PDA

View Full Version : Best Website for Future FCS Schedules

leatherneck177
January 7th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I came across this on the Internet, I'm sure someone has posted this on the board before, but too good not to post again:

http://cfbpalace.net/schedule.html?ncaa_class=FCS

leatherneck177
January 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
BTW, hover over the white areas under the conferences. Sometimes the links come up white.

Seawolf97
January 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks

DSUrocks07
January 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
xlolx

it says here (http://cfbpalace.net/delaware.html) that UD will be playing Navy twice in 2010.

danefan
January 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
That is a good website. Thanks for posting.

leatherneck177
January 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
xlolx

it says here (http://cfbpalace.net/delaware.html) that UD will be playing Navy twice in 2010.

Maybe the date is still up in the air?

UNHFan
January 7th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Great site thanks!

GeauxLions94
January 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
xlolx

Maybe the date is still up in the air?

Home-and-Home ???

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Says we play: at Nicholls State Thibodaux, LA

not true. That was a one game deal.

nwFL Griz
January 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, not really that great a website. They are frequently wrong, the only thing I use it for is the little scheduling news bit they have on their front page.

leatherneck177
January 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, not really that great a website. They are frequently wrong, the only thing I use it for is the little scheduling news bit they have on their front page.

Thanks for the evidence that they are frequently wrong. Most of the teams I looked at were correct or close.

Tribe4SF
January 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Site has a mistake on W&M schedule for next year. Shows JMU on 11/14, but that is vs. New Hampshire. JMU game is Oct. 24.

College Football Fan
January 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I am one of the admins of CFBPalace. all the mistakes mentioned have been corrected (Navy future games with Delaware, and W&M 2009 schedule. we get some of the FCS schedule from AGS which has been real good. most of the FBS schedules come from team websites, newspapers articles and other sources.

if you have any comments suggestions, or other scheding news, you can pm me.

thanks
College Football Fan

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM
thanks for the updates.

TexasTerror
January 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I am one of the admins of CFBPalace. all the mistakes mentioned have been corrected (Navy future games with Delaware, and W&M 2009 schedule. we get some of the FCS schedule from AGS which has been real good. most of the FBS schedules come from team websites, newspapers articles and other sources.

if you have any comments suggestions, or other scheding news, you can pm me.

thanks
College Football Fan

Just curious where you got the SLC schedules.

Great web site, all of what you had matched up with what I had. xnodx

CatMom07
January 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Looks to me that over the next few seasons (after 2009) TxSt's conference schedule ends a week earlier than it normally would. So we add some team after SAM, or start in August to make the 11 games (if we want a bye week)?

I also noted that for the next 3 years we have MSU and UCA back to back

TexasTerror
January 8th, 2009, 06:53 AM
The bye week rotates every two years for the last week of the season. You are going to see the schedule rotate and there will be years (if you stick around to see it), where TXST and SHSU will not finish against each other (nor will the other rivalry games). We've covered this a bit in other threads...

On the whole, all conference schedules end a week earlier due to the changes to the playoffs. I'm just glad our bye comes relatively early at first, it'll be easier to schedule!

nwFL Griz
January 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the evidence that they are frequently wrong. Most of the teams I looked at were correct or close.

My comment is based on the last three years of schedule gathering, and is directed more at future schedules than current schedules. I scour the web and keep track of who does what (as far as schedules go), and both nationalchamps.net and cfbpalace.com are regularly wrong as far as future schedules go. this may be just a slow update or missing update....I don't know. I do know that when I start making the helmet schedule each year, I find that I have to cross check alot of what I get from those two sites.

All that being said, I do appreciate the work they put in and I still consider it a valuable resource.

My apologies if I came off as harsh in my earlier post.

leatherneck177
January 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
My comment is based on the last three years of schedule gathering, and is directed more at future schedules than current schedules. I scour the web and keep track of who does what (as far as schedules go), and both nationalchamps.net and cfbpalace.com are regularly wrong as far as future schedules go. this may be just a slow update or missing update....I don't know. I do know that when I start making the helmet schedule each year, I find that I have to cross check alot of what I get from those two sites.

All that being said, I do appreciate the work they put in and I still consider it a valuable resource.

My apologies if I came off as harsh in my earlier post.

No problem, my only concern was the fact that there isn't much else out there that puts such a comprehensive view on future schedules, especially at the FCS level. Even though there might be missing/incorrect date or two, it is a valuable resource like you stated. I had no idea of some of the upcoming FCS/FBS games.

CatMom07
January 8th, 2009, 10:09 AM
The bye week rotates every two years for the last week of the season. You are going to see the schedule rotate and there will be years (if you stick around to see it)

Unless I'm dead I'll be there xnodx

Thanks for the info TT

TexasTerror
January 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Unless I'm dead I'll be there xnodx

Was referring to the Bobcats! ;)

You'll note, the SLC has the slates through 2012. Which to me, shows TXST is committed atleast through 2012. Can start transition in 2013.

Also, no sign of UTSA. When are they going to ask the SLC to get in? If Lamar did not start football on time, they would've been out of the conference until 2013. They lucked out and are on the schedule.

ngineer
January 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Great and Thanks!..

Lehigh has an open date yet for 2010---either first weekend in Sept or first weekend in October. With 6 home games already shown, I would think we could get ourselves a nice trip. However, I note that the reciprical game with Drake is not listed--which is to occur in Iowa in 2010--so Maybe Drake hasn't decided when they want us to arrive?