PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Looking for New OC and DC?

NDB
January 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
DC Willie Mack Garza to New Mexico
OC Pat Perles to the MAC?

things are getting smelly in bisonville.

rutlandbison
January 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
DC Willie Mack Garza to New Mexico
OC Pat Perles to the MAC?

things are getting smelly in bisonville.

You are right.

MplsBison
January 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Nystrom and Vigen are more than capable.

They were co-coordinators anyway.

ndsubison
January 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Heard about Willie Mack going to New Mexico but what's this OC business? I know we usually lose one assistant per year to an FBS program but wow. Please enlighten.....thnx. While I'm at it, how many other FCS programs out there continually lose coaches to bigger programs and how often? xchinscratchx Anybody care to elaborate???

rutlandbison
January 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Heard about Willie Mack going to New Mexico but what's this OC business? I know we usually lose one assistant per year to an FBS program but wow. Please enlighten.....thnx. While I'm at it, how many other FCS programs out there continually lose coaches to bigger programs and how often? xchinscratchx Anybody care to elaborate???

Perles, as it is "rumored" on Hallstoms blog, got a job at Ball State.

ndsubison
January 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Perles, as it is "rumored" on Hallstoms blog, got a job at Ball State.

I wouldn't exactly consider Ball State "upward mobility". Maybe we beat them on a down year or maybe it's just the money. Don't get me wrong--I'm happy for Perles if it's true but if he went anywhere I assumed it would be to a Big 10 program. Afterall, doesn't he have some pretty deep Michigan State roots? Continuity seems so rare in today's football world. Let's just hope that Bohl can install capable replacements. Can't say that this is unexpected but I can't say that I like it, either.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Nystrom and Vigen are more than capable.

They were co-coordinators anyway.

On another board it was said that Nystrom is gone too!

NDB
January 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Nystrom would be our assistant head coach.

rutlandbison
January 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM
On another board it was said that Nystrom is gone too!

It looks like Nystrom is going to Eastern Michigan

MplsBison
January 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Interesting.

I don't think our DL coach is ready to take over the DC spot just yet. Hire a DC who is a secondary coach with experience and hire a new LB coach.

Hire a new OL coach, promote Vigen to OC.

UNI Pike
January 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Why would NDSU be losing so many coaches after an middling year? Bohl cleaning house? Just wondering, because while some turnover is normal, the amount being outlined above could definitely impact the team next year as new philosophies get sorted out.

SteelCurtain
January 7th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Why would NDSU be losing so many coaches after an middling year? Bohl cleaning house? Just wondering, because while some turnover is normal, the amount being outlined above could definitely impact the team next year as new philosophies get sorted out.

Pike, here is what is known/rumored. Our D-coordinator has been known about for sometime. Taking a job at New Mexico. I'm guessing for a substantial raise. so that was not a suprise. But then out of the Blue comes the news on the o-coordinator and here is where the answers are specuation or rumor. He basically went out and looked/interviewed for jobs without informing the HC or the AD. so either he quit to take a new job or was fired. Not sure?? On our other coach he expected to be handed the d-coordinator job and was told he would be considered but not handed the job he quit/fired??

So that is all I can give you. We will bounce back nicely as we still have a great coach who has proven to hire good coaches in fact from what I have been told he has already interviewed one of your coaches.

UNI Pike
January 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
We have already lost Jerry Montgomery DEF Line coach to Wyoming. I think there was another already announced, but cannot find the announcement.

I would not be surprised if someone else tried to poach Farley's crew. Scott Frost has been rumored leaving (one mention), but as CO-DEF coordinator, I think it would take more than a lateral move to NDSU to get him to move. That comment is spoken in a vacuum, as I have no idea what's going on in his world.

But if you want to take Offensive Coordinator Bill Salmon for the 4th quarter of each game, that might be alright.

SteelCurtain
January 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Nope..it's Frost. From what I'm told...

MplsBison
January 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
We have already lost Jerry Montgomery DEF Line coach to Wyoming. I think there was another already announced, but cannot find the announcement.

I would not be surprised if someone else tried to poach Farley's crew. Scott Frost has been rumored leaving (one mention), but as CO-DEF coordinator, I think it would take more than a lateral move to NDSU to get him to move. That comment is spoken in a vacuum, as I have no idea what's going on in his world.

But if you want to take Offensive Coordinator Bill Salmon for the 4th quarter of each game, that might be alright.

Laterial in terms of the same conference, yes.

Most definately a step up when you consider salary, facilities, prestige and the flagship school in the state.

IABison
January 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Most definately a step up when you consider salary, facilities, prestige and the flagship school in the state.

xpopcornx

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM

It's true. You do have more MVFC titles and FCS playoff appearances. ;)

bison95
January 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM

I think he meant in the State of North Dakota

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I think he meant in the State of North Dakota

No he didn't, we're talking about a coach going from UNI to NDSU. His only point about the state was that NDSU was the flagship and UNI is not.

