PDA

View Full Version : Most feared teams in the playoffs

Saint3333
November 20th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Which teams would you like to avoid in the playoffs?

For me it's
UNI
EWU
Richmond

To me these teams aren't the favorites but they are playing their best ball of the year right now.

But it's the national championship and every team left in most projected fields are quality teams.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Furman (anywhere)
UNH (unless it's in nooga)
Montana (at their house)

Call me superstitious, but I am always nervous about playing someone in the playoffs that you beat in the regular season. Especially someone that you had a close game with. Playing in Boone would be tough, but I also think we'd have the advantage for this reason.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 08:11 AM
UNI-SIU-YSU.
The Gateway may be underated among the people on here but I assure you all will do damage if they get by week 1.

colgate13
November 20th, 2005, 08:32 AM
UNI-SIU-YSU.
The Gateway may be underated among the people on here but I assure you all will do damage if they get by week 1.

Well that's a hell of a qualifier!

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2005, 08:34 AM

Keyword, IF.

Need to turn around what happened last year when it mattered most (i.e Western Kentucky and Southern Illinois)

rokamortis
November 20th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Right now my money is on App State. They have pretty much rolled the entire season. But like last year surprises are sure to occur.

May the playoffs be as bumpy and unpredictable as the past season has been.
:beerchug:

JohnStOnge
November 20th, 2005, 09:03 AM
That's funny...I probably would've picked Appalachian State.

Only thing is that App State has tended to underachieve in the playoffs. Kind of like McNeese only even worse.

Maybe this is the year they live up to their potential though.

Eaglegus2
November 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I am so glad that everyone isn't afraid to play Georgia Southern.

Only lost twice at Paulson in the playoffs and our overall record in the playoffs is 38 - 9. :D

Not to shabby if I say so myself. ;)

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 09:15 AM
UNI-SIU-YSU.

That might be the dubmest thing I have ever heard, "if they get by week 1". Ya, they will do damge if they all get past week 2, or if two of them go to Nooga. Just pray you get in Flytown!

REEM10
November 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM

Only lost twice at Paulson in the playoffs and our overall record in the playoffs is 38 - 9. :D

Im glad nobody is scared to play Hampton. I will just say to whoever is playing HU..Welcome to the HOME BY THE SEA...You have never experienced anything like this. Especially the visiting fans!!! Take us lightly and you MIGHT JUST DROWN and NEVER BE FOUND!!

Phrebert
November 20th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Anyone with a good defense. Since the Montana offense
has been horrible lately.

JohnStOnge
November 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM

I would have a hard time betting for anybody to beat Georgia Southern at Statesboro. I'd probably be most likely to pull the trigger if it was Appalachian State because I saw the Mountaineers on TV against LSU and they really, really have a lot of talent for a I-AA team. Their offensive line held up well against LSU's defensive front...and if you've seen LSU's defensive front play you know that's really saying something.

Their defensive front held up reasonably well too. Not as impressive as their offensive front...but still did a good job. The secondary had a tough game but, hey, look at LSU's receivers and their quarterback. And, they never let LSU get deep on them even though a couple of LSU's receivers are sprinters on a national championship caliber track team.

OL FU
November 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
This year I would say that you should fear almost everybody. No offense guys, but the one who is probably the least likely to be feared is EIU and only because the OVC has fared so poorly in the playoffs.

For reasons stated above, I would much rather play GSU (even at Paulson) than ASU. It is tough to beat a competitive team twice in the same season.

Cap'n Cat
November 20th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Im glad nobody is scared to play Hampton. I will just say to whoever is playing HU..Welcome to the HOME BY THE SEA...You have never experienced anything like this. Especially the visiting fans!!! Take us lightly and you MIGHT JUST DROWN and NEVER BE FOUND!!

Hampton wins in the 2005 playoffs when..........

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8098/222/1600/hell%20freezes%20over.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Anyone with a good defense. Since the Montana offense
has been horrible lately.

We did hold NAU to 54 yards yesterday on their 53 plays from scrimmage! -44 Yards Rushing!

Cap'n Cat
November 20th, 2005, 10:29 AM
We did hold NAU to 54 yards yesterday on their 53 plays from scrimmage! -44 Yards Rushing!

Impressive, matty.

Tell you what, though. UNI has some patching up to do if they're going to go deep into the playoffs. D-line needs to buck up. D-backs need to get tight. I know we've won some games lately, but, frankly, I'm worried going in.

:(

MarkCCU
November 20th, 2005, 10:34 AM
App. State

Saint3333
November 20th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Elon had 22 yards at half-time... ASU had 31 points.

I know it's just Elon, but the defense came to play.

Hamptongal
November 20th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Hampton wins in the 2005 playoffs when..........

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8098/222/1600/hell%20freezes%20over.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Cap'n have you been in the sauce again? ;) ;)

Cap'n Cat
November 20th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Cap'n have you been in the sauce again? ;) ;)

Nope. MOF, gave up the sauce until the next UNI tailgater. Gotta dry out.

BTW, what do you do in Iraqistan that allows you so much time on the 'Net posting about football with the rest of us idiots? Shouldn't you be out encouragin' democracy, or something? I mean, these ARE my tax dollars!!

:rolleyes: :D

SU Jag
November 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM
App. State