PDA

View Full Version : Iowa QB Jake Christensen to transfer

PapaBear
January 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Let the FCS speculation beginxcoffeex

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090111/SPORTS020502/90110017/1003/archive

R3TRO
January 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I guess we can thank Joe Flacco for this. xnonono2x

bleedblue
January 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I guess we can thank Joe Flacco for this. xnonono2x

Actually Georgia Tech xfer, Andy Hall was the only QB xfer to win UD a NC. So Andy started this xfer QB mess UD is in. Without Andy UD may have not ever gotten Joe.

PantherFan08
January 11th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I think alot of people are going to be surprised as to where he ends up!!

achrist70
January 11th, 2009, 01:19 PM
He could be a quality quarterback for some FCS program if he decides to go that way, but I don't see him being a miracle find for anyone, there are probably 10-15 quarterbacks in FCS that are better than him.

crunifan
January 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
There is a reason he is transferring. Ricky Stanzi was the back-up QB at Iowa until Ferentz pulled Christensen after poor play. Coincidentally, after making that switch, Iowa went on to win its last 6 of 7 while demolishing South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.

So the moral of the story is, who would want him? He sucks.

Franks Tanks
January 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
There is a reason he is transferring. Ricky Stanzi was the back-up QB at Iowa until Ferentz pulled Christensen after poor play. Coincidentally, after making that switch, Iowa went on to win its last 6 of 7 while demolishing South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.

So the moral of the story is, who would want him? He sucks.

He may not be a miracle worker, but he can be a solid QB for some program out there if he arrives with the proper attitude.

mainejeff
January 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Let the FCS speculation beginxcoffeex

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090111/SPORTS020502/90110017/1003/archive

UMass? ;)

Hansel
January 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
NDSU would take him

Big Al
January 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Jake wasn't as bad as some Hawkeye fans believed but he also wasn't as good as Ricky Stanzi, who is definitely a better QB by a large margin.

He'll find a home at a FCS program but I doubt he'll make any noise or lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Husky Alum
January 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Delaware. ;-)

PantherRob82
January 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Saw this coming a mile away. Hope he doesn't even contact us.

nmatsen
January 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
He could transfer to Indiana State. He and his dad wouldn't have to worry about pressure over there. Heck, he could transfer to UNI and he wouldn't get negative talk on our message board as it is now a new "rule" that you don't talk negative about student athletes.

SoDakState
January 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I think he would fit perfectly with the jacks considering the position we're in right now..

Model Citizen
January 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I think alot of people are going to be surprised as to where he ends up!!

Where do you (Panther Fan) predict he will go?

EIU86
January 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
His dad played at EIU before becoming an NFL quarterback.

JayJ79
January 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
He'll find a home at a FCS program but I doubt he'll make any noise or lead a team deep into the playoffs.

So you're saying that he's going to an OVC program?

j/k :p

chrisattsu
January 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
He could transfer to Indiana State. He and his dad wouldn't have to worry about pressure over there. Heck, he could transfer to UNI and he wouldn't get negative talk on our message board as it is now a new "rule" that you don't talk negative about student athletes.

Wow...

P2TheB
January 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Can Jake even transfer to an FCS school? He has only 1 year of eligibility remaining (that's with a RS year used up). I thought you had to now have 2 years of eligibility (or a RS year + an eligible year) in order to transfer from FBS to FCS.

nms1987
January 12th, 2009, 08:08 AM
<i>There is a reason he is transferring. Ricky Stanzi was the back-up QB at Iowa until Ferentz pulled Christensen after poor play. Coincidentally, after making that switch, Iowa went on to win its last 6 of 7 while demolishing South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.

So the moral of the story is, who would want him? He sucks.</i>

Jesus, what is with all the vitriol towards Jake Christensen?

The guy is a former 4-star recruit who put up a 17/6 TD-INT ratio as a sophomore.
There is some nice talent there and most FCS teams would love to have him as a starter.

Iowa suddenly being good this year wasn't because of Stanzi or Christensen BTW. That switch wasn't why they won 6 of 7.
The reason for that...SHONN GREENE.

DetroitFlyer
January 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Drake!

nmatsen
January 12th, 2009, 09:06 AM
<i>There is a reason he is transferring. Ricky Stanzi was the back-up QB at Iowa until Ferentz pulled Christensen after poor play. Coincidentally, after making that switch, Iowa went on to win its last 6 of 7 while demolishing South Carolina in the Outback Bowl.

So the moral of the story is, who would want him? He sucks.</i>

The guy is a former 4-star recruit who put up a 17/6 TD-INT ratio as a sophomore.
There is some nice talent there and most FCS teams would love to have him as a starter.

Iowa suddenly being good this year wasn't because of Stanzi or Christensen BTW. That switch wasn't why they won 6 of 7.

