Hampton
Furman
GSU
Texas St.
UNI
Montana

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM
This is the one thing that's almost impossible to predict correctly because you don't know what the bids are.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Looks pretty fair to me

Saint3333
November 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM
The border line teams will not get home games...

It was based on performance coupled with attendance figures.

Saluki
November 19th, 2005, 10:38 PM
UNH
ASU
Hampton
Furman
GSU
Texas St.
UNI
MontanaThere is a very good chance SIU will get a home game against Eastern Illinois. Eastern is about 160 miles from SIU and travel distance is a big factor in the pairings.

blackfordpu
November 19th, 2005, 10:39 PM
This is the one thing that's almost impossible to predict correctly because you don't know what the bids are.

Agreed, we don't even know which bubble teams will be in yet.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 10:42 PM
There is a very good chance SIU will get a home game against Eastern Illinois. Eastern is about 160 miles from SIU and travel distance is a big factor in the pairings.

SIU will be on the road, but with a "winnable" game. EIU, in my estimation will be making an appearance in the friendly confines of the UNI-DOME.

Eagle22
November 19th, 2005, 10:46 PM
UNH
ASU
Hampton
Furman
GSU
Texas St.
UNI
Montana

Those are my eight as well.

EIU
November 19th, 2005, 10:49 PM
With a 9-2 record, EIU will get a home game against SIU...

Thats been the rumor... and dont be surprised if that will be the case....

JSU Fan
November 19th, 2005, 10:51 PM
EIU,

I hope you're right.

Out.

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 11:19 PM

Thats been the rumor... and dont be surprised if that will be the case....

Rubbish. If the committee sent SIU to EIU, it would be a travesty. For God's sake, EIU struggled with Indiana State... :eek:

Saluki
November 19th, 2005, 11:41 PM

Thats been the rumor... and dont be surprised if that will be the case....I seriously doubt that the committee would send a GFC Co-champ on the road against the OVC champ. But anything is possible!

Mr. C
November 20th, 2005, 02:41 AM
The NCAA says "show me the money." It all boils down to how much the bids are, which means the four seeds get home games with minimum bids and Montana, Georgia Southern and Northern Iowa get home games. For the final home game, it all depends on who put up the most money from the remaining group.

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I seriously doubt that the committee would send a GFC Co-champ on the road against the OVC champ. But anything is possible!

I will bring it up once again. 2001, UNI Panthers (9-2 Outright GFC Champ) sent on the road to seeded EIU (9-2 OVC Co-Champ). It was kind of horse *****! Oh well, we smacked them in the mouth!

EIU
November 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Rubbish. If the committee sent SIU to EIU, it would be a travesty. For God's sake, EIU struggled with Indiana State... :eek:

Well, it seems the committee had other thoughts about that.......

Pantherpower
November 20th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Don't worry, EIU. You will get smacked in the mouth again by a team from a superior conference, SIU. :nod:

rabidsaluki
November 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Don't care if we're on the road. Just glad we're in!

Go Dawgs!

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I seriously doubt that the committee would send a GFC Co-champ on the road against the OVC champ. But anything is possible!

Welcome to the NCAA

PantherMan
November 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Don't care if we're on the road. Just glad we're in!

Go Dawgs!

Yeah, and you got arguably the 2nd weakest first round opponent! Can't complain with that! ;) A rematch with UNI in Chatty?!? Sounds good to me! :eek:

GrizzlyEdd
November 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I agree... welcome to the NCAA.. Montana is the 3rd place BSC team and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs let alone host... but as we all know, money talks... has nothing to do with who deserves to host or be in the playoffs... very political and financial... nothing more.:deadhorse:nod: