relive that day...I see where you can now buy the DVD of the whole game through the Athletic Partnership..

For those around the country who have heard of the Lehigh-Lafayette Rivalry, but never have gotten to experience it, this video gives a good sense of the intensity both teams go into this game as well as the fans.

YaleFootballFan
January 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever seen the opposing teams fans take over a field and celebrate like that. Not the NC game of course.

Yale/Harvard is like that. The fans of the winning team always rush the field at the end, no matter where The Game is played.

A packed stadium is always a fun atmosphere. Great video, by the way!

Andy
January 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
LFN has inspired me. I will edit and upload highlight reels of the Lafayette wins in "The Rivalry" from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. I'll have great scenes of post game celebrations and, of course, of the Lafayette fans rushing the field. This will further educate those who've never experienced "The Rivalry". Stand by.