Wow, I can't even come to AGS now without running into blood sucking Iowa trolls.xoopsx

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2009, 10:59 AM
His dad played at EIU before becoming an NFL quarterback.

Please, take him.

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2009, 11:00 AM

Christensen sucks. I hate the Hawkeyes, but even I felt bad for them when he was QB. Terrible decision making and you're lucky if the ball hits the WRs above the knees.

PantherRob82
January 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Drake!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

nms1987
January 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
<i>Wow, I can't even come to AGS now without running into blood sucking Iowa trolls.</i>

Are you kidding me?
My FBS team is in the SEC! I could care less about Iowa.

I think anyone who knows crap about football can tell that having Shonn Greene has alot more to do with your wins/losses than Stanzi or Cristensen.

Big Al
January 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Stanzi at least gave Iowa a semi-credible passing threat, taking a bit of heat off Shonn Greene. Beyond that, Iowa isn't exactly QB U.

LehighFan11
January 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Alot of FCS teams would like Christensen on their roster. He may not win a Payton Award or anything but he could definitely compete for a starting job and preform well. He isn't a drop dead FBS transfer, but he shouldn't be ignored.

achrist70
January 12th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Christensen sucks. I hate the Hawkeyes, but even I felt bad for them when he was QB. Terrible decision making and you're lucky if the ball hits the WRs above the knees.

If it wasn't at their knees it was 10 feet above their head.

TCisMYhero
January 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
If it wasn't at their knees it was 10 feet above their head.

As opposed to Pat Grace who managed to overthrow a 6'7" receiver in the endzone? In the National Semifinals...

achrist70
January 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
what happened to not hating on your student athletes?

and Grace's throw was a little harder, Christensen would do it with guys wide open standing still

JayJ79
January 13th, 2009, 04:57 AM
what happened to not hating on your student athletes?

this is AGS, not PN. :p

clenz
January 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Christensen will be a 5th year SR next year, and to transfer D1 he needs 2 years of eligibility. I don't see any FCS school picking him up.

JackTwice
January 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Just found a link at CollegeFootballTalk.com that his father mentioning Illinois State as a possible destination among 16 other schools.

Link (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090116/SPORTS020502/901160376/1065)

SOCAL
January 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Just found a link at CollegeFootballTalk.com that his father mentioning Illinois State as a possible destination among 16 other schools.

Link (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090116/SPORTS020502/901160376/1065)

I love the quote from his Dad-----"He had his heart set on playing in the Rose Bowl"

Sounds like DaddyBall to me ------perhaps he should play at a D3 school where his true talents are:)

JackTwice
January 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I love the quote from his Dad-----"He had his heart set on playing in the Rose Bowl"

Sounds like DaddyBall to me ------perhaps he should play at a D3 school where his true talents are:)

Yeah, that is pretty much what I thought when I read it too. I know SDSU needs an experienced QB but when you see some of this stuff you start to think that maybe not that bad.

ValleyChamp
January 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM
What are you trying to say, SDSU has no shot at the Rose Bowl?

PantherRob82
January 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
How does he think he'll get a starting job without being in spring ball?

NDSUDude
January 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
How does he think he'll get a starting job without being in spring ball?

I agree he needs to get an understanding of the system being run
Regardless of how good he may be

JackTwice
January 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
What are you trying to say, SDSU has no shot at the Rose Bowl?

From what I've gathered from reading opinions here at AGS for awhile, NDSU has the best chance at the Rose Bowl, so I suppose we'll be seeing him there?

Thunderstruck84
January 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
From what I've gathered from reading opinions here at AGS for awhile, NDSU has the best chance at the Rose Bowl, so I suppose we'll be seeing him there?
Yup, damn all us NDSU fans, there wouldn't be any chest pounding on this board if it wouldn't be for us.

TCisMYhero
January 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Yup, damn all us NDSU fans, there wouldn't be any chest pounding on this board if it wouldn't be for us.

Well it's been a while since you've had anything to pound your chest about other than taking down too much of a hotdog and choking.... But you guys are definitely the most obnoxious about it (IMO).

Thunderstruck84
January 19th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Well it's been a while since you've had anything to pound your chest about other than taking down too much of a hotdog and choking.... But you guys are definitely the most obnoxious about it (IMO).
Why don't you spew your self satisfying contempt for the Bison on the smack board where it belongs. The main reason why the trolls in our fan base piss you off so much is because posters of your ilk do nothing but feed their ********* with comments like that.

TCisMYhero
January 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Why don't you spew your self satisfying contempt for the Bison on the smack board where it belongs. The main reason why the trolls in our fan base piss you off so much is because posters of your ilk do nothing but feed their ********* with comments like that.

Are you okay?

EmeryZach
January 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
oh boy, I see some punishments coming from the mods. xrotatehx

ValleyChamp
January 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM
NDSU is still waiting for the selection show to come on.