Thundar
January 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Oh god this is gonna stir up somethingxnutsx xnutsx xnutsx

NDSUDude
January 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Losing Garza is a big loss for the program but not that big of a surprise.
Pat Perles is nothing that speical(not after our O fell apart this year)

I think we can do better than Perles.

rutlandbison
January 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Just don't listen to her. Do you ever learn just to shut your mouth.xnonono2x xspankx xshakingmadx

Eight Legger
January 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Well, everytime we have lost our head coach to an SEC program, we have rebounded and won the national championship the very next year. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Just don't listen to her. Do you ever learn just to shut your mouth.xnonono2x xspankx xshakingmadx

It's fun to bait the troll. Provides more entertainment.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Losing Garza is a big loss for the program but not that big of a surprise.
Pat Perles is nothing that speical(not after our O fell apart this year)

I think we can do better than Perles.

I agree....need new blood at the OC position!!xpeacex

NDSUDude
January 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
The same old stuff got really... old this season, mainly because it didn't really work that well for us this season.

And most fans will admit there was a lot of questionable play calls

bison95
January 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM
No he didn't, we're talking about a coach going from UNI to NDSU. His only point about the state was that NDSU was the flagship and UNI is not.

oops.. sorry I didn't realize whom I was defending! Thought I ahd him on my Ignore list!

I live in Iowa and from my point of view UNI is the flag shipxthumbsupx

ISU idiots need to stfu already. face it the clowns never have been or will be any good!

MplsBison
January 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM

How many DII titles did UNI have when they were DII?

TexasTerror
January 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Was informed NDSU was discussing a potential home-and-home series starting at home in the FFD in 2009 before going on the road in 2010. Is that unacceptable? How many home games do you have in 2010? ;)

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I agree....need new blood at the OC position!!xpeacex

Perles is a nice guy, but was too conservative IMO.

Thundar
January 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM

xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex

PantherRob82
January 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM

When was the last time we played in DII? You claimed to be God's gift to FCS. oops.

What's with you guys playing at Sam Houston? Thought you were above that. ;)

PantherRob82
January 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM

The same number we both have in FCS is also an acceptable answer.

BearsCountry
January 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM
We are only the the school that can raid UNI. :)

PantherRob82
January 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
We are only the the school that can raid UNI. :)

Apparently you only take the coaches we don't need. :D

NDSUDude
January 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM

He also was kind of living off of his fathers name

MplsBison
January 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM

Was he conservative or was he one of the few OCs that actually liked to hand the ball off to a running back?

Thunderstruck84
January 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I was ready to see Perles go when twice late in the season he called a quarterback sneak on 2nd and less than a yard.

UNI Pike
January 9th, 2009, 02:07 PM

I've got your flagship right here! The cartoon reference is applicable to the stated intent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammon) of your post.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jmo2056l.jpg

FargoBison
January 13th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Sounds like NDSU found a new OC in current QB Brent Vigen who had just completed his 11th season of coaching at NDSU.

NDSU also hired current SIU O-line coach Scott Fuchs to fill the vacant O-Line position are former OC was in charge of.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=40072

MplsBison
January 13th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Both are great hires and will do a great job coaching at NDSU!

Now to fill the DB\DC job and the LB job!

NDSUDude
January 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'm not that excited about the promotion we need some new ideas at NDSU the same old stuff just isn't doing it any more. :(

Woody Hayes
January 13th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I thought NDSU was the ultimate job? It seems everyone should be stepping over eachother to get to Fargo. I'm not throwing smack here, but does anyone else think that NDSU has hit the success ceiling already? Seriously.

Thundar
January 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I thought NDSU was the ultimate job? It seems everyone should be stepping over eachother to get to Fargo. I'm not throwing smack here, but does anyone else think that NDSU has hit the success ceiling already? Seriously.

xcoffeex xwhistlex xcoffeex xwhistlex xcoffeex

FargoBison
January 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Bohl took over in 2003-2004, here are the coordinators that have moved up the ladder....

Casey Bradley -- Tampa Bay Bucs(now Seattle Seahawks DC)
Todd Wash -- Tampa Bay Bucs
Nelson Barnes -- Oklahoma State
Dan Enos -- Michigan State
Tim Albin -- Ohio University
Jimmy Burrows -- Ohio University
Van Malone - University of North Texas
Jeff McInerny -- Head Coach -- Central Connecticut State
Willie Mack Garza -- University of New Mexico
Pat Perles -- Ball St
Reggie Moore -- UCLA

Thunderstruck84
January 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
NDSU isn't and never will be the ultimate job and yes, you are throwing smack. So before we deteriorate into further sarcastic hyperbole, I think it's fair to say that the fact that all these coaches are moving up to FBS and some to NFL jobs is a testament to the quality of the coaching. As long as that trend continues I'm confident that NDSU can replace good coaches with good coaches.

PantherRob82
January 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
NDSU isn't and never will be the ultimate job and yes, you are throwing smack. So before we deteriorate into further sarcastic hyperbole, I think it's fair to say that the fact that all these coaches are moving up to FBS and some to NFL jobs is a testament to the quality of the coaching. As long as that trend continues I'm confident that NDSU can replace good coaches with good coaches.

I completely agree. xthumbsupx